The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can you solo random, normal dungeon?

briano42
briano42
✭✭
I want the transmute crystal reward for random normal dungeon, but I don’t want to group up with 3 other players.
Is there a way to ‘get in the queue’ but then enter the dungeon as a solo?
Edited by briano42 on February 6, 2021 2:19PM

Best Answer

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    briano42 wrote: »
    I want the transmute crystal reward for random normal dungeon, but I don’t want to group up with 3 other players.

Yes, the same way you create a guild bank for yourself. Wait until ESO is on sale, by 3 more copies in your case, 9 more if you also want a guild bank. Then get 1 char on each account to level 10 and group up for a random normal dungeon with them. Haven't tried it, but seems like it would work fine, with the added benefit of almost always getting FG1 as your dungeon.
    Answer ✓
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I don't think so. The whole point of this reward is to reward grouping.

Would be nice if they did offer some other means of acquiring transmute stones though, and I don't mean PvP.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. The reward is for playing with others and meant to incentivize payers to fill in in a random group lacking a full four members. If you don't want to play with others then you don't get the reward for playing with others.
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »
    No. The reward is for playing with others and meant to incentivize payers to fill in in a random group lacking a full four members. If you don't want to play with others then you don't get the reward for playing with others.

They aren’t my parents or my therapist. It’s not up to them to guide my behavior. But I read online that random dungeons award more crystals than other content, even harder content.
    They are a producer selling a product. I would accept it if group random dungeons increased revenue. But I don’t see how incentivizing PUGs improves their business case.
    I guess I have the option to cancel my ESO plus subscription if I get too annoyed.
    Edited by briano42 on February 6, 2021 5:56PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They aren’t my parents or my therapist. It’s not up to them to guide my behavior. But I read online that random dungeons award more crystals than other content, even harder content.
    They are a producer selling a product. I would accept it if group random dungeons increased revenue. But I don’t see how incentivizing PUGs improves their business case.
    I guess I have the option to cancel my ESO plus subscription if I get too annoyed.

You could always design and produce your own game.
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

You could always design and produce your own game.

Nah...It’s not my skill set. The simpler solution is to pick up any of the many other games available on the market. Or better yet, complain in a forum and see Zos tweak the system to give equal rewards for group vs solo play.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an mmo.
    If you want 10 crystals for doing a random then do the random, if grouping means "babysitting" to you, you can get your crystals in pvp or go solo vet dailies.
    [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 8, 2021 7:28PM
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well sort of. I don't want to say how in the forum but it's been done in the past.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're not "guiding your behavior" for your benefit (like a therapist might), they're doing it so that all of the other players have random people to fill out their groups. An MMO where it's too difficult to find a group for your preferred content is an MMO a lot of people won't bother playing. The rewards are essentially an incentive to help make the game more fun for others, and ultimately drive up ESO Plus and Crown Store purchases (in other words, marketing). Soloing doesn't accomplish any of that.
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    This is an mmo.
    If you want 10 crystals for doing a random then do the random, if grouping means "babysitting" to you, you can get your crystals in pvp or go solo vet dailies.
    [snip]

You misunderstand where I’m coming from.
    I’m not opposed to social interaction. I’ve done randoms and enjoy groups sometimes. But I’m looking for a work around when all I’m doing is grinding for crystals.
    By ‘they’ I mean Zos, not other players. They are selling a product here that should appeal to as many customers as possible.
    And I lashed out because when I asked a straightforward Ui mechanics question [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on February 8, 2021 7:31PM
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭

They're not "guiding your behavior" for your benefit (like a therapist might), they're doing it so that all of the other players have random people to fill out their groups. An MMO where it's too difficult to find a group for your preferred content is an MMO a lot of people won't bother playing. The rewards are essentially an incentive to help make the game more fun for others, and ultimately drive up ESO Plus and Crown Store purchases (in other words, marketing). Soloing doesn't accomplish any of that.

