The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bastian doesn't like fighting some NPCs??

Minyassa
Minyassa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I was in southern Blackwood doing a dig with Mirri, then switched to Bastian to do the scrying for the next one and left the swamp. On the way out, we were attacked by two hostila Argonians, who chased us down and caught up to Bastian. I turned to fight them after I heard him stab one and blasted them with my lightning staff, and as they went down, Bastian yelled "Stop it, that's wasteful and cruel!" I didn't lose rapport with him but wtf, why would he scold me for attacking someone who was a red enemy and attacked me first? I had not heard of this before.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bastian: "Do you place so little value on life?"

Me: "It was a bone colossus. I am not even sure that counts as life."
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You probably killed a scrib or a little spider by accident when you were fighting. He considers that wasteful since you're not going to eat it. Oh, and rats, too!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    You probably killed a scrib or a little spider by accident when you were fighting. He considers that wasteful since you're not going to eat it. Oh, and rats, too!

I didn't even think of that. That would make more sense than him protesting my killing someone he just stabbed. But still makes no sense. I was rescuing him at some thirty feet away and I'm supposed to notice a frog in the way and just stand there to let it pass while combat happens? C'mon ZOS, surely you didn't mean for the poor man to come off as stupid.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I'm supposed to notice a frog in the way

You killed a frog? You monster!
    biggrin.gif

• Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I'm supposed to notice a frog in the way

You killed a frog? You monster!
    biggrin.gif

"You're going to eat that, right?"
    PC NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus Titus Alessian looks down at the crispy centipede lying at the feet of the now dead giant. He'd neatly bisected it instead of the giant with an overhead swing of Dawnbreaker. Now the centipede's two cauterized ends curl towards each other, and the air smells faintly of smoke.

"Rest in pieces, little ultimate-waster."

Bastian wraps up the giant's big toes he's just finished cutting off, then looking at the dead centipede, says with some disdain, "You're going to eat that, right?"

For a long moment, Marcus considers rehashing the whole conversation about "You DO realize I don't mean to unleash Meridia's smiting sword of undead smiting on a lowly rat, right?" But he's already done that, and it hasn't made a difference. So instead he squats down, takes out an empty potion bottle, and as he sweeps the centipede's remains inside, he makes sure to look Bastian in the eye. "Actually, there's a recipe I've been wanting to try."

"You're joking."

"Makes-Many-Soups says that flies in the soup only add to the flavor."

That evening in their small camp in the foothills of Orsinium, Marcus makes Lava Foot Soup-and-Saltrice. The potato and saltrice is exactly the sort of meal that will stick to his ribs in the chilly air. Bastian's being drooling over it.

Then he pulls out "The Secret Ingredient!" Their travels hunting for treasure in the mountains have shaken the burnt centipede into fine black flakes, exactly what he needs.

Bastian looks at him in dawning horror. "I thought you were joking. You're going to eat that?"

"Of course."

Bastian looks away, a little green around the gills. Marcus quickly empties the bottle onto the campfire and dumps a hefty sprinkle of pepper flakes onto the soup instead.

Once the soup is finished, Marcus digs into his bowl with gusto. Bastian tries it tentatively, then eats, picking out any visible black flecks.

Finally, Bastian says, "It's not as bad as I expected."

"It was just pepper. If I wanted to taste insect parts, I'd drink Dubious Camoran Throne."

"I, uh...I knew you were joking all along!"
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 17, 2021 1:53PM