The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS5 Lock Picking - haptic feedback is NOT useful now (pre-Blackwood, Console Enhanced)

BoloBoffin
BoloBoffin
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if this is something that will be fixed in the update or the console enhanced update, but lock picking on the PS5 has absolutely no useful info from the haptic feedback system.

I just got my PS5 set up and the few times I've run across a lock, I find that the haptic feedback is a uniform buzzing during the entire lock picking minigame. Considering how incredibly nuanced the PS5 haptic feedback can be (see the Astro's Playroom game designed to show it off), it's very strange that ESO isn't taking advantage of that. The only way to pick locks is to notice the visual cue - the haptic buzzing overwhelms even the audio clicks in my experience.

Is there any word on whether this will be addressed on the 8th (Blackwood) or the 15th (Console Enhanced release)?
I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the game is still the PS4 version not all features the ps5 offers may work. Sony has repeatedly commented this for nearly every single PS4 game played on the PS5. So it’s not really a bug. As for will they add it? Not sure.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »
    Since the game is still the PS4 version not all features the ps5 offers may work. Sony has repeatedly commented this for nearly every single PS4 game played on the PS5. So it’s not really a bug. As for will they add it? Not sure.

That's why I came here and asked. I didn't even know if ZOS was aware of the bug, and of course this is a bug. But thank you for responding.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buzz is different now, but there is no useful haptic feedback on the PS5 client while picking locks.
    Edited by BoloBoffin on June 16, 2021 10:13PM
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    The buzz is different now, but there is no useful haptic feedback on the PS5 client while pocking locks.

I normally had it turned off but with the fresh install came the default settings too. And yea it definitely isn't working as intended. It isn't even working like the ps4 controller did. It's a constant buzz noise with very little vibration. I'll definitely be turning it back off though lol