Edited by kadar on January 29, 2021 2:32AM
There is a pretty serious, non-UI bug with the Cyrodiil queue: I join the queue for Grey Host this afternoon (queue = 129).
- Queue ticks down normally.
- I notice that my position has not moved in 10-15 minutes (queue position = 81).
- I'm checking in guild chats and on discord and turns out guild-mates who joined queue well after me are now right with me (guild-mate A is at position 88).
- My queue position stays fixed at 81 for the next 1.5
- I stay in queue thinking it HAS to be a UI error -- my position is probably moving and the display is stuck.
- When my guild-mate (the one who joined significantly after me) got the Cyro load screen I finally gave up.
- Log out and in again -- no queue position
- I am cry @ZOS
please look at the Cyrodiil queue for anything that could cause this. During an event like midyear it's pretty game-breaking. I lost an entire evening of PVP including a scheduled guild event. I don't want to sit through a queue of 100+ tomorrow for the same bug to occur.
Also, because I resigned myself to not PVP tonight after the big oof
I did the following science:
1. Queued for Grey Host, swapped characters. Swapped back to queued character @ ~4 minutes offline -- still in queue (ticking down normally)
2. Repeated step 1. staying offline for ~8 minutes. Same thing -- still in queue at a lower number
3. Repeated, ~12 minutes. Still in queue.
4. Repeated, 20+ minutes. Dropped from queue. TLDR: Queue is borked; also you can jump on different characters for up to 15 minutes without losing your queue position.