The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Master writ

bridgetrose
bridgetrose
✭✭✭
So I received a master writ. I filled in the gap for the one thing I was missing. I opened writworthy, checked the box to put it in Q, opened the crafting station and nothing happens. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    So I received a master writ. I filled in the gap for the one thing I was missing. I opened writworthy, checked the box to put it in Q, opened the crafting station and nothing happens. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

I figured it out. I had to go to the crafting station in Blackwood to do the master writ. So far so good. I have the item in my bag, but as far as I can tell I received no writ vouchers for it and the sealed writ in still in my inventory. I would have thought once you use the writ it disappears. I've googled and watched videos on youtube but.... I still don't have all my questions answered.
  • Lucifer_Sam
    Lucifer_Sam
    ✭✭
    You have to turn it in to Rolis in one of three places. Check this link for pictures. lovelynorth.com/master-writ-vendor/

To add, you have to use the writ first, then speak to Rolis to turn it in. Hope this helps.
    Edited by Lucifer_Sam on June 25, 2021 6:08AM
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    You have to turn it in to Rolis in one of three places. Check this link for pictures. lovelynorth.com/master-writ-vendor/

To add, you have to use the writ first, then speak to Rolis to turn it in. Hope this helps.

Yea, I finally fiddled my way through it and figured out what I missed. I didn't open the silly thing and accept the contract. Once I did that I turned it in and got my vouchers. This wasn't complicated, just kind of confusing for a first time through. Got it now.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Watch which character accepts the master writs. Unless its changed, the character that accepts the master writ has to craft the item.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Watch which character accepts the master writs. Unless its changed, the character that accepts the master writ has to craft the item.

I thought since they can be put in your bank that they can be transferred between characters
  • Lucifer_Sam
    Lucifer_Sam
    ✭✭
    He's saying that whatever character actually opens the writ to activate it has to make the item. You can move writs around any character.

Just don't open a writ on a character that can't do it otherwise you''ll have to abandon the quest and lose the writ or wait until you can get that character to a point where they can do it.