The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Low Pop Bonus, can we have a look at it?

Marcus_Aurelius
Marcus_Aurelius
✭✭✭✭✭
I think these numbers are a tad too high and easy too exploit
2j9qzS6.png
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know, those of us on the AD side brought up concerns about the low-pop function repeatedly over the past few years when it was a different alliance deliberately misusing the low-pop system to huge benefit, and yet no one seemed to care. Interesting to see that now that AD has the bonus, other folks finally starting to speak up.

I've never liked the system. It doesn't actually help the alliance with the low population fight in any way; all it does is inflate the score gained to ridiculous proportions. And, as has been proven in the past, it can be, and often is, deliberately manipulated.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »
    You know, those of us on the AD side brought up concerns about the low-pop function repeatedly over the past few years when it was a different alliance deliberately misusing the low-pop system to huge benefit, and yet no one seemed to care.

I'd like to add that my remark is not because of AD. It's just that I've taken the image from my home campaign but I can imagine that in other campaigns another alliance could have it
    It's a general concern about this sytem that seems to be plainly broken.

• techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really it encourages gating the low pop faction. Or that is at least the only thing you can do to squash that score.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one major flaw in the low population bonus, which is that it does not even the field in any way. On the contrary, the highest pop faction gets all the fighting bonuses by capping the keeps, scrolls and the emperorhsip. We should take a look at those bonuses instead.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low pop bonus is for campaign score. And it does not only even the field but whith those numbers it totally falsify it.

Fighting bonuses are a total different thing

• Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low pop bonus is for campaign score. And it does not only even the field but whith those numbers it totally falsify it.

Fighting bonuses are a total different thing

I know they are 2 different things. One is to give a moral boost to fight in a uneven situation. The other one is to boost the stats of a faction that has the most players at that time.

They could even switch places. Give the least populated faction a boost to their stats to fight against the overwhelming force. They need it more.

The low pop bonus is bandage help because ZOS could not figure how to balance the factions. Looks like it really bothers only those who see their pvdoor victory being punished. Less roleplaying more fighting.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're missing an O in your subject line.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove it pls, or make it work right and reverse it to high population minus or something, so it would minimise nightcapping scores and such. Low pop could make a player earn more ap, but not extra points for the campaing score.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please show us the formula for how low population is calculated. ...or just do away with it all together. The system has never functioned correctly.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wish it would arrive faster, while the lowpop actually is going on. Instead of several hours after. ^^

It's even more ridicilous on a faction locked campaign. Because people from the faction with overwhelming numbers cant relog to 'even the odds' anyway even if they want to play with the lowpop bonus.
    EU | PC