The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can someone explain this Death Recap?

Marcus_Aurelius
Marcus_Aurelius
✭✭✭✭✭
We were sieging Alessia, no one around and I was manning my treb at full health, 27k. No one was hitting me.
Out of the blue I see one AD and I'm dead in a split second.

This was my death reacap
cmI2hyv.png

And this the stream from Combat Metric (you can see, no one hit me before the guy)
Y0c3ppe.png

I can't show the name of the guy but ironically let's say that it is the thing you use to take adavantage of a bug to do thing you could't do otherwise.

So, why did I die ????
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange that there is no light attack even on the recap, which is what procs crushing weapon.
    You likely got hit by other stuff too like a weapon enchant etc that doesn't show up here.
    So yeah likely a bug.
    I don't think its intentional tho.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is obviously with the way game registers damage. Why? Because in order to land crystal weapon/crushing weapon, you need a LA / HA. I don't see any LA/HA registered. SO I can presume the guy attaching you also had gplyh damage, proc sets damage and other sources of damage which were not registered. So basically, it is possible get one shoted by builds that that do 9k crystal weapon to a target in PvP.
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Death recap not showing the light attack makes sense because it only shows the most recent and significant sources of damage taken.
    Both crystal and crushing weapon are self buffs that trigger on the next light attack, with a 4 and 2 second window (respectively) to use it. So you can pre-buff crystal weapon, cast a snipe, light attack weave crushing (wih a bow it will go off because the light attack is still in flight when you "buff" yourself with crushing) and voila. The burst is absurd because it all lands at the same time. (Snipe not even needed in OPs pic)

Does not explain the missing LA from the combat log though... :|
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    I´ve had that coupled with power overload done to me recently (overload LA hitting for 17k. lol. with crystal/crushing weapon that´s 33k damage from one LA without weapon enchant on 30k res).
    The thing that I find really strange is, that the ganker remained hidden. Could someone explain to me, how that is possible? Apart from invisibility potion.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dorkener wrote: »
    Death recap not showing the light attack makes sense because it only shows the most recent and significant sources of damage taken.

Yeah but that's if it can't fit more than 5. I never seen recaps with just several items and for them to not be something like incap caluurions.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    I´ve had that coupled with power overload done to me recently (overload LA hitting for 17k. lol. with crystal/crushing weapon that´s 33k damage from one LA without weapon enchant on 30k res).

In my combat metric there was another line at the bottom (not included in the image) showing a Power Load Attack for 0 damage.

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    It's strange that there is no light attack even on the recap, which is what procs crushing weapon.
    You likely got hit by other stuff too like a weapon enchant etc that doesn't show up here.
    So yeah likely a bug.
    I don't think its intentional tho.
    It's the same with the FTC combat log. Doesn't show the full info anymore. I've raised it in the bug report section of the forum without knowing it also affects ZOS' own summary. Interesting.

In reality the OP will have been hit with a light attack, enchant and possibly some status effect as well. He's also somewhat tanky (or the sorc somewhat weak or ot was no CP). I've been hit for more on my nightblade, e.g. 10.5K + 10K in CP. Same deal. Light attack not shown and it's only a light attack plus other stuff that would actually account for the death. I had 28K health. It's frustrating, because 16K damage is not nearly enough to insta-kill most people and you kind of want to know what actually pushed it over the edge, for example whether it was an Overload light attack.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭

In my combat metric there was another line at the bottom (not included in the image) showing a Power Load Attack for 0 damage.

There you go. Here is your missing LA.
    2h Mace with 2 damage sets and balorgh and you have your 35k ranged one-shot sneakattack. Why was sniped nerfed?
    Edited by Kaysha on June 25, 2021 10:07AM
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭

2h Mace with 2 damage sets and balorgh and you have your 35k ranged one-shot sneakattack. Why was sniped nerfed?

