The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need some class Help

Sirraven
Sirraven
Soul Shriven
Hello I'm thinking about rolling a DPS character for Blackwood I'm starting to get tried of Tanking but I ran into some issues when picking a class and I've narrowed it down to 3 between Dragon Knight, Necromancer and Night Blade which class is a good for stamina build and between 2h and Dual wield which one will be better in the long run and is it still medium armor heavy for Melee dps? or can I mix in some heavy armor as well?
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam necro is the strongest DD out of the three but can have sustain issues if not a in a group with synergies, or a Redguard, or using Dubious Camoran Throne. The whole tether and blastbones thing takes a while to get used to. It will feel clunky at first, but once you get the timing down its a fun class.

Stam DK has the easiest rotation but hits the lowest of the three. I played this as my main for years until converting it into a tank. Its not great or bad, which is kind of the problem with it, IMO. I found the Mag DK to be more fun.

Nightblades are my favorite class in the game. Unlike their magicka cousins, stamblades have suffered the last few years in PVE. I made mine into a werewolf about 6 months before Blackwood and it has consistently performed very well in PVE as a DD. Most difficult rotation out of the three, not truly suited for 2H, and takes a while for their skills to make sense if you haven't played a nightblade before. If you are going this route, I would recommend a Dark Elf for race as you can flip him to magicka if you end up not liking the stamblade.
    Edited by El_Borracho on June 21, 2021 10:19PM
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ That is a very good summary of the three classes in their stamina specs. For your question about 2h vs dw, 2h is stronger for solo play, while people seem to prefer dw in group settings. A bit of explanation to help you pick: 2h line gives you access to a shield, execute, and a source of major brutality. The shield makes it more desirable for solo play, but if the class you pick could benefit from the other abilities, you may want to go 2h. Dual wield has a spammable that's easy to weave, a source of major evasion (which is inferior to getting a straight up shield, hence is less used solo), and an option of ranged attacks. There are a lot of fights that you won't be able to take in melee, so having a ranged option is essential otherwise you're just standing around not contributing during those times. Personally, I train my stam characters in all three (2h, dw, AND bow) and swap between as needed.

Your armor question is much simpler, wearing all medium is best for group and solo play because of the boost it gives to your weapon damage. The slight boost to your tankiness and benefits of the Undaunted passive aren't usually worth it compared to more damage, especially when there are so many sets and abilities you can use to boost your survivablility and sustain these days.
    PC NA