The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone else just sick of it..?

Dominion_Nightblade
Getting bombed everywhere your group goes...? Lol it was funny at first, but it gets old after a while..😓 9k soultether, 6k sap essence, 12k proxy all in the same second and if that dont get you the VD will.. Really nothing you can do about it besides laugh it off. But laughing it off gets old after a while. We get bombed if we stack and if we spread we get wiped by not stacking heals and dps. I'm just hoping people get bored of their bombers lol because there are at least 5+ bombers everywhere we go atm...😥 I dont see any counters besides maybe giving up dps to stack health.. it is definitely making cyrodiil ulti dump style small scale less fun..
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er...no, I can't say I get tired of it exactly. But then, my preferred playstyle is the sort of large group, organized raid, capture the objective, stand on the flag, repair the walls and doors type of gameplay that bombers target. Everywhere we went, we expected to be a target.

It's pretty much a necessary hazard of large group play to keep us on our toes and watching out for the good bombers.

Hold block when standing around, use detect pots, and don't be squishy.
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    Lol yea I'm sure it's hard for a bomber to kill a whole zerg. The ones that don't get hit can just rez you. But my playstyle is different. I dont have fun zerging anymore and just running through doors. I run with a grp of 8max and just farm at a RSS or get inside a keep to farm on the walls. And if we stack we all get hit at once. I know bombers enjoy their playstyle. I'm hoping most will get bored and go back to actually fighting or pvping again like no procs was.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spread out and block? Run Magelight? Alternate use of detect pots when you’re stacked up? I don’t even remember the last time I died to a bomber, even when I was still in pvp daily.
    Edited by Reverb on June 11, 2021 8:37PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    Reverb wrote: »
    Spread out and block? Run Magelight? Alternate use of detect pots when you’re stacked up? I don’t even remember the last time I died to a bomber, even when I was still in pvp daily.

Then you probably have not been in cyrodiil lately or you just talk in zone at base, or maybe you are actually solo all the time and dont ever zergsurf.. These bombers are everywhere lately. Magelight is not a good counter at all because by the time it goes off they are already in your group bombing lol.. maybe we will try to alternate detect pots, see how that goes.

Edit: and I've already explained the spread tactic, did you actually read my post or just the first sentence?lol
    Edited by Dominion_Nightblade on June 11, 2021 8:45PM
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol yea I'm sure it's hard for a bomber to kill a whole zerg. The ones that don't get hit can just rez you. But my playstyle is different. I dont have fun zerging anymore and just running through doors. I run with a grp of 8max and just farm at a RSS or get inside a keep to farm on the walls. And if we stack we all get hit at once. I know bombers enjoy their playstyle. I'm hoping most will get bored and go back to actually fighting or pvping again like no procs was.

Not trying to sound smart but are you spreading far enough? Standing on the edge of a siege is good enough. Then you block and have you're healers stand on the sides and heal. My group has tanked several bombs lately like this.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you play in groups, it's simple. Build for high health and high resistance. Have everyone do cross healing. The group in general will do the damage. Done
  • Dominion_Nightblade

Not trying to sound smart but are you spreading far enough? Standing on the edge of a siege is good enough. Then you block and have you're healers stand on the sides and heal. My group has tanked several bombs lately like this.

I dont see how that is trying to sound smart sir. We have 1 dedicated healer and sometimes I will say spread and we dont get bombed. But because we spread we get wiped by the 15+ dc or ep trying to get the RSS back. And if we ball up again we get bombed. I think with no procs just ending everyone is excited to bomb again. And just hoping it will die down and go back to maybe 1 or 2 bombers per farm.
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    If you play in groups, it's simple. Build for high health and high resistance. Have everyone do cross healing. The group in general will do the damage. Done

That just might be the route we have to take.. but no more stopping farms for 1v1's and we will be completely reliant on our entire group. I just want to be able to go out in cyrodiil with friends without getting bombed so many times everywhere we go...lol
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont see how that is trying to sound smart sir. We have 1 dedicated healer and sometimes I will say spread and we dont get bombed. But because we spread we get wiped by the 15+ dc or ep trying to get the RSS back. And if we ball up again we get bombed. I think with no procs just ending everyone is excited to bomb again. And just hoping it will die down and go back to maybe 1 or 2 bombers per farm.

While you can laugh off my example as zerging, I was actually talking about playing with an organized guild.

It seems to me that you are trying to do too much at once for a small-scale style group. Small scale fights are inherently limited by the ability of individual players to fight on their own, and so that effects how many players you can fight before you get overwhelmed by sheer numbers or incoming damage, which is exactly what you describe happening.

