Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

low level crafter

bridgetrose
bridgetrose
✭✭✭
So in theory, if you had a main that had opened up all the zones for shards, and you didn't mind spending crowns for shards for an alt, you could have a very low level master crafter...right?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How are you going to get a Master Crafter with skyshards?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    How are you going to get a Master Crafter with skyshards?

I probably wasn't thorough enough in what I was getting at. This is an alt and you would send all the hand me downs for deconstruction and research from the main.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aha! I get ya'. So you don't play the alt except to have them do crafting chores and use the skyshards for skill points. Yeah, I guess you could have a low level Master Crafter.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Aha! I get ya'. So you don't play the alt except to have them do crafting chores and use the skyshards for skill points. Yeah, I guess you could have a low level Master Crafter.

Thanks. I was trying to see if there was something that I wasn't aware of that would prevent this line. I have alts but I like to play them so while I may augment them a bit I'll still level them up.
  • hundergrn
    hundergrn
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly viable as long as you don't mind paying money/crowns for 70-80 (90?) skill points for a dedicated master crafter. It would still take 6 months to a year of constant research to 9-trait all skills and a good bit of gold to get all the recipes and motifs for the alt.

In the time of research completion, your low-level master crafter may not be low level anymore just by doing daily writs.

In theory, it is doable albeit imo a bit of a waste of gold, crown, and time for just a very skilled backpack.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    hundergrn wrote: »
    Certainly viable as long as you don't mind paying money/crowns for 70-80 (90?) skill points for a dedicated master crafter. It would still take 6 months to a year of constant research to 9-trait all skills and a good bit of gold to get all the recipes and motifs for the alt.

In the time of research completion, your low-level master crafter may not be low level anymore just by doing daily writs.

In theory, it is doable albeit imo a bit of a waste of gold, crown, and time for just a very skilled backpack.

I'm very new to this. This morning I received my first master writ. It require or motif or a style, can't remember off the top of my head, that can only be gotten by a quest so that kind of thing right there would make it hard for what I suggested.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm very new to this. This morning I received my first master writ. It require or motif or a style, can't remember off the top of my head, that can only be gotten by a quest so that kind of thing right there would make it hard for what I suggested.

I'm curious. Which one was it? My main crafter has gotten several motifs from guild traders. I'd never have gotten the faction motifs otherwise. I avoid cyrodiil and PvP.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

I'm curious. Which one was it? My main crafter has gotten several motifs from guild traders. I'd never have gotten the faction motifs otherwise. I avoid cyrodiil and PvP.

It was soul Shriven that can only be gotten through the Cadwell Silver quest. Which I think is given out at the end of the coldharbour line. I'm not quite done so I'm not positive.