Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ESO Plus should include a bag for Furnishing items

JessPushToPlay
JessPushToPlay
✭✭✭
The sticker book has made a lot so much easier but since ESO Plus gives a bag for crafting items I really wish we had one for Furnishing items- those are the big ticket items that are causing room issues for me right now.

I'm not big on furnishing everything & don't want to sell everything either- I have a chest for "seasonal" items but even the biggest one (60 max) is too small for ALL the seasonal items & I have NO MORE chests because I store possible gear/PVP stuff/"to deconstruct" stuff in all my other chests.

A Furnishing bag would be AWESOME. Please @ZOS_GinaBruno???? :smile:
PC & PS4 | NA
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a godsend tbh. It really would.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Zerebrat
    Zerebrat
    ✭✭
    I need it
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    That would be nice. Right now I'm using a few homes as warehouses for my furniture.
  • swook33b16_ESO
    swook33b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Support 110%
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Please! Pretty Please!?
    Pretty Please with Skooma on top????!!!
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have said this is not feasible because there are too many different furnishings.

Was hoping they'd be able to do it with upgraded servers, but they're not upgrading the servers, just replacing what they have for end-of-life reasons.
  • Khedrakb14_ESO
    Khedrakb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that an unlimited Furnishings bag would make the ESO plus irresistible.

They keep adding more items with every DLC but our inventories and bank space never receive an upgrade.

Those furnishings are clogging up our Bank and those 30 slot and 60 slot Crown Chests are a joke of a size.
    Edited by Khedrakb14_ESO on June 23, 2021 6:21PM
  • Krym
    Krym
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    They have said this is not feasible because there are too many different furnishings.

Was hoping they'd be able to do it with upgraded servers, but they're not upgrading the servers, just replacing what they have for end-of-life reasons.

that sounds like a poor excuse. the item data is already stored, a furnishing bag just moves them around, you can limit further by only making accessible from inside your home for example (meaning it's not loaded all the time like the craftbag, but only on demand).
    at some point they have to figure something out, they're constantly adding new furniture stuff and even eso+ with it's double storage only goes so far.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I would really really reaaaaaallly want that
  • Rugby_hook
    Rugby_hook
    ✭✭✭
    If not this, at least allow us to retrieve items from another home when in one of our homes.
  • Pashen
    Pashen
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, I have several houses as furnishing warehouses and 95 percent of my bank and chest space is taken up by ..furnishings
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice for them to come up with some kind of solution. I have to turn a lot of my houses into warehouses rather than decorating and enjoying them, and then I have to remember what I've placed where. The worst is my Psijic Villa, which is a plant nursery. My framerate chugs with all those animated trees. 🤣
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krym wrote: »

that sounds like a poor excuse. the item data is already stored, a furnishing bag just moves them around, you can limit further by only making accessible from inside your home for example (meaning it's not loaded all the time like the craftbag, but only on demand).
    at some point they have to figure something out, they're constantly adding new furniture stuff and even eso+ with it's double storage only goes so far.

As they explained on some ESO Live, interview, or other such thing back when the bag launched... The crafting bag is special and takes advantage of the fact that there are a finite and known number of crafting materials, and this does not change very much. They don't store what you have, they list what everyone can have, and just keep track of how many of each an individual account has. It is actually very efficient, but it depends on a finite and manageable number of items. This is is apparently what allowed them to do the bag in the first place.

If you have understood the above, you will realize that the crafting materials are not stored as "item data" that is just moved around. The 'item data" is discarded when the item is placed in the bag, as all they store is the count of how many items you have. They don't store the actual item.

But... yes... they need to do something because furniture is just cluttering up the game and it is only going to get worse. Both inventory and housing zones. Eventually, the game will topple over into a pile of unused furniture.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Krym wrote: »

As they explained on some ESO Live, interview, or other such thing back when the bag launched... The crafting bag is special and takes advantage of the fact that there are a finite and known number of crafting materials, and this does not change very much. They don't store what you have, they list what everyone can have, and just keep track of how many of each an individual account has. It is actually very efficient, but it depends on a finite and manageable number of items. This is is apparently what allowed them to do the bag in the first place.

If you have understood the above, you will realize that the crafting materials are not stored as "item data" that is just moved around. The 'item data" is discarded when the item is placed in the bag, as all they store is the count of how many items you have. They don't store the actual item.

But... yes... they need to do something because furniture is just cluttering up the game and it is only going to get worse. Both inventory and housing zones. Eventually, the game will topple over into a pile of unused furniture.

That is a really good explanation, thank you.

/Looks at ground, looks at sky, squints into the middle distance/

What I take from that is that it's not impossible to do. There are a finite number of furnishing items, too, just. . .many, many more. I wouldn't envy the person in charge of taking stock of them all. It'd be a very pain in the arse task. But, it could in theory be done? If the item data is discarded when something goes into a bag, you'd think they would have incentive to try. I can't imagine how taxing all that furniture in banks and warehouses is.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