If you want to fight outnumbered vs enemy groups twice your size or more, yeah, you want to stick together where you can pool your damage and healing. This leaves you vulnerable to bombers, which is working as intended. Bombers are a natural counter to groups of all sizes, and a resurgence in their numbers is to be expected now that Proc sets are back.

If you want to fight outnumbered while being less vulnerable to bombers, then you need to take a page from the more successful ball groups. You have one dedicated healer, sure, but you also need to be stacking cross heals, buffs, and supporting gear on each other, especially when you know that bombers are targeting you.

Honestly, the sort of farming at keeps that you describe is something that ball groups do very successfully. If you are having problems with bombers, I'd look towards the good ball groups on your campaign to figure out where you should improve.
  • Dominion_Nightblade

While you can laugh off my example as zerging, I was actually talking about playing with an organized guild.

It seems to me that you are trying to do too much at once for a small-scale style group. Small scale fights are inherently limited by the ability of individual players to fight on their own, and so that effects how many players you can fight before you get overwhelmed by sheer numbers or incoming damage, which is exactly what you describe happening.

If you want to fight outnumbered vs enemy groups twice your size or more, yeah, you want to stick together where you can pool your damage and healing. This leaves you vulnerable to bombers, which is working as intended. Bombers are a natural counter to groups of all sizes, and a resurgence in their numbers is to be expected now that Proc sets are back.

If you want to fight outnumbered while being less vulnerable to bombers, then you need to take a page from the more successful ball groups. You have one dedicated healer, sure, but you also need to be stacking cross heals, buffs, and supporting gear on each other, especially when you know that bombers are targeting you.

Honestly, the sort of farming at keeps that you describe is something that ball groups do very successfully. If you are having problems with bombers, I'd look towards the good ball groups on your campaign to figure out where you should improve.

Yea I used to play in many organized guild groups and all we did was zerg keeps.

I do understand that it's working as intended for bombers to counter my ulti dump style small scale. All I'm trying to say is there is sooo many of them lately..

I think the ball groups with staves, cross healing, synergy bombs, negates, etc.. will always be more successful then a small group running 1vx builds xvxing and ulti dumping at a rss. So I understand my playstyle is not BiS per say. So those ball groups will always be more successful. It's just all the many many bombers lately is making my play style no fun and not viable.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

One dedicated healer for how many in group? Do you have the rest of the group maintaining RR/Echoing vigor?

Edit: if there aren’t any lower health pugs around then you might need to bump up group max health numbers and require everyone be at a certain minimum.
    Edited by Kartalin on June 11, 2021 11:46PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People still go into Cyrodiil? I check out the golden vendor and that's it.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭
    The bombers are unnecessary because they take out ball groups. They put so much emphasis on trying to take out bombers now the that ball groups run rampant.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bombs are very strong right now. I love/hate them, and have fun doing it myself sometimes.
    I will say that the tools like Magelight and Camo Hunter and Flare are all pretty lacking and poorly implemented.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit sick of the ongoing stam meta too..the spin to wins...the buggy Dizzying swings and execute that desynch the crap out of you...in a whole, no..it's not a pleasant experience so far (this patch).

Please play your game producers!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my old instincts of holding block while on points and around people have very quickly come back to me. In fact whenever I feel like too many allies are around me, and I hold block, it's almost guaranteed a Nightblade bomber to come out of nowhere, drop an ult, and kill everyone.... but me. But I'm squishy I should be dead, right? No, I socially distance and don't like being around people in ESO lol. Never did, and the bombers always target the densest groups they can because all it takes is one weak link to start the Vicious Death chain.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bombers are a necessary part of the Cyrodiil food-chain, they're like Hyenas or something.

I play in a ball group and am thus subject to frequent bombing attempts - sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Certainly, we have to take extra precautions now that the recent balance changes have empowered bombers.

However, when you die to a skillful bomber (and if you play for long enough then you'll know who they are) it's best to simply tip your metaphorical cap to them. And when you instead CC and kill them before their bomb goes off... feel free to whisper or emote to them about their ignominious failure.
  • HanStolo
    HanStolo
    ✭✭✭
    Full health 27K, nobody else around. Bomb goes off, one shot dead. Recap was Vicious Death 8K. Swallow Soul 4K. Working as intended.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HanStolo wrote: »
    Full health 27K, nobody else around. Bomb goes off, one shot dead. Recap was Vicious Death 8K. Swallow Soul 4K. Working as intended.

Vicious Death went off because your pet died first lol
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    HanStolo wrote: »

Vicious Death went off because your pet died first lol

No. Vicious death is going off from NPCs, but even without any target besides yourself dying. It's bugged and it's well-known by the "pros" how to exploit that bug by now.

Just wait until Midyear Mayhem if it's not patched then...Gonna be full of mayhem indeed...