The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

An Abundance of Stibbons - Inspired by companions?

SeaGtGruff
SeaGtGruff
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I finally did the Abundance of Stibbons quest tonight, and was struck by the following thought:

Could the quest be a sort of sly wink at the prospect of having an abundance of Bastions and Mirris running around Tamriel?
I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that quest. It feels so representative of what its like to lead dungeon PUG runs, except Stibbons actually listens.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A parody of Companions. A crowd of idiot clones running about. The cruellest irony is that Stibbo will do the thing that Players most want Companions to do - stand on platform switches. Top marks Devs :D
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on June 15, 2021 7:40AM
    PC EU
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, this one did feel trolled by that quest.

Bastian and Mirri, despite their gratitude for this one, never got down on their knees and chanted “Sam-my!”
    Edited by SammyKhajit on June 15, 2021 7:47AM
  • Xaramasa
    Xaramasa
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe, I do wish we had the option to instruct our companions the way we had with the Stibbonses.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The cruellest irony is that Stibbo will do the thing that Players most want Companions to do - stand on platform switches.

So very, very true.

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While some of the stibbons spots were a bit confusing, this is still one of the better quests of this chapter xD.
    I wish the main story could take itself a bit less seriously sometimes :p
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Bastio follow to Eveyea!"
    "Mirro drink!"
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I detested that quest since they didn't seem to test on console. Stand here, no here, no you stupid piece of goo, move over 2 inches. And I fell into a space between two walls and couldn't get out. Taller characters could eventually get out since getting stuck here seemed common, but wood elf had to use the "I'm stuck" option. Good quest idea, poor execution.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mik195 wrote: »
    I detested that quest since they didn't seem to test on console. Stand here, no here, no you stupid piece of goo, move over 2 inches. And I fell into a space between two walls and couldn't get out. Taller characters could eventually get out since getting stuck here seemed common, but wood elf had to use the "I'm stuck" option. Good quest idea, poor execution.

I said “F this” about 10 minutes in. Abandoned it. Screw Stibbons. I’ll be hard pressed to ever take another quest from that witch he works for after this nonsense.

[edited for thumb typo]
    Edited by VoodooPlatypus on June 28, 2021 11:45PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus Titus Alessian wipes the goo from an exploded Stibbo off his face, then out of his goatee. "Gross." Then he stares suspiciously at Bastian. "You aren't made out of goo, are you?"

"Of course not! Why would you say that?"

"Oh, I dunno. You absolutely sure there isn't an ancient Argonian Xanmeer pumping out Bastian clones to clog up the wayshrines and swarm the land?"

"There's not." Bastian scratches his head. "Though if there was, I'm a little insulted that you think more of me would be a bad thing."

"Stibbo stay here!"

"Stibbo come!"

"Stibbo stay here."

"Stibbo come."

"Dear divines, Stibbo, just stand on the pressure plate. Not near the pressure plate. Not next to the pressure plate. ON the pressure plate. Now try again."

"Stibbo stay here."

"Argh! Bastian, get over here and stand on the pressure plate."

"Sorry, Marcus. I can't do that."

Marcus' hair sticks out at odd angles from the drying goo, and his voice has taken on the dangerous edge of a man at the edge of his limits. "Whyever not?"

"Everyone knows that the arcane density of semi-sentient plasmic substances is greater than that of the average human mage."

Marcus grits his teeth. "Speak plain Tamrielic, please."

"I'm not made of goo."

"Dear divines." Marcus heaves a sigh. "Fine. Bastian, I'm sorry I made fun of you and your clones. You aren't made of goo. Now will you please stand on this pressure plate?"

"I can't. Sorry."

"Whyever not?!"

"Because if I agree to stand on a pressure plate once, you'll make me run Direfrost Keep over and over again!"
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stibbo stay close!
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Die Stibbo!