The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So, can we change Troll King function a bit?

Orange_fire_dragon
Orange_fire_dragon
✭✭✭
Now that health recovery is halved with battle spirit, I dont mind honestly but I cannot help and look at Troll King and think. How far you've fallen...

Maybe the set could use rework so it is still useful, maybe have it give self heal that triggers at certain health threshold or have it buff heal overtime abilities such as regeneration or vigor.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troll King is for sure useless now in both PvE and PvP - that definitely makes it an ideal candidate for a re-work.

IMO, there's room in the game for a drastically toned down version of what the bugged Undertaker set was providing (e.g. a unique and small amount of healing taken on every offensive damage tick). There currently is not any set or ability that fills that role.

Minor Lifesteal exists but it's a standardized buff that also doesn't really move the needle much when you're limited to only 600 HP/sec no matter how many times you attack or how many enemies are sourced with the effect.
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    Heal x amount when struck below 50% health with a 30s cd.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll king is still same. All sources of health recovery were hit in same way so in that regard it is ok. But its weak compared to other sets, like balorgh for example

There is more monster sets that were completely gutted. First by major/minor buff changes, then proc sets changes and now this recovery thing. Troll king isnt alone in this.
    There are monster setw that are way better than others. They used to balance sets accoreingly to their power but thats not true now.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    Troll king is still same. All sources of health recovery were hit in same way so in that regard it is ok. But its weak compared to other sets, like balorgh for example

There is more monster sets that were completely gutted. First by major/minor buff changes, then proc sets changes and now this recovery thing. Troll king isnt alone in this.
    There are monster setw that are way better than others. They used to balance sets accoreingly to their power but thats not true now.

Yes it is the same, point was though that, due to it being the same. It doesn't fit into the game style as well anymore. Health recovery used to be a strong healing source and troll king was made for that purpose I am sure. Now that health recovery is a lot weaker. They either need to push the troll king health recovery up a lot to fit the new change, or rework it.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    80% of monster sets are useless now, beside Balorgh which is clearly bis atm.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    Anyron wrote: »

Yes it is the same, point was though that, due to it being the same. It doesn't fit into the game style as well anymore. Health recovery used to be a strong healing source and troll king was made for that purpose I am sure. Now that health recovery is a lot weaker. They either need to push the troll king health recovery up a lot to fit the new change, or rework it.

But they nerfed it for this exact reason. Why would they nerf health recovery in pvp and then imidiately raised health recovery sources?

As i said, troll king is same as it was but its value dropped. To fixed that they should add something else to troll king instead.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get it back to its original values. It was something like 1,450 or something like that.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get it back to its original values. It was something like 1,450 or something like that.

It was lowered several times over the years. I could be wrong but I think it also used to have a 60% HP Requirement like Orgnum's.

If HP Regen must remain useless, replace all sources of it with Healing Taken.

Replace some sources of Major Fortitude with Major Vitality, and revise Major Fortitude to increase Damage Shield Strength, or something.

I thought HP Regen was a logical and thematic way to represent the "innate tankiness" of Orcs and Nords, back when we had a 30% bonus to it, and to help Warrior specs that wouldn't / shouldn't normally be skilled in Restoration magic.

If things must change then things must change, but there's too many HP Regen things out there which are useless. Poor Bog Raider, it could've been a star.

Edited by Urzigurumash on June 28, 2021 8:10PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It was lowered several times over the years. I could be wrong but I think it also used to have a 60% HP Requirement like Orgnum's.

If HP Regen must remain useless, replace all sources of it with Healing Taken.

Replace some sources of Major Fortitude with Major Vitality, and revise Major Fortitude to increase Damage Shield Strength, or something.

I thought HP Regen was a logical and thematic way to represent the "innate tankiness" of Orcs and Nords, back when we had a 30% bonus to it, and to help Warrior specs that wouldn't / shouldn't normally be skilled in Restoration magic.

If things must change then things must change, but there's too many HP Regen things out there which are useless. Poor Bog Raider, it could've been a star.

I think that those are some really good and interesting ideas.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just decon it, and if the pendulum swings back and it is good again, reconstruct.