The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 318 on login

vgabor
vgabor
✭✭✭✭✭
68brge6qldba.png

Straight away from logging on a character I left in the IC base yesterday, I get kicked off from the server.

My guess that there are a lots of character in the IC base now and the game request the graphical for them one by one on login, too many at once so the server consider spamming. Because what I experience is that the game finishes the loading screen after login, displays just the outline of some characters, then start loading something and more graphical elements like some pets start appearing, and then the game disconnects.

[snip]

[Edited for bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 28, 2021 8:00PM
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have too many addons trying to share information with your allies and they are exceeding the limit that zos has put in place. Try disabling some or even all of them. The biggest culprits in my experience at Combat Metrics (which is usually off when in pvp by default) and Bandits UI. Also many pvp-oriented addons like to share info which often duplicates messages sent.
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    It’s not your add ons, you sent too many messages in chat at one time.
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can happen with addons too. Many group-related addons send messages to one another every time an event occurs. And if you have multiple addons sending messages due to the same events you will easily hit the message cap limit (which I believe is usually about 1 message per second with a slight tolerance for excessive messages for a short period to account for latency spikes)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For help with troubleshooting Error 318 please see our FAQ here. This help article will go over possible causes and steps you can take to get further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post