Thank you for the rational reply.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No they're a business "paying" you to do a specific job, namely playing group content as a group. You can circumvent the random element by bringing your own group, but group dungeons are meant to be group content. You don't want to play that way? Fine. But then you don't get "payed" either.
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭
    No they're a business "paying" you to do a specific job, namely playing group content as a group. You can circumvent the random element by bringing your own group, but group dungeons are meant to be group content. You don't want to play that way? Fine. But then you don't get "payed" either.

Ok. We’ll just leave this comment up on the wall for posterity
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to get a grasp on your logic.

Here in the states we have carpool lanes, a lane specifically designed for carpooling, to incentivize commuters to share rides together. These lanes often times move twice as fast as normal lanes, saving users tons of times.

However, often times, er many times solo commuters try to use these lanes and are fined hundreds of dollars for it, because it wasn't designed to reward solo drivers.

I bring this up because you, the solo driver are upset that Zos has created a lane to reward grouping, yet you feel entitled to demand the same reward as a soloist?

Am I reading your post correctly?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »

Here in the states we have carpool lanes, a lane specifically designed for carpooling, to incentivize commuters to share rides together. These lanes often times move twice as fast as normal lanes, saving users tons of times.

However, often times, er many times solo commuters try to use these lanes and are fined hundreds of dollars for it, because it wasn't designed to reward solo drivers.

I bring this up because you, the solo driver are upset that Zos has created a lane to reward grouping, yet you feel entitled to demand the same reward as a soloist?

You’re drifting off the topic of the post, but I’ll try to address your points...

Carpool lanes serve a benefit to the whole community. Fewer cars means less pollution and improved quality of life for all. Grouping in ESO does not provide a community benefit that I see. The server load is not reduced. The game doesn’t run better because there’s a group of 4. As skwex mentioned it may help players that need groups to complete normal dungeons, but that is not comparable to fewer cars on the road.

I don’t feel entitled to the reward. But since Zos is a ‘for profit’ entity they should be aware that they’ve prioritized struggling lower level players over capable higher level players. It may be that that is their intention. Lower level players are more likely to not have ESO plus and could be upsold.
    But either way, my OP was just asking if there was a workaround, not that I expect it.
    My comments to redmuse and jaws are replies to trollish comments, not embellishments on my OP.

I game on the weekend, but I log on thru the week before work to get the daily reward and currently I do the Cyrodil/ IC quests to get event tickets. That’s not conducive to doing a RND. If I could solo a RND I could earn 10 crystals per day. As Zos has it set up I’m lucky to get 10-20 per week.
    That discrepancy is reason enough to ask the forum if there’s a workaround.
    Edited by briano42 on February 8, 2021 5:27PM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deactivate ESO+, and thereby remove the more complex DLC dungeons...

Can we talk about a button to filter out DLC dungeons for the daily normal for those with ESO+?!?!??
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re drifting off the topic of the post, but I’ll try to address your points...

Carpool lanes serve a benefit to the whole community. Fewer cars means less pollution and improved quality of life for all. Grouping in ESO does not provide a community benefit that I see. The server load is not reduced. The game doesn’t run better because there’s a group of 4. As skwex mentioned it may help players that need groups to complete normal dungeons, but that is not comparable to fewer cars on the road.

I don’t feel entitled to the reward. But since Zos is a ‘for profit’ entity they should be aware that they’ve prioritized struggling lower level players over capable higher level players. It may be that that is their intention. Lower level players are more likely to not have ESO plus and could be upsold.
    But either way, my OP was just asking if there was a workaround, not that I expect it.
    My comments to redmuse and jaws are replies to trollish comments, not embellishments on my OP.

I game on the weekend, but I log on thru the week before work to get the daily reward and currently I do the Cyrodil/ IC quests to get event tickets. That’s not conducive to doing a RND. If I could solo a RND I could earn 10 crystals per day. As Zos has it set up I’m lucky to get 10-20 per week.
    That discrepancy is reason enough to ask the forum if there’s a workaround.

Ok I get it, you don't see the ability for solo players to quickly form a random group, nor running a single dungeon vs 4 to lessen the load on the servers as a benefit to the players. Gotcha.

