The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why every patch you have to introduce some broken new stuff?

amir412
amir412
✭✭✭✭✭
Ganking is over the roof especially bombing,
90% of my fights in Cyro are ending by some bomber, doing 16k tether dmg from sneak.

It also doesn't make any sense that a bomber can one shot solo player with 0 counter.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 26, 2021 2:20PM
PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
"..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    90% of my fights in Cyro are ending by some bomber, doing 16k tether dmg from sneak.

It also doesn't make any sense that a bomber can one shot solo player with 0 counter.

Why 'every patch'?
    Its not as if bombing changed this patch. One shoting people on a bomb build has been possible for years
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try not standing in crowds?

• Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG someone ganked someone with ult and got a kill
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm fine with being able to bomb stacked groups, but at the moment any bomber can one shot solos, it makes no sense.
    laksikus wrote: »

Why 'every patch'?
    Its not as if bombing changed this patch. One shoting people on a bomb build has been possible for years

They added 275% more melee dmg from sneak this patch
    Edited by amir412 on June 26, 2021 1:54PM

• Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm fine with being able to bomb stacked groups, but at the moment any bomber can one shot solos, it makes no sense.
    laksikus wrote: »

Why 'every patch'?

How?
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On NPCs. Not on players.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

On NPCs. Not on players.
    Fixed an issue where the guaranteed Critical Strike and bonus damage from attacks made while hidden in crouch would fail on many attacks. It will now properly grant a guaranteed Critical Strike on your next Direct Damage attack, deal 46% bonus damage if a Ranged attack (now Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), 275% bonus damage if a Melee attack (Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), and Stun the target on Martial or Magical melee attacks.

Where is it stated it's only for NPC?
    Either way, even if I missed it, solo players taking 14k~16k proxy det is dumb.

• Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On NPCs. Not on players.
    Fixed an issue where the guaranteed Critical Strike and bonus damage from attacks made while hidden in crouch would fail on many attacks. It will now properly grant a guaranteed Critical Strike on your next Direct Damage attack, deal 46% bonus damage if a Ranged attack (now Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), 275% bonus damage if a Melee attack (Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), and Stun the target on Martial or Magical melee attacks.

Bombers have always been able to get their effect with as little as two or three people. And yes, damage did go up a bit in recent patches so being able to bomb a solo person does seem feasible if not particularly effective. Bombers are the definition of a glass cannon and sink everything into damage output. Sometimes they will catch you. It just happens. You can't win em all. But it really is phenomenally easy to knock a nightblade out of stealth and mess up their whole plan. And that's assuming lag doesn't knock them out of stealth for you.

Also, that bonus has *always* been a mechanic in the game. They just fixed it this last patch. It specifically only applies to NPCS. If you don't believe that then you can always test it for yourself with a friend. But I assure you it does not apply to players.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're getting one shot solo by a bomber, you need to have a better build.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Second time today I just walked through a gate and got instantly deleted by a bomber. You can't really tell people to not be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

30k+ resists and 30k+ hp (+ some dmg reduction modifiers) are not enough I guess, I'll just change my char into a brick so I can play properly.
    Edited by amir412 on June 28, 2021 10:20AM

• BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't know the situation on NA, but EU is plagued by bombers rn and EU isn't known for building particularly squishy.

Eating 12k deto and 16k tethers while running solo on anything not using major evasion isn't rare and it's the reason of death number one, I and other people encountered since Blackwood dropped.

• gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

On NPCs. Not on players.

I asked about this during pts, go back to morrowind patch notes, it explains crit bonus of 275 is pve only
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »

I don't know the situation on NA, but EU is plagued by bombers rn and EU isn't known for building particularly squishy.

Eating 12k deto and 16k tethers while running solo on anything not using major evasion isn't rare and it's the reason of death number one, I and other people encountered since Blackwood dropped.

How are they getting Proxy Det to hit that hard against a single player? It should be half the initial tick on Tether, or about equal to casting Sap or Pulsar against a single target.

Not doubting it, I’ve seen some crazy bombs recently as well. Just wondering how it’s possible. Maybe some trick to make it hit as though there were multiple targets?
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »

How are they getting Proxy Det to hit that hard against a single player? It should be half the initial tick on Tether, or about equal to casting Sap or Pulsar against a single target.

Not doubting it, I’ve seen some crazy bombs recently as well. Just wondering how it’s possible. Maybe some trick to make it hit as though there were multiple targets?

You slot Backstabber passive, and bomb them from behind. I don’t pay attention to my proxy damage. But I have hit 20k soul tethers this patch, on 40k hp tanks and healbots.

Most bombers don’t slot Simmering Frenzy from vamp skill line. If rapid regen or healing ward does it’s job, I can push the spell damage up to 9k before the bomb goes off. Sometimes the big guns need to be out for the extra ooomphh.