The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help trying to purchase Kushalit home

rootkitronin
rootkitronin
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello - I'm trying to purchase this home, and sadly it's no longer available. I wasn't able to purchase it during May due to a security issue with my PayPal account (the method of payment I use to top up Crowns via Steam), in all honesty, I was really worried I was going to lose a bunch of money over the PayPal issue, so I wasn't keen on buying anything I didn't need.

Everything was resolved earlier last week, happily too I might add, so I contacted ZOS support to explain the situation and see if they could help me out and make an exception. After all, I would need to top-up my Crowns to purchase the item, which is always good for ZOS, and it had only been a couple weeks since it left the Crown store (June 3rd, I contacted them June 17th).

Given that the home probably wouldn't' be back for at least a year or more, I figured that since it had only been a couple weeks, as well as the value of the item, and my situation, they would be willing to help me out and make an exception.

They responded with: "If you had "just missed it" from the Crown Store sale, or if we knew why you had missed the house when it was available, we might be able to make an exception."

So, I explained everything to them, and the response I got was just a cold "no, unfortunately we can't make an exception" without showing any sort of empathy or understanding of my situation (not even acknowledging it), or showing any sort of customer value - being that ultimately I'm trying to put money into their product.

I was definitely a little taken aback by it, and it surprised me just how unwilling they were to help in this situation. Has anyone had similar experiences, is there anything further that could be done to help resolve this?

At this point, I'm just about ready to cancel my yearly subscription - just left a bad taste in my mouth. Regardless, just wanted to share, hopefully get some help, or at least bring the situation to people's attention. Thanks for reading!
Edited by rootkitronin on June 21, 2021 5:57PM
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I had a similar experience with a furnishing pack. They basically did the standard template and then a cold no. It sucks because I explained my situation and the agent just shut me down completely with no empathy.

It used to be the case that they would allow it freely but seems like now they just refuse when they are completely able to do it. I don't understand the concept, it's like they deliberately don't want to help. New management?
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand it either - a business model where they intentionally make 95% of their product unavailable for people to purchase, and expect their customers to wait years for a product to return... what happened to making hay while the sun shines? Just seems like a poor way to run a business.

Regardless, it's that lack of empathy from their support teams, and lack of any sort of willingness to help that does the most damage - prior to my current role, I've worked support and escalations for years and I would never handle situations like what I've seen from the support team, even when the answer was ultimately no.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CS reps probably aren't allowed to do what you want. The CS people don't make the rules, but they do have to abide by them. It sucks I know, believe me, been there. Their brusqueness is probably because they're flooded with tickets from all around the world and are very busy trying to get to them all as fast as they can.

That said, it seems silly to have limited time sales on houses. Many may want the house but can't spare the cash for crowns at the time but would buy it later as soon as they could spare the money. Taking the house off the market loses them cash in their pockets.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel for you... I'm *still* waiting for a chance to spend money on Tel Galen. Other than a month at launch, I started playing this game in April 2019 and it has not be available. I'm not even sure I still want it anymore. I could maybe understand things rotating throughout the year, but over two years without a return EVER? I don't get it...
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argh I'm sorry to hear that @NettleCarrier - that house has been on my radar for a while too, but at this point I have given up on it. I really thought they would bring it back for the Tribunal Event we had earlier this year - but nothing, was really surprised and disappointed with that.

ZOS - if any of you are reading here, things like this really hamper people's ability to get the most out of your product. For those who like sticking with themes, being creative, building up homes and décor, policies like these really stifle those creative outlets.

My current favorite toon is my Dunmer Ashlander, there aren't really any other homes that are fit for building any sort of an Ashlander camp (and I would build an epic one.. and yes, I do have the harbor house, but it's pretty finished and much too small) - I miss out on a very small window of opportunity due to serious concerns beyond my control, and just like that, I won't ever get the opportunity to realize that build.

Even if the home eventually comes back in one or two years, I will no longer be here - as with the direction my life is headed, a new career just on the horizon, moving to more remote areas, and family, I can't see myself putting time into ESO much beyond this year, if at all.

I've got one last summer to enjoy carefree gaming, and then time is going to be very limited. I honestly would have loved to spend this time decorating and building... as that brings me a ton of joy while playing ESO (it's like some weird grown-up version of Lego).

If anyone out there with the ZOS team can help, either through passing along feedback, or authorizing exceptions, it would be very much appreciated - thank you.

To all those here who voiced their support, experiences, and help shed light on the goings on and processes, thank you as well - nice to know we're not all on crazy pills.
    Edited by rootkitronin on June 22, 2021 5:49AM