Because this build is so very squishy and unlike nb has no real way of getting out of there like cloak or shade. Would rely almost entirely on vamp sprint or invis pots. While it is a decent pure gank build there is a reason why no one runs it.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How will balorgh help? It buffs on the amount of ulti consumed, it is not much ulti there.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out Hexys sorc build. I think that's what you got hit by
    Edited by Karm1cOne on June 25, 2021 1:05PM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    Check out Likos sorc build. I think that's what you got hit by

That dude has full channel of PvE builds. How is that relevant?
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has a pvp sorc build that matches that death recap

Edit: sorry it was hexys
    https://youtu.be/nop5B5dEJ7s
    Edited by Karm1cOne on June 25, 2021 1:05PM
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    How will balorgh help? It buffs on the amount of ulti consumed, it is not much ulti there.

What you are not seeing is an overload ultimate light attack.

I noticed last night I'd die unexpectedly in a fight, then I noticed people I was fighting not taking damage,then just drop dead. The game is broken and not sending the data of incoming attacks, and addons only read what the game can tell it.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woah this is gold, thanks for sharing. I wonder if it is possible to do both prebuffs + crossbow tho. Will psijic skill expire on long ranges?
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its not a player bug its a death recap bug. When you get overkilled by a large amount it doesn't show the skills which overkilled you.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »

Because this build is so very squishy and unlike nb has no real way of getting out of there like cloak or shade. Would rely almost entirely on vamp sprint or invis pots. While it is a decent pure gank build there is a reason why no one runs it.

Sorc don‘t have a way to escape.... OK
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorc don‘t have a way to escape.... OK

You'd say 2 streaks are better than cloak and shade... OK

If you are comparing it to every class then yes, a gank sorc is better than a gankDK...

If you watch the video posted above there are only 3 clips where he kills more than 1 person in a row. Are you saying this overload burst combo and then streak away and hide is better than using snipe and then cloak? But I've only seen a single overload ganking sorc so far and they've died every time, granted they did definitely kill one person.

You have no real means of hiding yourself after the fact besides invis pots on a 45 sec cd. Overload is far easier for other players to track than snipe, a single arrow coming from above vs a big blue glowing ball in a direct line. Streaking is far easier for enemies to track and much more expensive to get the equivalent safety of cloak.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know, when I equip aquity on my khajit, I have around 18k mag... enough for more than two BoLs
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its pretty standard I’ve had this happen a times this last week, damage is so outrageous this patch on just about anything hits super hard its no wonder you cam gank on a stamsorc. In all fairness I’ve got a bashcro set up that I put my normal 2h and s+b set up on and still hit like 9k crits bashing with 2h, I’ve been in groups with people using spin to win stamden bombers and they have 35k vd tooltips.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you mean no one runs it? The ganksorcs are sneaking everywhere right now and increasing numbers daily. You can do the math from increasing amounts of forum complaints and nerf demands also.

Anyone competent knows how to deal with Cloak so that NB "advantage" is nothing special these days and the VampGanksorc with Ball of Lightning has nice survival, enough to get one tap kills and escape most times.

Not here to demand it being nerfed, just always feels awkward to read people trying to downplay something that currently clearly is the FOTM when you hear all your friends playing it right now. I mean people do not switch to that and even buy Race Change Tokens for maximum min-maxing of that setup.

But there always are those "it is not even that good.. hey look at this other class spec with this clearly op skill that needs way more nerf than what we talk here, eh buddies??!" who wanna use it as long as can by downplaying it being actually the worst setup anyone could play. I mean come on... we all know its the most single target burst damage at pvp this update that can also do both from range AND stealth. :D
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fawn4287

Do you still hold the same positions you used to post about regarding a cap on Max HP, nerfs to Heavy Armor, etc.?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fawn4287

Do you still hold the same positions you used to post about regarding a cap on Max HP, nerfs to Heavy Armor, etc.?

Yes builds that run around as pure troll tanks or wardens with nearly 40k health doing 10k+ hits with sub are still broken, a stamden with 35k hp and a VD tool tip higher than a magica build is insane.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    @Fawn4287

Yes builds that run around as pure troll tanks or wardens with nearly 40k health doing 10k+ hits with sub are still broken, a stamden with 35k hp and a VD tool tip higher than a magica build is insane.

Well, do you see it play out that these sorts of Wardens are able to resist and defeat Crystal Weapon gankers and Elemental one-shot builds, the two most conspicuously broken among new setups people are running now? Or are they just more fodder for these gank builds, or, as is my case, you have no idea how the two stack against each other?

I don't really think a Gank meta is a preferable alternative to a Tank meta, or at least, I think this current patch is less "skillfull" than most of the patches in ESO history prior to Greymoor. I guess I'd rather have a 1 GCD meta than a 500 GCD meta, but, somewhere in between seems right.

Of course I thought during No Procrodiil that StamSorc was finally in a spot it should be - not quite as strong as the DLC classes, but with a clear identity, and plenty of reasons to choose the class over others - things sDK and sPlar tend to lack depending on the patch - and much of this I attributed to the Crystal Weapon redesign. I don't think this Overload ganking is a good reason to send StamSorc back to the bottom as it was for so long - but I do think base-game class "tank" specs could use some help to balance out the ecosystem a bit.

I'm landing 20k Leaps here and there, 15k or so with regularity, which is fun, but, otherwise if I'm not spamming Damage Shields I'm often toast before I know what hit me. I'd be happy to roll with 10k Leaps and the ability to withstand a gank for a GCD or two like normal, but it's hardly worth it for the most part. Hard to say how much of this present Gank Meta has to do with blocking/break-free related issues.

Point is, it was always inevitable at a certain point of nerfing tanky melee specs that ganky ranged specs would rule the land.

Edited by Urzigurumash on June 29, 2021 2:44AM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fawn4287

Well, do you see it play out that these sorts of Wardens are able to resist and defeat Crystal Weapon gankers and Elemental one-shot builds, the two most conspicuously broken among new setups people are running now? Or are they just more fodder for these gank builds, or, as is my case, you have no idea how the two stack against each other?

I don't really think a Gank meta is a preferable alternative to a Tank meta, or at least, I think this current patch is less "skillfull" than most of the patches in ESO history prior to Greymoor. I guess I'd rather have a 1 GCD meta than a 500 GCD meta, but, somewhere in between seems right.

Crystal weapon, ele weapon overload ganking is more of a problem with the devs not foreseeing the outcome of allowing all these things to stack like they do on 1 light attack. there was a build with magsorc light overload attack + old Crystal blast and maelstrom lightning staff + overload heavy attack. This isn’t a problem with overall balance more so just a problem directly caused by a poorly balanced gank combo.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fawn4287

Crystal weapon, ele weapon overload ganking is more of a problem with the devs not foreseeing the outcome of allowing all these things to stack like they do on 1 light attack. there was a build with magsorc light overload attack + old Crystal blast and maelstrom lightning staff + overload heavy attack. This isn’t a problem with overall balance more so just a problem directly caused by a poorly balanced gank combo.

True. The quick fix is a buff to Impen, like you said, but also a buff to the base resistances of Heavy Armor. We don't want to gut StamSorc just to have some other gank spec take its place, MagDen can do some crazy burst right now that it hasn't been capable of before. More players in more Heavy would balance out these new gank specs just like players in Heavy have always balanced out VD.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fawn4287

True. The quick fix is a buff to Impen, like you said, but also a buff to the base resistances of Heavy Armor. We don't want to gut StamSorc just to have some other gank spec take its place, MagDen can do some crazy burst right now that it hasn't been capable of before. More players in more Heavy would balance out these new gank specs just like players in Heavy have always balanced out VD.

An impen buff would be good to counter the non stop ganking and bombing in cyrodil at the moment, crystal weapon should just be 2 seconds and not couple with ele weapon and overload light and heavy attack shouldn’t be recognised as a normal light and heavy attacks since its an ult and shouldn’t be buffed by light and heavy attack sets, which in themselves need to be changed to flat stats rather than % based buffs.