Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a way to increase the sound output besides audio settings?

spesimen
spesimen
I play on a macbook pro retina. My mac volume is currently set to max volume and the game has its audio settings at 100 swell. The volume is still feels too low. Is there an way I an boost the game volume some more?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a sound setting in the UserSettings.txt but it doesn't seem to change beyond a value of 100 so probably not possible in-game.
    SET AUDIO_VOLUME "100.00000000"

Altering it to 200 will change the Master slider value to 200 but then if you move the slider it reverts to 100 so just a cosmetic change.

I assume you have turned ALL audio options up in-game like Music, Ambient etc.

If it is the internal speakers then I don't know of any way to do this with a system tweak.

There is an app which does this intended for MacBook Pro called Boom but I have never used it so can't vouch for it's use.
  • spesimen
    spesimen
    Thanks for the input. I did check out Boom but apparently its quite bugged and a real CPU hog. Can always use some headphones I suppose.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    spesimen wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. I did check out Boom but apparently its quite bugged and a real CPU hog. Can always use some headphones I suppose.
    Think it's all round a better solution. I always use Headset and sound to me is one of the best features of ESO and headphones really get the best from that (really well worked environmental audio, reverb etc.)
    Also means I can use the 'headset' deafness excuse when asked to do the washing up. Doesn't work so often now though ;)
    Edited by Moonraker on April 23, 2014 9:33PM
  • LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    I have to say I noticed the game suddenly turning much quieter and I don't know how to fix it. In-game settings are set to default.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    LavaDrop wrote: »
    I have to say I noticed the game suddenly turning much quieter and I don't know how to fix it. In-game settings are set to default.
    There only time I notice any volume difference is in some voice acting which sometimes changes between dialogue for some reason (maybe dialogue changed and new recording) Also, sometimes I get the situational voices play out of context loudly, like the anchor dialogue you here close to it on creation , I can hear full volume some distance away in town. I think they are addressing some of these in the new PTS patch.

Have you tested via headset or other audio device to see if it is just internal speaker volume? Worth checking the user settings in case they get changed for some reason.
  • LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    I noticed the change in volume while using my headset.