The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS5 making buzzing sound with ps5 version of the game.

Medjai
Medjai
Soul Shriven
HI,

Yesterday I downloaded the ps5 free upgrade client and tried the game on performance mode. I was hearing a buzzing sound coming from my PS5. On the fidelity mode the sound is much worse.

Does any1 have this problem also?

I dont have any problems when I play ESO on the ps4 version....

Can i fix this? or do i need to RMA my ps5?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 22, 2021 7:06PM
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same for me, but this was also the same with destiny 2 ps5 upgrade. I think it comes from the cooler system?
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's normal. Your PS5 is perfectly fine.
  • Medjai
    Medjai
    Soul Shriven
    tommalmm wrote: »
    Yes, it's normal. Your PS5 is perfectly fine.

But why i dont hear this sound in other games?
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    Happens in some, doesn't in others. I'm yet to hear that in a PS4 game, but it happens a lot in PS5 games.
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    Some ps5’s can give off an audible hum, it’s coil whine. Not sure if this is what you have going on but it sure exists, I first noticed it playing Astro but I’ve either learned to tune it out over time or it got much quieter. If it’s really obnoxious you can reach out and see what your options are but it’s fairly common. As mentioned above I only really notice it in ps5 versions of games.
    Edited by RNGeeze on June 16, 2021 12:30PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Medjai

What type of sound setup are you using such as headphones or speakers?

We recommend to try changing to a different TV speaker or trying headphones to help determine whether the issue is with the PS5 itself.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably just coil whine. It's high amount of energy going through your GPU causing a vibration. Games that work the system more can cause coil whine.
    It's not a big deal.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on June 23, 2021 3:55PM