The rest sounds like the solo commuters I come across who always feel they have a valid reason as well for receiving the same perks as carpools, no offense! That's not to say I don't understand your reasoning as I sincerely do.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the option to recreate sets and the increase of max transmute stones I think there should be more ways to obtain them.

Maybe the standard reward for completing a dungeon on normal/veteran should reward 1/2 transmute stones, with or without group. Or daily quests could have a chance to reward a transmute stone.

I have returned after not paying a while so I might have missed new ways to obtain transmute stones in PVE, its still only the daily pledges and one trail each week, right?
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭

Ok I get it, you don't see the ability for solo players to quickly form a random group, nor running a single dungeon vs 4 to lessen the load on the servers as a benefit to the players. Gotcha.

The rest sounds like the solo commuters I come across who always feel they have a valid reason as well for receiving the same perks as carpools, no offense! That's not to say I don't understand your reasoning as I sincerely do.

Your point is not clear. It seems like you’re trying to shame me, which is offensive, but you say ‘no offense’.

I’ve already undermined your carpool analogy. Me running solo does not have the same effect on Tamriel as an extra car on the freeway that shouldn’t be there affects real life. You’ll have to support your analogy with logic rather than just you feel like it applies

You’re putting words in my mouth. I did not say I didn’t appreciate the value of group dungeons. But for the topic of this post that value is unrelated to me grinding for crystals

And are you suggesting that 4 players in a group is significantly less server load than 4 players in separate dungeons? You’ll have to cite some technical knowledge to support that.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your point is not clear. It seems like you’re trying to shame me, which is offensive, but you say ‘no offense’.

I’ve already undermined your carpool analogy. Me running solo does not have the same effect on Tamriel as an extra car on the freeway that shouldn’t be there affects real life. You’ll have to support your analogy with logic rather than just you feel like it applies

You’re putting words in my mouth. I did not say I didn’t appreciate the value of group dungeons. But for the topic of this post that value is unrelated to me grinding for crystals

And are you suggesting that 4 players in a group is significantly less server load than 4 players in separate dungeons? You’ll have to cite some technical knowledge to support that.

I most certainly am not putting words in your mouth. You clearly state you don't see value nor do you believe grouping lightens the servers, it's in your second dang on paragraph I responded to, hell it's the very reason I responded at all lol.

"Grouping in ESO does not provide a community benefit that I see. The server load is not reduced. The game doesn't run better because there's a group of 4."

Didn't you just post this? Yet ask me to provide support for believing the opposite?

Well alrighty then, I see how this is going to play out, make claims and provide zero data yet ask for data on counterclaims, another post or two focusing on a bad analogy and explaining why tearing down a bad analogy somehow makes your position valid. It's doesn't. So we'll keep it solely focused to eliminate any deflection.

You want perks you are not entitled to. Your reasoning for wanting said perks without doing the required actions is irrelevant. Hope that's clear enough for you to no longer focus on undermining a bad analogy lol.
    Edited by Sevn on February 9, 2021 4:39PM
    -Hemingway
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭

I most certainly am not putting words in your mouth. You clearly state you don't see value nor do you believe grouping lightens the servers, it's in your second dang on paragraph I responded to, hell it's the very reason I responded at all lol.

"Grouping in ESO does not provide a community benefit that I see. The server load is not reduced. The game doesn't run better because there's a group of 4."

Didn't you just post this? Yet ask me to provide support for believing the opposite?

Well alrighty then, I see how this is going to play out, make claims and provide zero data yet ask for data on counterclaims, another post or two focusing on a bad analogy and explaining why tearing down a bad analogy somehow makes your position valid. It's doesn't. So we'll keep it solely focused to eliminate any deflection.

You want perks you are not entitled to. Your reasoning for wanting said perks without doing the required actions is irrelevant. Hope that's clear enough for you to no longer focus on undermining a bad analogy lol.

Your comment “you don't see the ability for solo players to quickly form a random group” is putting words in my mouth. I’ve made no comment on that topic.

