The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Merciless Charge

shrekt4303
shrekt4303
✭✭
Is it worth farming for pvp? With battle spirit and resistances i feel like the damage is negligable. Reason i ask is i run unleashed terror and deadly strike.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unleashed and Merciless got straight -40% nerf in Blackwood patch. This combo can still be used to infect all the opponents with dots (no CD), but now you can't be doing this on the tank character, you can go high in HP but you need to have high WD, and the damage will be almost twice lower than before.

That being said, those sets were OP before, I wouldn't be surprised if you can still make it work for you.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use unleashed and maelstrom 2h on my stamplar still. It is good, just build 6k or so wd.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    Unleashed and Merciless got straight -40% nerf in Blackwood patch. This combo can still be used to infect all the opponents with dots (no CD), but now you can't be doing this on the tank character, you can go high in HP but you need to have high WD, and the damage will be almost twice lower than before.

That being said, those sets were OP before, I wouldn't be surprised if you can still make it work for you.

In fact, Unleashed is stronger now . Sure, It does less damage BUT it applies Hemorrhaging for 14 sec (each dot proc refresh the hemorrhaging status), so it means that your opponent will have -10% hp most of the time + a base dot still strong + a status effect with almost the same damage as burned (and it can crit !)
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    Better question i would remove my 1 piece domihaus losing 1k stam and mag to gain an extra 500 dps a second roughly. Worth? guess ill farm normal and test it since it really comes down to my preferance.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shrekt4303 wrote: »
    Is it worth farming for pvp? With battle spirit and resistances i feel like the damage is negligable. Reason i ask is i run unleashed terror and deadly strike.

Not anymore.

Pre-Blackwood, Perfected Maelstrom Maul was my preferred 2H weapon, and Merciless Charge typically accounted for 12-15% of my total damage.

There are better sets now.

If Merciless Charge had been left as-is and just had the scaling based on WD applied, it would still be viable.

The buff to Stampede has made it much more relevant for node fighting.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Arbiter7070
    Arbiter7070
    ✭✭✭
    That set up is not good this patch. It is just too low damage. It was already countered pretty easily by good players pre-patch. Now it's atrocious. You have to invest everything in order to get that proc combo to do anything and even then it's still 40% less. For this patch you should probably go with stat sets or stat proc sets.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up the dot based builds for pure WD based build. The stat-based burst is just too strong to pass up this patch imo
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA