The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Attunable crafting stations choice advice

Carcharodontosaurus
I have a full set of attunable crafting stations but I have no idea what set to attune them? I have a close friend in game that did Julianos in his house, but I don't really want to copy him even if its a pretty popular set since I can actually just hop over to his house to craft anything I need of Julianos. So what are the other dlc crafted sets that are (A) useful, or (B) often crafted, or (C) exceedingly annoying or time consuming to find/reach when needed?

I'm not quite a full nine trait crafter but I will be soon as well, so the number of traits shouldn't be an issue either.
Edited by Carcharodontosaurus on June 22, 2021 6:13PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, the most annoying crafting stations to reach, and the first ones I did at my house, were the 3 sets that are crafted in Imperial City.

Granted, it is a little easier now that you port directly into IC, but when you had to queue for Cyrodiil, hope you had a castle near one of the sewer entrances, go into the sewer, take the ladder up, and then go to the crafting station, all while not getting killed by an enemy... yeah, they were a pain.

Other option would be the sets in the towns in Cyrodiil, since you need to have control of the town to use them, so you don't always have access to them.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunding's Rage is another good set that can be used extensively as is Clever Alchemist and New Moon Acolyte for PVP.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first thought was also Hundings Rage from a "usefulness" point of view, but it is really easy to access. The crafting station in Reaper's March is just north of the wayshrine.

For difficult to access, I'd agree that the PvP sets are the most challenging, though I'm not sure if any are in high demand by PvPers at the moment. There are also the Earth Forge sets, as you must go through a portal in the fighters guild after first doing those quests to access them. Or Morkuldin, which is both DLC and quest locked (though perhaps no longer, see the other thread).

For a mix of the two, the most popular DLC gated set is probably New Moon Acolyte (Southern Elsweyr), though I saw a wave of PvPers asking for Fortified Brass (Clockwork City) not too long ago, and people asking in zone for access to attunable crafting stations from Blackwood.

I guess, take that all as you will, it really depends on how you're planning to use it. If you're crafting sets for new players, maybe stick with Hundings or NMA. If you want ease of access for completing writs, start collecting attunable stations for PvP and quest locked areas. If you plan to open your house for friends and guildmates, perhaps one of the DLC or Chapter locked stations. Hope that helps :)
    PC NA
  • Carcharodontosaurus
    oterWitz wrote: »
    My first thought was also Hundings Rage from a "usefulness" point of view, but it is really easy to access. The crafting station in Reaper's March is just north of the wayshrine.

For difficult to access, I'd agree that the PvP sets are the most challenging, though I'm not sure if any are in high demand by PvPers at the moment. There are also the Earth Forge sets, as you must go through a portal in the fighters guild after first doing those quests to access them. Or Morkuldin, which is both DLC and quest locked (though perhaps no longer, see the other thread).

For a mix of the two, the most popular DLC gated set is probably New Moon Acolyte (Southern Elsweyr), though I saw a wave of PvPers asking for Fortified Brass (Clockwork City) not too long ago, and people asking in zone for access to attunable crafting stations from Blackwood.

I guess, take that all as you will, it really depends on how you're planning to use it. If you're crafting sets for new players, maybe stick with Hundings or NMA. If you want ease of access for completing writs, start collecting attunable stations for PvP and quest locked areas. If you plan to open your house for friends and guildmates, perhaps one of the DLC or Chapter locked stations. Hope that helps :)

I do writs infrequently enough that access isn't to much of an obstacle unless it was really inconvenient. So mainly crafting for guildmates/ new players /just want to have a crafting station to a cool and useful set kind of thing.

I usually have eso+ running so picking a dlc set for other people to use in my house seems like it could be a good idea.