The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blackwood companions and questing- do they interact at all?

Ru5tyShackleford
I didn't pay too much attention to the news cycle for this DLC, so I'm wondering- do the companions have any unique dialogue or random chatter for the quests you are doing, or interact in any other way? I was planning to pick them up when I stumble across them while adventuring, but I'm wondering if I should beeline to them so I don't miss out on any dialogue.
  • Argonianv2
    When you increase your rapport for each, they become more friendly. İf you go on "Let's talk about us." thingy, it changes by rapport inspiration.

Some tips:

Bastion:
    • Loves Mages Guild dailies. Group up with your friends and go for it.
    • Loves to fight against dolmen cultists.
    • Loves to gather runestone nodes.
    • Loves to read books from bookshelves.

Miri:
    • Loves to fight against goblins and Daedric delves, dungs, p. dungs.
    • Loves Fighters Guild dailies.
    Taunts-Like-Permablock
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Argonianv2 wrote: »
    When you increase your rapport for each, they become more friendly. İf you go on "Let's talk about us." thingy, it changes by rapport inspiration.

Some tips:

Bastion:
    • Loves Mages Guild dailies. Group up with your friends and go for it.
    • Loves to fight against dolmen cultists.
    • Loves to gather runestone nodes.

Miri:
    • Loves to fight against goblins and Daedric delves, dungs, p. dungs.
    • Loves Fighters Guild dailies.

I think he was specifically curious if the companions had e any extra dialogue during the Blackwood quests, which afaik, they don't.
    I picked Miri up fairly early but apart from her generic lines here and there she doesn't interact with any quest content specifically.
    Which is a shame really, but i get that voice acting is expensive.
  • Ru5tyShackleford
    Firstmep wrote: »
    I think he was specifically curious if the companions had e any extra dialogue during the Blackwood quests, which afaik, they don't.
    I picked Miri up fairly early but apart from her generic lines here and there she doesn't interact with any quest content specifically.
    Which is a shame really, but i get that voice acting is expensive.

Yeah, this is what I meant. Thanks for the answer! Shame they don't say anything for the quests, but understandable. At least I won't have to worry about missing anything!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they do not have any specific interactions for quest content.

It's one of my bigger gripes from a roleplaying perspective that there's zero rapport or interaction for zone story quests. I could literally save the world with them, and they don't care and have nothing to say. But do a week's worth of Fighters/Mages Guild dailies, and I'm in their good books.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed Mirri made a comment about a new pet when I equipped it.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not interacting so much as standing too close and breathing down your neck, preventing you from interacting with quest objectives. I’ve spent a lot of time circling the objective trying to get a prompt instead of talking to Bastian or Mirri. It’s also a problem when looting bodies.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, they do not have any specific interactions for quest content.

It's one of my bigger gripes from a roleplaying perspective that there's zero rapport or interaction for zone story quests. I could literally save the world with them, and they don't care and have nothing to say. But do a week's worth of Fighters/Mages Guild dailies, and I'm in their good books.

Var, I know how much you care for RP, so I understand your gripe.
    But put yourself for just a sec in the shoes of Mirri: if you were always in the need to take off that load (and cannot) there would be little hope that you could pay much attention to quests...
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    For me it would be enough if they would share part of your quest xp gain as rapport increase, like it is in SWTOR. So it would feel like real companions.

As for getting them - you will miss only leveling their skills from mob kills.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!