Your opinion “running a single dungeon vs 4 to lessen the load on the servers” is no more valid than my opinion that it doesn’t lessen the server load. We can leave that as undecided till Zos weighs in

I’m happy to quit discussing your bad analogy

The reward is for completing the dungeon, work I’m happy to do. There are just times it would be better for me to do it without grouping..

Which brings us down to the real point of this long winded discussion and the only reason I’m still engaged. I don’t need 4 trollish cyber bullies to gang up and attack me for wanting to play solo. If you don’t have a good answer to my question you don’t have to reply.
    Edited by briano42 on February 9, 2021 9:52PM
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your comment “you don't see the ability for solo players to quickly form a random group” is putting words in my mouth. I’ve made no comment on that topic.

Your opinion “running a single dungeon vs 4 to lessen the load on the servers” is no more valid than my opinion that it doesn’t lessen the server load. We can leave that as undecided till Zos weighs in

I’m happy to quit discussing your bad analogy

The reward is for completing the dungeon, work I’m happy to do. There are just times it would be better for me to do it without grouping..

Which brings us down to the real point of this long winded discussion and the only reason I’m still engaged. I don’t need 4 trollish cyber bullies to gang up and attack me for wanting to play solo. If you don’t have a good answer to my question you don’t have to reply.

The answer is no, there is no way to get the random group reward meant to reward/incentivizes players to use the group finder running a dungeon solo. It is NOT a reward for simply running a dungeon. It is a reward for running a random dungeon with a random group. Period.

What I found peculiar was your response of, " I can always cancel my sub because I can't get rewards not meant for me!" and the rant that preceded it, which invited trollish responses in kind, but of course that's just my perception.

Good day sir.
    Edited by Sevn on February 10, 2021 5:07AM
    -Hemingway
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭

The answer is no, there is no way to get the random group reward meant to reward/incentivizes players to use the group finder running a dungeon solo. It is NOT a reward for simply running a dungeon. It is a reward for running a random dungeon with a random group. Period.

What I found peculiar was your response of, " I can always cancel my sub because I can't get rewards not meant for me!" and the rant that preceded it, which invited trollish responses in kind, but of course that's just my perception.

Good day sir.

I know the answer is no. That’s been evident from the civil responses I’ve received.

The rant was initiated as a response [snip]

[edited for naming-and-shaming/baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on February 10, 2021 2:20PM
  • DonGodJoe
    DonGodJoe
    ✭✭✭
    This
    Yes, this is what i want, solo queue dungeon rewards as solo player..
    8 out of 10 daily dungeon runs i do end up with me doing 80% of the whole dungeon damage and rest just takes free ride

sometimes they poke group ults or synergies /clap

This game has many things to be soloable if you dont count Trials. When i heard companions are coming to the game the only idea that came up to me was solo dungeon rewards? Perhaps, otherwise i dont see any point of them but this is what we could get
    Just use procs. Simple. No brain is required.
  • DonGodJoe
    DonGodJoe
    ✭✭✭
    deactivate ESO+, and thereby remove the more complex DLC dungeons...

Can we talk about a button to filter out DLC dungeons for the daily normal for those with ESO+?!?!??

Filter out doesnt not grant you reward of "random dungeon reward" there would be people abusing this way just selecting fungal grotto for example and spamming it every 4 minutes to farm/grant the reward.

Filter it out would make it more specify dungeon selection which is already involved in game.

Get a mate without eso+ would solve your issue
    Just use procs. Simple. No brain is required.
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to resurrect and old'ish post but the OP here is right, i would love to be able to do Random Normal's on my own. Yes it's designed to encourage grouping but why would anyone want to sit for ages waiting for a group to form that more often than not gets disbanded anyway when you can solo it in 20 mins and be done with it.

Maybe just add an option "wait for group" or "enter solo"
    Edited by BazOfWar on June 19, 2021 6:34AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's wrong with other players? It'll make your run go much smoother and faster, so I don't really see the problem.