The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[BUG] Progress blocked on quest "Ripple Effect"

KayleeSeranada
Hello,

I've searched a bit on the web trying to find a fix or workaround to this bug, but have come up dry - which is peculiar, because this is a progress blocking bug on an early main story mission.

In the quest Ripple Effect, given in Glenumbra Moors, I'm getting to the quest prompt "Talk to the Spirit of Alana," at wgich point I'm given a marker down in the crypt, but the NPC isn't appearing. It should be noted here that I'm doing this as a Cadwell's Gold quest point. I think this is important because I have made a couple of DC characters with whom I've completed this quest line without problem.
I've abandoned the quest, rebooted my game/system, and am still running into this problem.

Are any other AD (or EP) people running into this bug? Or any more ideas on trouble shooting? I'm bummed that it looks like I won't be able to finish my Gold journal.

--Lilith.
  • KayleeSeranada
    Update: I just watched someone come down the stairs, talk to the NPC, and teleport via the Direnni armour without problem. So apparently this is just on my end?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could try abandoning the quest, logging off for 15 minutes to allow the area to reset, and then starting it again. Sometimes quest NPCs bug out for no apparent reason.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Almost_Emily
    This just happened to me, but all I did was log out/ log in without abandoning the quest (inside of the crypt) and Alana was there.

Sorry for the necro, but this is still bugged and I hadn't seen the simple fix yet.
  • denali913
    denali913
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry to necro again, but support sent me a generic message saying they cannot do anything here ..

By now I've abandoned and redone this quest 5 times including turning off addons, reloading and logoff. In the timespan of over a week. Alana is still not in the crypt to talk to me.What's the most frustrating, is that everyone else that comes into the crypt seems to be able to continue the quest.

I would be grateful for any other ideas on how I can complete this quest.
  • denali913
    denali913
    Soul Shriven
    Ok this is odd .. went to do some other quests. When I came by the area of the quest again I thought I'd have a look and there she was.

I even tried /stuck earlier which ported me out to a wayshrine and that didn't solve it.

So all is good.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to necro again again, but this bug has plagued me for over a month now. ZOS says they’ve sent my report to the developers, but looks like this bug has been around for years...

I’ve done these tips on this post and the load ZOS sent me, but it’s still not working. Does anyone else have any other ideas?
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Friend of mine is having this issue as well and I just noticed the thread as well. I posted the issue in bug reports
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    I just encountered the same bug. Alana is not appearing in the tomb.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They still haven’t fixed it. It’s been bugged for me for 3 months now :smile: Don’t wait for them to fix it
    Edited by WildRaptorX on June 7, 2021 4:59PM
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    I filed an in-game help request and tried all the boiler-plate instructions (except for abandoning the quest) that were offered in multiple responses. Most of the help responses requested additional information I already had given in my previous replies. None of the suggested fixes, most of which I already had tried, had any effect. Today when my character entered the tomb for the 4th day, Alana was there and I was able to complete the quest. The only factor that differed today was not having Mirri activated as a companion. After talking to Alana I was able to activate Mirri again and use her in the rest of the quest.
    As most of the posts in this thread predate the Blackwood release, some other bug must be involved.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @c363b Question, are you on PC and do you have addons? If so, was one of the boiler-plate instructions you tried disabling all of them before closing the game and restarting?
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »
    @c363b Question, are you on PC and do you have addons? If so, was one of the boiler-plate instructions you tried disabling all of them before closing the game and restarting?

Yes and yes. Another was doing a repair from the launcher.
  • pete_gb_ESO
    pete_gb_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem.
    Makes no difference if I abandon/redo the quest or logoff/logon.
    No addons and no companion.
  • fe99
    fe99
    Soul Shriven
    I ran into this bug today. I had companion Mirri active. I logged out for about 15 minutes (maybe more) while still inside the crypt. Still no Alana upon logging back in. I dismissed Mirri and Alana immediately appeared. Coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it.
  • kilroy5250
    kilroy5250
    ✭✭
    This happened to me also. Based upon @fe99 experience I dismissed Mirri and Alana immediately appeared.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU! I had tythis following me and restarted the quest! She finally spawned after 3 months! Such an odd glitch
  • Nemo78
    Nemo78
    ✭✭✭
    fe99 wrote: »
    I ran into this bug today. I had companion Mirri active. I logged out for about 15 minutes (maybe more) while still inside the crypt. Still no Alana upon logging back in. I dismissed Mirri and Alana immediately appeared. Coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it.

THIS!
    Thank you!
  • Sililos
    Sililos
    ✭✭✭
    Dismissed Mirri too and it fixed it. Thanks

Get a fix out for this please. Stop slacking on the bug fixes.
  • jerdon01
    jerdon01
    Soul Shriven
    This may not help everyone but I went out of tomb and dropped the companion. Went back into the tomb and she was there. Did not have relog or anything.