The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

crafted armor set advice for a cp 200ish stam warden...

Fikkan
Fikkan
✭✭
Hello.

Some info on my char...

All the crafts are maxed, level, passives and such.

I'm doing ok but would like to do a bit better.

I can do a full set (5 pieces) on medium armor up to six traits, have divines on all the mediums, and enough rubedo leather to make 5 cp 160 pieces. I want to do cp 160 because, well, it's there so why not? I can always get more leather for a second set to add to the outfit.

I've been thinking hundings because that was the cool set to have way back in the day when I tried playing the game. But thought I should at least try to ask if there's better for a stam warden, dual wield.

This particular char is my crafter wally. Mostly I just want to do the exploring, group dungeons and such solo but not worried about trials and such. That'll be another char built for battle and pvp and such.

In case it matters in a manner I can't figure out, most of my cp has been spent, so far, in exploring and craft support stuff with some basic toughening and survivability (hp, armor, and such).

Advice is welcome. Discussion among y'all veterans is desired. I figure as now's a good time to learn up on such stuff.
If at first you don't succeed, LFG.
  • Fikkan
    Fikkan
    ✭✭
    Fikkan wrote: »
    Hello.

Some info on my char...

All the crafts are maxed, level, passives and such.

I'm doing ok but would like to do a bit better.

I can do a full set (5 pieces) on medium armor up to six traits, have divines on all the mediums, and enough rubedo leather to make 5 cp 160 pieces. I want to do cp 160 because, well, it's there so why not? I can always get more leather for a second set to add to the outfit.

I've been thinking hundings because that was the cool set to have way back in the day when I tried playing the game. But thought I should at least try to ask if there's better for a stam warden, dual wield.

This particular char is my crafter wally. Mostly I just want to do the exploring, group dungeons and such solo but not worried about trials and such. That'll be another char built for battle and pvp and such.

In case it matters in a manner I can't figure out, most of my cp has been spent, so far, in exploring and craft support stuff with some basic toughening and survivability (hp, armor, and such).

Advice is welcome. Discussion among y'all veterans is desired. I figure as now's a good time to learn up on such stuff.

Forgot to add and didn't see an edit button so here's this too.

I would actually like feed back on a 2 full set medium and a two piece remainder with synergistic effect amongst them.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hundings Rage is still a very solid set, so you are right in thinking to craft that one. I'm not sure if you're asking for the second set to also be crafted, so I'll try and offer a some of both.

Diamond's Victory is a new set from Blackwood that boosts to your weapon damage with a five piece bonus that supposedly requires a mix of ranged an melee skills, but it's currently very easy to maintain 100% uptime. So, it's a very strong crafted set, but everyone is expecting it to be nerfed in a few months. In you're case, it might be worth wearing while you get better gear from dungeons. It only needs five traits to craft, as long as you have access to the station in Blackwood or an attunable one.

New Moon Acolyte is a set from Southern Elsweyr that also offers a bit of everything: weapon damage, crit, and offensive penetration. It was probably on par with Hunding's as being a desirable crafted set before DV came out, but it does require nine traits so you'll need some help to craft if you want to use it.

Some dropped sets that would work and are pretty accessible are Briarheart, which has a very strong five piece bonus that heals you (so it's optimal for solo play), which drops in Wrothgar with the Orsinium DLC or can be purchased from guild stores. Then if you don't mind farming dungeons, Leviathan is a solid set which gives crit chance on all of its set bonus lines. It drops from Crypt of Hearts I and II, so find an aspiring tank who's looking for Ebon and run it with them if you want to.

Any of these five piece sets will probably do you just fine for running around and doing some dungeons. There isn't a lot of synergy like you might see in a themed build, besides that Briarheart's healing requires Critical Damage to proc, so something like Leviathan will be more optimal for it, but using another set with precise weapons will probably give you a good uptime on it as well.

