The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Recently got back again (Looking for people) [PC/EU]

HunterTheCapricorn
Made a similar post on Steam before but decided to ask here as well since there are some people harassing me currently.

I initially got it in March (I believe) during one of the sales on Steam because there was always an interest I had for the game but I was never sure if I should get it or not. Also I'm very into the lore and world of TES games so it got me curious even more. All that aside from the fact that I became bored of gw2 as a vet who has been playing it for years and the immense lack of content the game has to offer for 7 year veterans if you don't actively raid (which I did but that was long long ago).
So, I played a bit back then, found everything quite interesting, but at some point dropped out and took a break for like several months and became inactive. I only logged in daily to grab the rewards, sadly. And just now as of recentIy found myself becoming active again and actually played for several hours each day over the last 2 weekends and leveled my two characters (a khajiit warden and an argonian dragonknight) I currently have to max (Leveling seems so slow even with scrolls and only focusing on main quests if you don't have a subscription compared to some other games) so that I could unlock champion rank (currently at CP170~) to not look completely helpless.
One thing that I have noticed at first is that the world looks beautiful and I'm amazed that you get so much stuff even without DLCs and/or expansions (will think about maybe getting that once it's possible for me). Also I like to add that the game seems to surprisingly good even on the highest settings (usually around 80fps to 100) and no matter the population compared to gw2 (which is becoming more and more unstable with each update but that's something everyone is talking about and a problem of the engine being overloaded and totally out of date. But we aren’t here to talk about that game.).

Well, I still need to figure out some of the stuff still (like how to acquire the right crafting recipes to match endgame gear) but I'm eager to find out things for myself.
I'm a very shy and anxious kind of guy who usually does stuff on his own and gets nervous when others are around in fear of them being rude. (I heard from others that the community is extremely unfriendly but I'm not sure because others say the opposite) I also don't talk at all or very rarely or only when I’m panicking so I think trading will be a problem and I don't even know how prices are listed (found some stuff from the event that I already have and that is sold by others through the chat so I assume there's no trading post or somesuch) and I need to leave group bosses out of map completion as well because of that allthough I soloed a few of these and a few group dungeons as well. Overall I tend to do things on my own and I don't need help at all but I thought about maybe asking around if there's someone here interested in adventuring together. Someone focused on the same things like the roleplaying and exploring aspect rather than the hardcore one of the game.

I know I could ask for a guild but my experiences with guilds have always been bad and I never stayed in one for a long time (except those that became inactive) and I’m known to have been into every sort of them. My experiences go from stuff like where people were offered help but were told to go search the internet instead to stuff like the climate becoming very toxic to stuff like bullying and even to one guild that blackmailed their members for gold. Those are only a few examples of the bad but despite all the bad things there were also good experiences but sadly all the nice and friendly guilds are those that became inactive for years. I might add also that I’m very shy when it comes to stuff like discord or teamspeak and it might take me a while due to events in the past regarding voice chats where people have been making fun of me and harassing me only because my voice didn’t sound like either male or grown up. I’ve gotten some pretty transphobic and homophobic insults there that I don’t want to repeat and that’s why my trust is not easily given these days because I’m still insecure about those things.
Because of those experiences I’d like to be careful with guilds, especially if I don’t know the community well. And even if I’d search for one I’d rather be looking for a LGBTQ friendly guild due to some of my background.

Anyways I’m rather a kind of roleplayer (even if I never actually did RP) who likes to immerse myself within the world of a game and someone who enjoys the lore. I’d like to take things slowly and I also have a backstory and headcanons for every character (that goes for any game actually). I’m not new but I’m also not a veteran so I could use a few advices.
So if there’s anyone of the same kind like me who wants to accompany me please feel free to drop by.

