The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Mirri has started whimpering [EDIT it wasn't Mirri]

GretchenRPH
GretchenRPH
✭✭
without spoilering, is this something leading up to her unlockable personal quests? I don't remember it until the last couple days, but Mirri is randomly giving out little fearful cries. Even when just standing around. I have slowly improving rapport with her so she shouldn't be having negative reactions to me and when spoken to says she's perfectly happy working with me. It's disturbing though, like I've been abusing her somehow.

If this is evolving behavior leading to some of her quests that would be enough to know. I just wonder if I'm doing something wrong for her. I'm familiar with her likes and dislikes.

[EDIT] I should have eliminated other possible factors. I had recently tried on the "Scholar" personality, and it has the idle animation of writing in a book, except sometimes it has your character cross something out and make a whimpering fretting sort of complaint noise while doing so. THAT is what I was hearing. Sorry and thank you for all the folks who tried to help!
Edited by GretchenRPH on July 2, 2021 1:58AM
  • Phanex
    Phanex
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she sees all those small little snakes in the grass, she's suppose to be afraid of them. I know she says something like "I'll let you handle this" or something when I fight the big snakes.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hadn't noticed anything. And I did both her personal quests.
    PC NA
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phanex wrote: »
    Maybe she sees all those small little snakes in the grass, she's suppose to be afraid of them. I know she says something like "I'll let you handle this" or something when I fight the big snakes.

You also get a rapport boost when you kill snakes, and I mean those little 1hp ones you find in the world.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you playing with combat-pets, like the Necro or Warden ones ? She sometimes shouts 'No' and panic when they 'die' ;)
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sirvaleen wrote: »
    Are you playing with combat-pets, like the Necro or Warden ones ? She sometimes shouts 'No' and panic when they 'die' ;)

Baston said "no! I can save you" when my necro pet died. I replied in mt head "dude even i cant save it"
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Sirvaleen wrote: »

Baston said "no! I can save you" when my necro pet died. I replied in mt head "dude even i cant save it"

Good thing about undead pets: They always come back.
    PC NA
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't experienced the wimpering. But she still has zero faith in my ability to kill groups of adds, despite seeing me kill thousands of creatures all over Tamriel. "I don't like your odds." Thanks, Mirri.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't experienced the wimpering. But she still has zero faith in my ability to kill groups of adds, despite seeing me kill thousands of creatures all over Tamriel. "I don't like your odds." Thanks, Mirri.

LOL I took her as talking to the enemies in that situation.
    PC NA
  • GretchenRPH
    GretchenRPH
    ✭✭
    thanks all, I think maybe sorcerer combat pets dying or being dismissed might be it.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »

LOL I took her as talking to the enemies in that situation.

Just last night I decided I was going to have to think of it that way but it sure sounds like she's talking to us! xD
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    without spoilering, is this something leading up to her unlockable personal quests? I don't remember it until the last couple days, but Mirri is randomly giving out little fearful cries. Even when just standing around. I have slowly improving rapport with her so she shouldn't be having negative reactions to me and when spoken to says she's perfectly happy working with me. It's disturbing though, like I've been abusing her somehow.

If this is evolving behavior leading to some of her quests that would be enough to know. I just wonder if I'm doing something wrong for her. I'm familiar with her likes and dislikes.

I don't mean to be insulting or anything, but are you scary looking? Like are you wearing the zombie personality or a creepy supernatural rash skin or something? Sometimes I whimper when I have to stand in the bank next to someone with their glowing skin peeling off swollen veins while they drool and grunt and make sudden movements.
  • GretchenRPH
    GretchenRPH
    ✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »

I don't mean to be insulting or anything, but are you scary looking? Like are you wearing the zombie personality or a creepy supernatural rash skin or something? Sometimes I whimper when I have to stand in the bank next to someone with their glowing skin peeling off swollen veins while they drool and grunt and make sudden movements.

No, it's something much dumber. I hadn't eliminated all the variables. I recently put the "scholar" personality on my character and while in a menu just now, her idle animation is scribbling in a book, but then sometimes she scribbles stuff out, and whimpers about it. THAT is what I was hearing. Derp :)