The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO removed my game from the account (Blackwood) !?

fooboo
fooboo
Soul Shriven
New player, so I got the Blackwood Collection (not upgrade, but base game + all chapters) and thought I also get myself esoplus, which I did.

Got the code off Gamivo, checked out fine, played for 2-3 days and then suddenly my login stops working. Obviously worked through a dozen reasons (wrong pass? wrong account name in the client? used a vpn if its my provider... removed all addons, changed permissions, yadda yadda,...). After some time I realize my account has no subscription anymore, either esoplus nor does a game show up. I check the billing history and it shows REFUNDED, but to whom? I contact the game code seller and they don't have a refund in their system. I saw another identical case on here a few hours ago, so its not even a singular incident. But its closed, otherwise I would have commented in there. How does ESO start deleting games from users!?

Opened a support ticket two days ago, no reaction, so I - probably dumb by me - bought another game code for Blackwood and play on that one now. So now I paid twice. Of course the esoplus kept ticking away for those days where I was without a game by no fault of my own, but thats the least problematic part of this.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you buy keys from the grey market they can have problems, like account being suspended.
    If you are looking for a cheap place to buy the game then here https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store base game is on sale for 8 euro, and right now there is a free ESO plus event, so you will get all DLC (except blackwood) for free.
  • fooboo
    fooboo
    Soul Shriven
    ixthUA wrote: »
    If you buy keys from the grey market they can have problems, like account being suspended.
    If you are looking for a cheap place to buy the game then here https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store base game is on sale for 8 euro, and right now there is a free ESO plus event, so you will get all DLC (except blackwood) for free.

Why would it be a problem after 2-3 days though?

I understand that you can run into a scammer who sells you a wrong code, or sells the same code multiple times, but I already redeemed the code on the ESO website, and then this code will never be redeemable again. It wasnt pretty cheap either tbh.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not how grey markets work. Whatever their sources of keys are, they are unofficial and ESO management may investigate. Or it was bough with a stolen credit card info (if you used credit card for purchase you provided them enough info to use it without you) and the card owner requested funds back.
  • fooboo
    fooboo
    Soul Shriven
    ixthUA wrote: »
    That's not how grey markets work. Whatever their sources of keys are, they are unofficial and ESO management may investigate. Or it was bough with a stolen credit card info (if you used credit card for purchase you provided them enough info to use it without you) and the card owner requested funds back.

I used a large market place and the trader had like 99% positive rating on hundred thousand transactions, it wasn't some guy off ebay with a name like 42w8gfjhqof2 and no reviews. Those large sellers are usually authorized distributors and ESO / ZOS are leveraging their additional reach/markets/channels to get more people involved in a 7-8 year old MMO.

And if your "stolen credit card" scenario was the case, I would expect at least an email to tell me why this happened, so I could change my game code source, which would make sense to mitigate it in the long run.

I think more than anything I am frustrated with this happening without any communication and having to figure out things on your own as a new player is quite tedious, in my case, also pricey.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @fooboo

Do you have your support ticket number?

We can check on the ticket status to see what is happening.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • fooboo
    fooboo
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @fooboo

Do you have your support ticket number?

We can check on the ticket status to see what is happening.

Sure, but there is only my own updates in the ticket on what I have done to elimitate reasons on my end (when I still thought it was technical, not a billing/account issue): 210615-001280
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @fooboo

Thank you for the ticket number. I've sent you a PM regarding the ticket's current status.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • fooboo
    fooboo
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, so if anyone stumbles across something like this via google or forum search, here is the gist of it:

- you wait 3-5 days for an answer via support ticket
    - you barely get any information
    - ESO/ZOS take the stance that you carry all risk of purchasing game keys

Save yourself the time of opening a support ticket and either follow ixthUA advice up top or find a different game, as will I.