(Sorry if this got messy. I don't usually make posts and English isn’t my mother tongue since I’m from Germany but I prefer to be around English speaking communities)

EDIT: Before I completely forget it. My account details for contacting are @ HunterTheCapricorn
Edited by HunterTheCapricorn on November 13, 2019 2:26AM
I'm Hunter|he/him|character page is in progress and will be coming soon
  • HunterTheCapricorn
    Update: This is still relevant so I think it's okay to give it a push as I always appreciate the company I'm seeking. I might have gotten inactive again for a couple of weeks but I'm trying to be active again for the current event to get the last two feathers for the Indrik mount together. (Or the last one feather as I have 9/12 tickets at the moment and next reset will get me to 11/12 after doing the daily quest) Yes, I know you get 3 tickets from any boss but they don't seem to drop for me around that time because of a 24 hour timer as far as I've heard and I messed up my routine once.
    Anyways feel free to stop by.
  • The_Tarantian
    The_Tarantian
    ✭✭✭
    Could you state your approximate play time? I am in very similar situation myself, and usually it is the difference in time zones that gets on the way.
    Erin Go Bragh, Erin go Braugh !
    It's Irish for "you're ***".
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they harass you for posting a giant wall of text?
  • HunterTheCapricorn
    My apologies for the delay on the reply. I ran into some trouble related to logging into the forum account and I just recently completely changed my PC along with upgrading and I just couldn't remember the password anymore. Well, I might have been quite inactive for a while due to my attention being needed somewhere else, unfortunately. However, I didn't even expected anyone to see this post or respond to it. Now let me answer to the two questions.
    Could you state your approximate play time? I am in very similar situation myself, and usually it is the difference in time zones that gets on the way.

My time zone is CET/CEST and I'm usually around at either 1 am or 2 am to the time when the login rewards reset. As of now I'm not very long around and just mainly grab the login reward, train the horse abilities on each character and then usually go. But I did play longer than just that sometimes within the recent weeks. I don't know, it's more periodically when it comes to activeness as there's usually nobody around so I have a reason to stay longer. I just get very anxious around random players and I'd feel more comfortable if there's actually someone else around who isn't a random encounter. I'd like to actually explore everything a bit more but I panic every time I see somebody else around and I fear that I get judged because I don't oneshot everything up to delve bosses (despite doing 10+k damage with each attack). Maybe it's just me being too paranoid.

So far however I didn't have any problems doing things alone and I actually soloed a few open world bosses and cleared entire public group dungeons solo without any issues. If I'm actually the only one around that is... But then you could say this doesn't matter because public bosses might be 75% weaker than private dungeon bosses as the content is accessable for everyone. But don't get me wrong, I don't know if this is actually the case as I don't know how the game is being scaled when it comes to those things. I'm only speaking based on experiences in other games where open content was far easier due to it being open for all. Feel free to correct me then if that doesn't apply to ESO. Thanks.
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Did they harass you for posting a giant wall of text?

What kind of question is that? If you don't have anything constructive to say then you can ignore this post and keep it to yourself. It's not that I targeted you with it. You're free to move on instead of blindly attacking people. I just made sort of an introduction and these tend to get longer.
    But after that I'm still so kind to answer your "question". No, the people on the Steam forums didn't harrass me for simply making an introduction whilst looking for people. It was simply because I asked a simple question about the game and then everyone in the thread meant to be an *** to me only because I didn't know a specific information about an event in the game. But this wasn't the only case where people acted like this. I have some experiences in other forums on Steam as well where people behaved either like children or total a-holes for no reasonable cause at all. That and some other user experiences I've heard about stating that the majority of the people on that platform are just like that. I hope that this helps for further understanding.
    I don't want to argue and stress myself with people on the internet. I'm too old and fed up for this kind of stuff. If you actually have something to contribute to my post feel free to share. Otherwise just keep your thoughts to yourself and move on to your own things, please.

Anyways, my apologies for the late answer and how long this became. Excuse me if this text seems too messy, I'm in a hurry, haven't gotten proper sleep in the recent days and my focus is needed for real life related matters like work at the moment.
  • HunterTheCapricorn
    Bump!
    Just a little update because I feel like this has become relevant again as of recent as I'm starting to be more active again now that the free plus trial is up once again and I can finally take the time to take advantage of the bonuses.
    However I'm not sure how long it will last since my anxiety resulting in panic attacks and other players constantly running me over or not leaving me do things in peace ruining my enjoyment and immersion. I hate it to constantly keep watch for other players to not disturb or secretly judging me for everything I do all the time. Look, I'd really want to be more active and enjoy the game but the listed problems just make it impossible for me, sorry :/
    So for this case I'm looking for at least one likeminded person to hang around with so I can be a bit more comfortable.
    I tried asking through Steam previously but people just attack, harrass or creep on me for no reason and even drop homophobic insults at me for a screenshot in an entirely different game.
    I hope that people on this forum are at least more civil and helpful.
    And I hope that someone tags along.
  • HunterTheCapricorn
    Still relevant because I really want to do more stuff there and be more active but my anxious ranaoid ass ruins everything and I'd like to have at least someone like minded with me.
  • HunterTheCapricorn
    Still relevant because I really want to do more stuff there and be more active but my anxious ranaoid ass ruins everything and I'd like to have at least someone like minded with me.

*paranoid
  • HunterTheCapricorn
    bumping because I'd really like to play the game and be more active but I'd love to be around like minded people
    I've also managed to get all expansions before Greymoor was released with a special bundle that also included Elsweyr and Summerset which i have both completed already by the way including Greymoor. (Probably will buy the Oblivion Expansion a week before release. No ESO+ for me because I'm broke and sadly don't play as actively as I want)
    However I'd really like to be more active there until TESVI finally comes out.
  • Aapjes
    Aapjes
    Soul Shriven
    Well, maybe you could be a bit more specific what you want to do. Being around like minded people and doing stuff doesn't really target anyone so you get no reply. Do you want to do dungeons together? Hang around and farm materials? Roleplay?

Good luck, hope you find someone!
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    bumping because I'd really like to play the game and be more active but I'd love to be around like minded people
    I've also managed to get all expansions before Greymoor was released with a special bundle that also included Elsweyr and Summerset which i have both completed already by the way including Greymoor. (Probably will buy the Oblivion Expansion a week before release. No ESO+ for me because I'm broke and sadly don't play as actively as I want)
    However I'd really like to be more active there until TESVI finally comes out.

Hi, Im most actively underway on my 2 Account, @DorianRaven. Im from Germany, used to life in the UK, hencecommunicate quiet good in booth Languages. Im right now in a German speaking Guild but have the Game set to English, Fantasy sounds just more Epic that Way. Hit me up, Im only lvl39/40 on that Account but lvl my Way up and i do any content, limited to Lvl for now but on my first Account Im cp1081 on NA and cp717 on EU @DirkRavenclaw, just more Active on new Account i got after a 6 Month Break.:)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • LazyColzy
    LazyColzy
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, just getting back into ESO myself after a while away. I've played GW2 a bit too, but like ESO always played mainly solo. I fully understand being anxious around others, I suffer the same myself, but recently trying to face my fears. I know what you mean about worrying about others being rude, as there are some idiots out there like that.
    I'm from England, and trying now to play fairly regularly now I've started paying for the subscription again.
    I'd be really interested in connecting and joining up on here, maybe even in GW2.
    I'll leave it to you to message me, or contact me in game. Happy to just type and chat or audio if that would work on discord or the like, basically whatever works best for you.
    As for your background, that doesn't bother me, I'm the type of guy that takes everyone as they are and have my own quirky habits that I'm sure others would poke fun at, so totally get you. I'd like to think you'd feel safe chatting with me.
    Hope to chat soon,
    Lazy (Aka Colin)
    Edited by LazyColzy on March 11, 2021 12:36PM
  • HunterTheCapricorn
    LazyColzy wrote: »
    Hi, just getting back into ESO myself after a while away. I've played GW2 a bit too, but like ESO always played mainly solo. I fully understand being anxious around others, I suffer the same myself, but recently trying to face my fears. I know what you mean about worrying about others being rude, as there are some idiots out there like that.
    I'm from England, and trying now to play fairly regularly now I've started paying for the subscription again.
    I'd be really interested in connecting and joining up on here, maybe even in GW2.
    I'll leave it to you to message me, or contact me in game. Happy to just type and chat or audio if that would work on discord or the like, basically whatever works best for you.
    As for your background, that doesn't bother me, I'm the type of guy that takes everyone as they are and have my own quirky habits that I'm sure others would poke fun at, so totally get you. I'd like to think you'd feel safe chatting with me.
    Hope to chat soon,
    Lazy (Aka Colin)