For the final two piece, I'd recommend a monster set like Selene's (from Selene's Web), Stormfist (from Tempest Island), or Slimecraw (from Wayrest Sewers I, but not if you run the Bird of Prey skill, which also gives minor berserk) if running vet dungeons is something that interests you. Those three sets are from base game dungeons that aren't too bad to run on vet, so I'd highly recommend attempting to get one. In the interim, you could look into the Agility set, which is a PvP three piece set, and either wear two piece for it, or 3 pieces and sacrifice the five piece bonus of one of your other sets. The jewelry and weapons can probably be found for pretty cheap at guild traders. Alternatively I'd probably just be lazy and either wear redundant pieces (like craft an extra helmet and shoulder of Hundings) or whatever random medium helmet and shoulder drops in divines, infused, or training because the bonus from Agility won't be make or break while waiting on a monster set.

PS sorry that's kind of long but I tried to be thorough in offering a variety of options. Also, you have to refresh the page but then there is a gear that appears in the upper right so you can edit posts :)
    PC NA
  • Fikkan
    Fikkan
    ✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Hundings Rage is still a very solid set, so you are right in thinking to craft that one. I'm not sure if you're asking for the second set to also be crafted, so I'll try and offer a some of both.

Diamond's Victory is a new set from Blackwood that boosts to your weapon damage with a five piece bonus that supposedly requires a mix of ranged an melee skills, but it's currently very easy to maintain 100% uptime. So, it's a very strong crafted set, but everyone is expecting it to be nerfed in a few months. In you're case, it might be worth wearing while you get better gear from dungeons. It only needs five traits to craft, as long as you have access to the station in Blackwood or an attunable one.

New Moon Acolyte is a set from Southern Elsweyr that also offers a bit of everything: weapon damage, crit, and offensive penetration. It was probably on par with Hunding's as being a desirable crafted set before DV came out, but it does require nine traits so you'll need some help to craft if you want to use it.

Some dropped sets that would work and are pretty accessible are Briarheart, which has a very strong five piece bonus that heals you (so it's optimal for solo play), which drops in Wrothgar with the Orsinium DLC or can be purchased from guild stores. Then if you don't mind farming dungeons, Leviathan is a solid set which gives crit chance on all of its set bonus lines. It drops from Crypt of Hearts I and II, so find an aspiring tank who's looking for Ebon and run it with them if you want to.

Any of these five piece sets will probably do you just fine for running around and doing some dungeons. There isn't a lot of synergy like you might see in a themed build, besides that Briarheart's healing requires Critical Damage to proc, so something like Leviathan will be more optimal for it, but using another set with precise weapons will probably give you a good uptime on it as well.

For the final two piece, I'd recommend a monster set like Selene's (from Selene's Web), Stormfist (from Tempest Island), or Slimecraw (from Wayrest Sewers I, but not if you run the Bird of Prey skill, which also gives minor berserk) if running vet dungeons is something that interests you. Those three sets are from base game dungeons that aren't too bad to run on vet, so I'd highly recommend attempting to get one. In the interim, you could look into the Agility set, which is a PvP three piece set, and either wear two piece for it, or 3 pieces and sacrifice the five piece bonus of one of your other sets. The jewelry and weapons can probably be found for pretty cheap at guild traders. Alternatively I'd probably just be lazy and either wear redundant pieces (like craft an extra helmet and shoulder of Hundings) or whatever random medium helmet and shoulder drops in divines, infused, or training because the bonus from Agility won't be make or break while waiting on a monster set.

PS sorry that's kind of long but I tried to be thorough in offering a variety of options. Also, you have to refresh the page but then there is a gear that appears in the upper right so you can edit posts :)

Thank you very much. You provided exactly what I was trying to ask for.
  • Fikkan
    Fikkan
    ✭✭
    Update:

I went full 160 cp on all items.

Hundings Rage full set most all gold, 2 pieces purple.
    Diamond's Victory full set (dual wield weps and jewelery) weps gold, jewels blue.
    Arms and Bracers Assassin's for the 650ish crit chance add on both. Both purple.

The jewels all got the stam trait.

The weaps (mace and dagger for the pen and crit) got sharp.

The armor got the divines wherever I had it researched which was most. The rest got... can't recall lol.

Haven't enchanted yet but those will all be in the cp 160 range as well.

I only have had the opportunity to slaughter over land trash so far, but before my dps was at around 7k spiking to 12k.
    Now, I'm at 14k spiking on occasion to 24k.

The before was with my bear and mirri, the after was just my char.

So, basically seems to have doubled my dps.