The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Destruction Staff element should influence Force Shock?

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Would you like the element of an equipped Destruction Staff to influence Force Shock?

Reasons for change:
- Every other Destruction Staff damaging ability is based on staff element and gets a new effect - Wall of Elements, Destructive Touch, Impulse, Elemental Storm.
- There's currently no Frost Damage or Shock Damage spammables
- A morph of Force Shock can keep all three damage types so that the option isn't lost.
- Damage-type buff sets like Frostbite, Netches Touch, etc become stronger along with archetypes like shock mage sorc or frost mage warden.

A random proposed version:
BASE ABILITY

Force Shock (Live)
Focus all the elemental energies with your staff and blast an enemy for 696 Flame Damage, 696 Frost Damage, and 696 Shock Damage.

Arcane Assault (New) - (Blazing Assault, Freezing Assault, Electrifying Assault)
Focus the innate elemental energy of your staff and blast an enemy for 2160 Damage. Blazing Assault restores 100 Magicka when striking enemies. Freezing Assault restores 1 Ultimate when striking enemies. Electrifying Assault can strike up to one nearby target.

MORPH 1

Crushing Shock (Live)
Focus all the elemental energies with your staff and blast an enemy for 696 Flame Damage, 696 Frost Damage, and 696 Shock Damage.
Enemies hit while casting are interrupted, set Off Balance, and stunned for 3 seconds.

Crushing Shock (New)
Enemies hit while casting are interrupted, set Off Balance, and stunned for 3 seconds.

MORPH 2

Force Pulse (Live)
Focus all the elemental energies with your staff and blast an enemy for 696 Flame Damage, 696 Frost Damage, and 696 Shock Damage. Up to 2 nearby enemies will take 2399 Magic Damage if they were already afflicted with Burning, Chilled, or Concussed status effects.

Arcane Pulse - (Blazing Pulse, Freezing Pulse, Electrifying Pulse)
Focus the innate elemental energy of your staff and blast an enemy for 2160 Damage. Up to 2 nearby enemies will take 2399 Damage if they were already afflicted with Burning, Chilled, or Concussed status effects.
Blazing Pulse restores 100 Magicka when striking enemies.
Freezing Pulse restores 1 Ultimate when striking enemies.
Electrifying Pulse can strike up to 4 nearby enemies.
Edited by Vaoh on June 19, 2021 6:54PM

Destruction Staff element should influence Force Shock? 33 votes

Yes, Force Shock should have the option of focusing on one element.
63% 21 votes
No, keep it the same.
33% 11 votes
Other.
3% 1 vote
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I voted yes just so frost mages can get a spammable
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's nice to have it as all 3 elements, but the option for a single-target spammable for each element would be fun and flavorful, and maybe lead to some new builds.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
  • 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting ideas! i'd be glad to see them in. I like the ultimate one for freezing pulse but it's hard to say if 1 ultimate per cast is very impactful it probably is though. The electrifying pulse idea seems a bit stronger than the other 2 which may need to be toned back a bit.

i think the other destro skills need help too. especially the reaches. since as an example, even with 8% more frost damage on frost reach via frostbite, degeneration still does more damage, increases stats while slotted and offers empower which is really sad.

maybe the reaches should just deal 20% more damage to enemies afflicted with respective statuses.

there's also the problems with the impulses, how the fire one is the only execute, and not particularly designed well either, while frost impulse has a really awful effect in aoe minor protection for a couple of seconds that no-one asked for but was added purely because "tanking weapon" even though in the context of the skill, tanks wouldn't ever want to use it unless it was genuinely worthwhile minor force for a good duration or a standardised (but weaker than whirling blades) execute effect across the 3 types would be far better.

there's also a problem with the walls, where shock wall kinda seems useless atm, while unstable wall of frost provides a supportive effect while being a damage dealer's morph, and fire wall just offers much more damage than the other two, not even including the 15% bonus flame group damage from dk and encratis.

oh yeah and the useless effect for frost on icy rage compared to more duration/damage. would be neat if it was a 15% cost reduction.

(also think i voted other? when i would have voted for yes)
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on June 24, 2021 12:44AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting ideas! i'd be glad to see them in. I like the ultimate one for freezing pulse but it's hard to say if 1 ultimate per cast is very impactful it probably is though. The electrifying pulse idea seems a bit stronger than the other 2 which may need to be toned back a bit.

i think the other destro skills need help too. especially the reaches. since as an example, even with 8% more frost damage on frost reach via frostbite, degeneration still does more damage, increases stats while slotted and offers empower which is really sad.

maybe the reaches should just deal 20% more damage to enemies afflicted with respective statuses.

there's also the problems with the impulses, how the fire one is the only execute, and not particularly designed well either, while frost impulse has a really awful effect in aoe minor protection for a couple of seconds that no-one asked for but was added purely because "tanking weapon" even though in the context of the skill, tanks wouldn't ever want to use it unless it was genuinely worthwhile minor force for a good duration or a standardised (but weaker than whirling blades) execute effect across the 3 types would be far better.

there's also a problem with the walls, where shock wall kinda seems useless atm, while unstable wall of frost provides a supportive effect while being a damage dealer's morph, and fire wall just offers much more damage than the other two, not even including the 15% bonus flame group damage from dk and encratis.

oh yeah and the useless effect for frost on icy rage compared to more duration/damage. would be neat if it was a 15% cost reduction.

The overarching idea would simply be for Force Shock to be like all the other Destruction skills so we can get a solid spammable for Ice, Shock, and Flame.

But yeah that was just my suggestion for how a Force Shock rework could look! :smile: The AoE component from Force Pulse aka Arcane Pulse would also proc the special element effect. So Blazing Pulse would give 100-300 Magicka per cast, Freezing Pulse would give 1-3 Ultimate per cast, and Electrifying Pulse hits more targets. That generally respects the idea of flame being for damage, ice being for random stuff, and shock being for aoe too.

I wish Icy Rage could have kept the cost reduction as its special effect waaaaaay long ago instead of immobilizing targets.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

The overarching idea would simply be for Force Shock to be like all the other Destruction skills so we can get a solid spammable for Ice, Shock, and Flame.

But yeah that was just my suggestion for how a Force Shock rework could look! :smile: The AoE component from Force Pulse aka Arcane Pulse would also proc the special element effect. So Blazing Pulse would give 100-300 Magicka per cast, Freezing Pulse would give 1-3 Ultimate per cast, and Electrifying Pulse hits more targets. That generally respects the idea of flame being for damage, ice being for random stuff, and shock being for aoe too.

I wish Icy Rage could have kept the cost reduction as its special effect waaaaaay long ago instead of immobilizing targets.

i dunno if this is an oversight, but if you hit an enemy with EP and hit in aoe and proc concussed on them, if you cast it again, not only will they be hit by the original damage, they'll also be hit by the cleave, that seems insanely powerful.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

i dunno if this is an oversight, but if you hit an enemy with EP and hit in aoe and proc concussed on them, if you cast it again, not only will they be hit by the original damage, they'll also be hit by the cleave, that seems insanely powerful.

I was thinking like how Force Pulse can cleave to hit two additional targets. “Electrifying Pulse” would increase value so that it can now cleave a total of four additional targets.

Definitely strong but it wouldn’t let any one target be struck two times by one cast, at least how I thought of it.