oof, sorry or the very late response. I've been barely active here and in the game. If you're interested feel free to add me ingame as I'm not very comfortable with discord voice chat due to teamspeak experiences in the past tied to MMOs and my gender identity, so I really don't like to speak at all and when I must speak I search for guilds that are LGBT friendly at least and not make dumb and harmful jokes about me being ftm. However you could still add me on Discord for text communication if you're okay with it. Even though nobody has to add me as it's open for all (might be because I rarely get messages every few years) however it gets tricky if I need to respond as most people have restrictions in their settings.
  • HunterTheCapricorn
    Now still relevant. Would be nice to have some people around who don't yell at me or judge me all the time.
    Also I just renewed another 3 months of ESO+ mainly to pick up the last two zone DLCs with crowns I was missing but also because of the crafting bag. I know I can just buy crowns from players but i wasted 4 million gold already onbeing scammed so I don't do that again. Just like I don't trust paying people for a werewolf bite ever again as those are scams as well so I might as well buy the DLC for that one too (there's no other way to become one, I guess?).
    So I'm down for every DLC dungeon of course during the subscription.
    Just drop by in game as I'm sadly very inactive here.
  • GothicMando
    Hello there : ) I'm someone who suffers with a certain degree of shyness too, so your story really touched me. I'm a sensitive person who enjoys connecting with others (awkward combination given my aforementioned nerves around others!😅)

I also quite enjoyed how much detail you went into, in your story. I take that as a genuine desire to befriend others, rather than see it as 'too much, so I think that's rather endearing.

I'll add some more info in this post about myself, so you can hopefully feel less anxious about the kind of person I am : )

I'm from the UK, my name is Matteo and I've only recently started playing this on PC (though I've been playing on/off since the game released). I enjoy doing overland content and group dungeons. I've never done any Trials, partially because I've either never known enough people who play, or because I didn't really feel comfortable doing it in the Guild I joined. Guilds just feel...awkward 🤣 they seem to be nice people, but its also just a mass of individuals you don't know, so its not quite the friendship I'm looking for ^^ I'm much more comfortable with fewer people. My main is a Dragonknight Tank, who is around Champion 300. My other characters are all low level.

As I said, I am looking for friendship, so I will like to ask personal questions to get to know you better, if that's ok? I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable though, so if it feels like I'm asking too much, please let me know : ) I also don't really feel comfortable with speaking to random people, so typing is fine to me ^^

I see its been a while since you last posted here, so its OK if you're not looking for ESO friends anymore, but I'll wait until you have a chance to read my post, before adding you.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to be friends. But im not sure im the best for that.

The issue im facing is im so used to not having friends that im not really sure how to be be close with someone new or if knowing me would bring someone any type of happiness tbh.

That being said i identify with what you said...and yes i have social phobia and other issues too.
    And it saddens me you had to suffer like i did.
    I do hope life is nice to you. And remember you aren't alone. If you need help with things in game feel free to msg me, we can kick those world bosses
    Random dungeons, craglorn, what ever you need :)

Im pc eu , i also play lol sometimes, lately been a bit more busy animating/drawing.

I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • HunterTheCapricorn
    Still kinda relevant as I'm always there daily for endeavors and events
    I'm like 1060 CP (still very very low because I only check in for daily stuff due to my massive anxiety) and I would definitely be kicked out of dungeons and trials although I can overall oneshot stuff overland but overalnd is casual and *** easy anyways.
    I'd still like to enjoy more of the story rather than just skip everything out of my anxiety and people being *** to me.
    Please hook me up in game if you're likeminded
    I'm rather bad at making contacts through my own