The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

about bow ultimate

kalunte
kalunte
✭✭✭✭✭
hi there, i simply wanted to cry a bit about bow's ultimate cost.

considering the dmg output is decent, the cost of it makes it deal roughly 4k5 dps on a dummy.

this ultimate does only dmg and is easily avoidable or mitigable.

when i compare it to some stormatro it is ridiculous since storm atros deals 9500dps (on a dummy), and can help a lot by soaking loads of dmg in pvp, + initial stun and aoe.

that's about it. for an ultimate that only deals dmg, a buff to its DPS could be fair, even more since it doesnt do anything else but dmging afk targets...
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Storm Atronach is a bad comparison for PvP since it's basically just a tool for granting free ultimate to an enemy group.
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it for PvE because with Ballista you can swap bars after casting it so I can wallop something with dual wield or two-handed while its shooting them.
    Options
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shooting Star is around 30-40% 10% stronger single target DPS as long as they aren't moving around, and it can be cast over and over if you hit lots of mobs.

The bow ultimate can be even weaker if you start a fight with it, not getting the whole 25% hawk eye damage buff
    Edited by MudcrabAttack on June 15, 2021 11:12PM
    Options
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's why i think a simple cost reduce (make it cost somehow 100, like soul assault used to cost) and it will fit its role.

i mean, soul assault was trolling but since the cost got increased to reach bow ultimate's cost it just disapeard from the game.

bow ultimate is still used because there isnt anything else to use as a stam ranged ultimate (when magica users can still use meteor or destro).

no dmg buff needed nor functionnality, a simple cost tweak would bring it on par with other pure dmg ults on the dps part.

again, it's only a single target turret (or channel) that deals decent amout of direct dmg but nothing else, can be dodged, outlined, outranged, blocked, reflected.
    Options
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My StamNB is built for poison damage and damage over time and when fully buffed my tooltip for Toxic barrage is over 120K from the channel and another 58K from the dot. Most people I hit with it in PvP die before they realize what's happening. Even pure tanks have a hard time living through it.
    Options
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    (when magica users can still use meteor or destro).

Stam users can still use those to 98% effectiveness, they scale much better ever since the CP changes and I haven't touched ballista for PvE ever since
    Options
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bow ultimate is still used because there isnt anything else to use as a stam ranged ultimate (when magica users can still use meteor or destro)
    What if I told You , You can use meteor as stam DD?
    Edited by axi on June 14, 2021 6:19PM
    Options
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @axi , @MudcrabAttack yes, and lose armor penetration, and crit, to it. no thanks, even status effects are not the same. needless to talk about destro. and it is nowhere close to 98%.

i dont need a stun nor an aoe, i'd just like if a dmg only ultimate could do proper dps, so not necessarly more tooltip but just more often so that dps raise.

@itscompton there will always be someone to die to something, and if you fight ppl that struggles against toxic barrage they are either having internet issues or are sleeping since it's channeled, which makes the burst way lower than ballista (about 50%) and the dot part can be easily purged if not outhealed with a simple vigor.

there is a reason why toxic barrage is never used in pve unless by some fancy moragtongers. buff or not, the dmg is high, but you cant cast it often enough to make it decent in pve. that's all. i did mention the pvp part because most changes tend to corrupt one part of the game or the other, but with a cost reduce, it wont affect much pvp that's all.

pve wise, again, there's no reason to have such a low budgeted ultimate. there's only dmg on it. single target. that's it.
    Options
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballista with hawkeye stacks is better damage per ult point than meteor is for single target. You even even get more damage at range. Ballista is also better for burst and for mobile bosses
    Options
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kalunte ultimates scales of higher crit chance and lately most of the pen debuffs got unified. Burning status effect is also nice as it scales of highest stats.
    Edited by axi on June 15, 2021 8:02PM
    Options
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    @axi , @MudcrabAttack yes, and lose armor penetration, and crit, to it. no thanks, even status effects are not the same. needless to talk about destro. and it is nowhere close to 98%.

I'm just going off my own observations from previous tests. Although to be fair, in my earlier post I compared my ballista damage from two patches ago to meteor damage from this patch. When I tried ballista again on the same build from this patch it's damage almost reaches the combined direct damage +DOT of meteor. In the following two scenarios the damage difference is negligible since I only use the skill once:

Here's Ballista:
    i27gsLM.png

Here's Shooting Star:
    8KsfS5I.png

I like shooting star, though, for the instant 12 ultimate refund when I start the fight with the ultimate. It gets me much closer to using the next soul harvest.

Magic ultimates have scaled off your highest crit rating since a long time ago. Two patches ago they weren't as good because you couldn't buff them with the magic CPs.
    Options
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont need a stun nor an aoe, i'd just like if a dmg only ultimate could do proper dps, so not necessarly more tooltip but just more often so that dps raise.

@itscompton there will always be someone to die to something, and if you fight ppl that struggles against toxic barrage they are either having internet issues or are sleeping since it's channeled, which makes the burst way lower than ballista (about 50%) and the dot part can be easily purged if not outhealed with a simple vigor.

there is a reason why toxic barrage is never used in pve unless by some fancy moragtongers. buff or not, the dmg is high, but you cant cast it often enough to make it decent in pve. that's all. i did mention the pvp part because most changes tend to corrupt one part of the game or the other, but with a cost reduce, it wont affect much pvp that's all.

pve wise, again, there's no reason to have such a low budgeted ultimate. there's only dmg on it. single target. that's it.

Yeah, it's a channel that does 16K per second after battle spirit with 24K physical pen when I've got if fully buffed. Of course a good player can mitigate almost anything you throw at them but you just need to use imagination to make it effective. I find the best use is to hit it right as someone tries to start their burst combo. Muscle memory usually keeps them from stopping and going defensive, they don't get the stun they attempt and so they might get me to 20% but they die before I do. Doesn't work every time or on everyone, but enough.
    Options
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still, when comparing meteor ang ballista, considering they are both doing the same dmg, one is aoe + stuns + can refund decent amount of ult while the other one is just single target. for 25 more ultimate, so either one is overbudgeted or the other one way too expensive.

thank you for all the informations about crit dmg and blablabla considering ultimates, i kinda know those things already.
    Options