The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

It's time to revisit Vampire changes, ZOS.

• Milli_Rabbit
    Milli_Rabbit
    ✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    They should probably nerf mistform. 75% damage reduction is broken. Maybe make it reduce direct melee damage by 50% similar to how Protective Plate from DK reduces projectile damage by 50%. 75% damage reduction from all attacks is a bit much and doesn't fit the idea of a vampire. Mistform as an idea is making you hard to hit. However, an elemental attack should burn the entire mist and still do full damage.

No. How about cloak. Right now it's100% damage reduction without any penalties. Should ZOS change that too?

Please don't tell me that cloak should be stronger because it's a class ability. 2h dizzy and execute are not class abilities, and they are better than most skills in the game.

Cloak is a joke. Try using a flare. Ive killed more bomb blades than I can count just tossing flares.
  • Milli_Rabbit
    Milli_Rabbit
    ✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »
    Honestly the new vampire changes are not that bad. Passives are stronger then before and the cost penalty is for sure worth what you get in return. Mistform weaving for wp/sp damage is a engaging mechanic and sated frenzy is pretty powerful in pve and even in pvp on the right class. But there are some things they could improve on.

The spamable is powerful but I think it could be done better. It being melee with no built in slow or catch for the vamp is a bad idea. Giving them a ranged morph or some kind of catch would be all that needs to happen.

The stun they have, hypnotize and stupify needs to have the vision angles adjusted. I tested with a friend and what it considers looking at you is pretty close to a straight line in front of the characters face. If they widened the cone they consider for vision range it would be much more acceptable. I also think giving one of the morphes a root effect could go a long way to making the melee spammable more useful.

The drain ability needs to be thrown out the window and done again. Honestly if it were up to me I would rework this into a magic execute or catch mechanic. Magic execute just does more damage and restores more health based on the targets missing hp. The catch mechanic one would probably be a pull. Pull them to you and apply a slow. Channels last a short period but drains health. Less damage but you can catch people more easily and combo it with the vamp stun. I lean more towards the execute option since magicka classes still dont have a general execute they can use.

In alternate catch mechanic you could give vamp is to remove the Blood Mist form and make it a Bat Cloud. Teleport forward as a cloud of bats and strike a target. Take 75% reduced damage while in the form. You lose most of the defensive utility but you get a gap closer built in. Making melee vamp mage more practical. I favor this over the pull idea since Blood Mist kind of already falls flat compared to elusive. Plus you get a cool bat cloud teleport. Very vampire and even reflects the vampire lord of Skyrim.

As far as the Blood Scion form goes, I would like to see it be more vampiric less demonic. Just take the horns off, give it some vampire hair. Also, you could decrease the size and give it a little hover animation to call back to the Skyrim one. that way you still have close tot he same size profile but look way cooler. People would love it, i promise.

Love most of this! Id also like if we could generate ulti while a scion to increase uptime. Its such a cool ability.