The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invisible walls in Hammerdeath Bungalow

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
I was trying to build a second floor in Hammerdeath Bungalow, but it is impossible because of some invisible walls upstairs. If you try to build a stair, you cannot walk on it. Please @ZOS_GinaBruno remove the invisible walls that prevent building in the upper space of the houses... They have no sense at all !!!
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but they likely won't ever go back and change old houses like this. :disappointed: There have been a lot of requests over the years, for example to remove the invisible wall at the roof of Twin Arches, but they won't do it. The last time I remember them changing invisible walls, it was for the worse (lol), in Daggerfall Overlook and Earthtear Caverns...

If you want a small rectangular house with upper space potential, try Autumn's Gate :smile: I know it's not what you wanted, but maybe you can create your second-floor idea somewhere else (most other small houses have non-blocked-off space for a second floor).

Edit: Actually, found this forum thread and there is more info and detail about the upper storey space available in several houses! I'm sure it will be more useful to see examples! https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/380571/houses-you-can-build-up-in-without-hitting-invisible-walls-barriers
    Edited by bluebird on June 21, 2021 2:57PM
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I'm sorry but they likely won't ever go back and change old houses like this. :disappointed: There have been a lot of requests over the years, for example to remove the invisible wall at the roof of Twin Arches, but they won't do it. The last time I remember them changing invisible walls, it was for the worse (lol), in Daggerfall Overlook and Earthtear Caverns...

If you want a small rectangular house with upper space potential, try Autumn's Gate :smile: I know it's not what you wanted, but maybe you can create your second-floor idea somewhere else (most other small houses have non-blocked-off space for a second floor).

Edit: Actually, found this forum thread and there is more info and detail about the upper storey space available in several houses! I'm sure it will be more useful to see examples! https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/380571/houses-you-can-build-up-in-without-hitting-invisible-walls-barriers

Thanks Bluebird, I am not searching a house to build a second floor... I have decorated 24 houses and built a lot of floors anywhere. I just wanted to complain about this unbearable presence of useless invisible walls in the houses. They may never do anything about it, but if we stop complaining it's sure they will never do anything.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself