The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PS5 - Performance Mode Combat Text Bug

Goat_Recon
Goat_Recon
Soul Shriven
Hi

I've scoured the forums regarding this and have found nothing. Ive updated to PS5 version and in Performance mode when I enabled the combat text the text no longer appears over the target but to the far left of the screen. This doesn't occur in Fidelity mode however and the text is fine here. I would obviously prefer to use Performance mode and have Combat Text enabled as I mostly PvP.

Ive tried changing UI scaling and enabling/disabling. Nothing seems to fix it. I'd put a post on Reddit and had confirmation I'm not the only one effected but had seen nothing on here so made this post.

Can this be looked at.

Thanks for your support

Alex
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the report! We're aware of this issue and are working on getting it fixed for a future incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goat_Recon wrote: »
    Hi

I've scoured the forums regarding this and have found nothing. Ive updated to PS5 version and in Performance mode when I enabled the combat text the text no longer appears over the target but to the far left of the screen. This doesn't occur in Fidelity mode however and the text is fine here. I would obviously prefer to use Performance mode and have Combat Text enabled as I mostly PvP.

Ive tried changing UI scaling and enabling/disabling. Nothing seems to fix it. I'd put a post on Reddit and had confirmation I'm not the only one effected but had seen nothing on here so made this post.

Can this be looked at.

Thanks for your support

Alex

Wow, they like you, I posted all over the place about this yesterday and didn't get a reply. Happy to hear they're going to fix it though as otherwise playing in Performance mode is far superior.

Also if you're searching the forums for an issue which started occurring recently make sure you use the search parameters to only include recent postings. Searching "Combat text" w/o turns up results from 2016, Set the search parameter to only show results from this week and you'll find postings (mostly me) about this exact issue.
    Edited by itscompton on June 17, 2021 8:45PM
  • Goat_Recon
    Goat_Recon
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the responses.

I'm so pleased this will be fixed. For now ill probably stick to using the PS4 version as I seem to get some Frame Rate drops in Fidelity Mode.

Thanks Again
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope this really gets fixed next patch, but stating "future" patch, suggests a ZERO time commitment to this problem - and seeing that it's existed since PS4 Pro was released... I'm not all that hopeful it's due a fix at all. It really renders combat text useless in performance mode. Not only is affecting combat text though - try excavating and you'll realize, it's more than just combat text that is off center.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report! We're aware of this issue and are working on getting it fixed for a future incremental patch.

Coming in 2026? Lol. It's a bit ambiguous to just say "future". Could we get at least a time frame for when this is going to be even worked upon? I'm not trying to be mean, or anything - but if you have time to put mudcrab prints in the sand as a fix, maybe this one should get a look?? It's highly annoying, and honestly is more than just my OCD that is suffering - it's like I'm constantly swinging the camera around to see what I'm hitting...
  • ScaniX
    ScaniX
    ✭✭✭
    I was super disappointed that it wasn't fixed in the last client patch.
    It is such a simple coordinate transform bug caused by the resolution upscaling. The improvement/effort ratio is so good here. Please do this next! :)
    PS5 - Dolchsturz - Werwolfzauberer & Vampirtempler
  • The_Graeh
    The_Graeh
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, it's been 62 days and a couple of patches since we last heard an update. Any chance this bug is getting fixed anytime? Thanks.
    Ps. Also affects excavation overlay
  • xStaticx
    xStaticx
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good thing they pushed back the console flames dlc by 8 days. Gives them more time to fix these issues.
  • Goat_Recon
    Goat_Recon
    Soul Shriven
    Lets hope this is fixed with Todays update.

I'd love to finally play the PS5 version of the game but at this point there is no reason to do it.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think this one is never due to be fixed. It's been broken since the days of PS4 Pro.... and so it's hard to imagine it's even being worked upon at this point.