The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pets in PvP

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we like, do something about pets in PvP? I'm talking about engine guardian as well. I'm fighting two mag sorcs, one with engine guardian, one daedroth set and birds flying around. Do you think I landed a single hit? Maybe a couple, but the free mitigation pets give because of LoS is absolutely absurd. My heart breaks when a spectral bow crit hits a stupid tin can guardian.
I don't know what the solution is, but it's getting pretty stupid. Perhaps make pets tiny? (apart from storm atro). Also let engine guardian be untargetable but still bashable. That is all.
Edited by Alucardo on June 26, 2021 6:31AM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Can we like, do something about pets in PvP? I'm talking about engine guardian as well. I'm fighting two mag sorcs, one with engine guardian, one daedroth set and birds flying around. Do you think I landed a single hit? Maybe a couple, but the free mitigation pets give because of LoS is absolutely absurd. My heart breaks when a spectral bow crit hits a stupid tin can guardian.
    I don't know what the solution is, but it's getting pretty stupid. Perhaps make pets tiny? (apart from storm atro). Also let engine guardian be untargetable but still bashable. That is all.

You should know that you’re hitting a pet when spectral bow hits at all lmao, I swear you can watch the projectile hit someone who is CCd on the floor and its still dodged. But pets as whole are just not very fair, especially in a 1v1, engine guardian in on another level for annoying and fighting a magsorc or stamblade with one is you actually hit 50% or less of the single target abilities you fire off.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

You should know that you’re hitting a pet when spectral bow hits at all lmao, I swear you can watch the projectile hit someone who is CCd on the floor and its still dodged. But pets as whole are just not very fair, especially in a 1v1, engine guardian in on another level for annoying and fighting a magsorc or stamblade with one is you actually hit 50% or less of the single target abilities you fire off.

Haha, yeah, the hit rate on spectral bow is insanely low. I think I understand why I'm seeing more and more melee magblades lately.
    It really confuses me, because the engine guardian isn't that tall really, but somehow my attacks just get sucked into it like some kind of black hole, even if I'm aiming at the persons head.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've honestly stopped using the skill in both PvP and especially in PvE. I've personally been responsible for making rats go extinct in way too many dungeons because the spectral bow decides it wants to hit critters instead of my actual target.

It's the only time I'm actually glad ZoS removed the deer in Cyro because at least it was one less critter I had to worry about when I did use it. Opted for a more situational build for my magblade now since gear has to change sometimes on the go.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Engine Guardian is the best defensive set in PvP.

Forget Malubeth, bloodspawn etc.

The amount of damage that Engine Guardian soaks up is crazy.

I mean, I use it on my sorc so kinda conflicted on it haha. If you take away it being targetable, I don't see any use for it really. The resources are ok I guess, but it's all about the body block.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    I've honestly stopped using the skill in both PvP and especially in PvE. I've personally been responsible for making rats go extinct in way too many dungeons because the spectral bow decides it wants to hit critters instead of my actual target.

It's the only time I'm actually glad ZoS removed the deer in Cyro because at least it was one less critter I had to worry about when I did use it. Opted for a more situational build for my magblade now since gear has to change sometimes on the go.

HAHA the rats, yeah. If you ever come across a graveyard of rats there's probably a magblade close by.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's really insane is when it procs when a sorc is streaking away then you wait to bash it and the damn thing zooms to catch up. Unless you are running a gap closer or ranged interrupt it's just impossible to deal with.

I find myself just leaving those fights and looking elsewhere.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    Targeting pets really cancer of this game for pvp aspect. And every freaking sorc use this guardian for defence. ZOS should add keybinding options to toggle on\off targeting enemy pets.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afterip wrote: »
    Targeting pets really cancer of this game for pvp aspect. And every freaking sorc use this guardian for defence. ZOS should add keybinding options to toggle on\off targeting enemy pets.

A toggle would be great actually, especially if it's something you can key bind.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know what the solution is
    In a perfect world, tab target would actually work...
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its fair when they bow ult my bear.

Ult for an ult right?

>:)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    Afterip wrote: »

This is the most annoying thing in all of pvp.
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch