The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Former Subscriber Crafting bag vs. normal Inventory - Inventory NOT drawn from first

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Feric51 wrote: »
    As much as I detest the Worm Cult and it's forum counterparts who revive long dead posts, I will still go ahead and give my opinion on this necro'd thread.

Those who think it's "shady" that inventory is pulled out of your craft bag rather than your inventory when you are not currently subscribed to ESO are looking at ZOS's stance as one of greed, when it actually one of generosity. If they wanted to be greedy, they would either dump all contents of the craft bag into your inventory upon ESO+ cancellation, with any mats unable to be banked or stored on a character lost to Oblivion, or simply cut off access to all the mats in the craft bag (not destroyed, just unavailable to access) until you resubscribed.

Like @VaranisArano stated. Use the craft bag to accumulate a massive stockpile of mats, then don't harvest any more until you burn through that cached supply. If you are forcibly compelled to harvest every node you walk past, then that it your own mental hurdle you'll have to deal with if inventory management becomes an issue. Don't put it on ZOS.

Pretty much ^

Yep! Basically, people want the advantage of the crafting bag without having to pay for it. You still have all your stuff in the crafting bag when your ESO+ expires, at which point newly harvested mats pile up like they always do. Why should you have ANY advantage of the craft bag once you're no longer subbed? You have ZOS' generosity to thank for the fact that the items in the craft bag aren't deleted or dumped back into your bank and all your characters. So, the trade off is, mats in the crafting bag are used first, otherwise, you'd have your cake and eat it, too.

ETA: Players take advantage of the free trials to game the system - get the advantage of storing huge amounts of mats without having to pay for it, and then call ZOS greedy when they allow them to keep all the mats stored in the crafting bag - FOR FREE - but then have to use them up first.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 23, 2018 7:10PM
  • Silverwulfess
    It makes perfect sense to use the crafting bag items first. You are not paying for the storage anymore, so why should you be allowed to use it indefinitely? As others have mentioned, at least they allow you to withdraw it as you use, rather than dumping it all back on you.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if Zenimax wasn't making a buttload of money off us I'd be more inclined to agree with you.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • VarenDarkHeart
    VarenDarkHeart
    Soul Shriven
    This impacts everyone who used the the ESO+ trial to stock up on mats. I don't subscribe, I just stock up during the free trials.

I actually really like this, since I can stock up on tons of mats and have the mats for writs pulled straight from the crafting bag. Anything I gather in the interim I can save in storage or sell easily,

So contrary to some of you, I like it the way it is. Moreover, it makes perfect sense as an incentive to resubscribe.

Isn't the craft bag it self enough to incentivize? or are we admitting that the craft bag is needed overall to even exist in the game effectively? It sounds like you use it to "stock up" on mat, sorry but what? I go through 1000's of materials in a week, let alone in a month or a year in between trials. My 1000's of hours in game should be incentive enough for zos to want me to continue playing, but I guess not. See the point?

" Like @VaranisArano stated. Use the craft bag to accumulate a massive stockpile of mats, then don't harvest any more until you burn through that cached supply. If you are forcibly compelled to harvest every node you walk past, then that it your own mental hurdle you'll have to deal with if inventory management becomes an issue. Don't put it on ZOS. "

and do what? lol, pvp? like I said earlier, zos is trying to kill this game. You get materials from just doing in game, so... don't put it on zos because I can't play because of inventory management?

[edited for bashing/baiting/language]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 29, 2021 6:16PM
  • VarenDarkHeart
    VarenDarkHeart
    Soul Shriven
    since we're on the topic of insenticising people to stay, why no option to gift a subscription? why no option to earn it with coin, I know zos loves pulling coin out of the economy. See trade guild wars and the 1b coin that leaves zos's servers every week. or talk about how prices for common materials have gone up 2 fold over the past year, I have the data. Go on, Let's talk about the game, for real.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This impacts everyone who used the the ESO+ trial to stock up on mats. I don't subscribe, I just stock up during the free trials.

I actually really like this, since I can stock up on tons of mats and have the mats for writs pulled straight from the crafting bag. Anything I gather in the interim I can save in storage or sell easily,

So contrary to some of you, I like it the way it is. Moreover, it makes perfect sense as an incentive to resubscribe.

Isn't the craft bag it self enough to incentivize? or are we admitting that the craft bag is needed overall to even exist in the game effectively? It sounds like you use it to "stock up" on mat, sorry but what? I go through 1000's of materials in a week, let alone in a month or a year in between trials. My 1000's of hours in game should be incentive enough for zos to want me to continue playing, but I guess not. See the point?

" Like @VaranisArano stated. Use the craft bag to accumulate a massive stockpile of mats, then don't harvest any more until you burn through that cached supply. If you are forcibly compelled to harvest every node you walk past, then that it your own mental hurdle you'll have to deal with if inventory management becomes an issue. Don't put it on ZOS. "

and do what? lol, pvp? like I said earlier, zos is trying to kill this game. You get materials from just doing in game, so... don't put it on zos because I can't play because of inventory management? comical synopsis.

LOL, thanks for reminding me that this thread, now twice necroed, still exists.

Nothing has changed since this thread was first posted in early 2017. ESO hasn't died. ZOS still wants players to subscribe for a better inventory management experience.

Though if this is still an issue for you and you want a more robust discussion about your pain points, I recommend starting a new thread instead. You'll get better responses that way than dragging up a post I made in August 2018 to complain that it doesn't address how you play now.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 29, 2021 6:18PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

As this thread was originally created in February 2017 and the information contained within may longer be relevant to the game, we decided to close it down. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.