Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Returning Player after a year - looking for help!

IceandFire
IceandFire
✭✭
Hi there!

I haven't touched or looked at ESO in almost a year now. I want to get back into it, but honestly have no idea about all the new stuff. I consider myself a "beginner" Vet Player.

If anyone has any guilds, groups, or discords that maybe could help guide me and teach me all the new stuff, or things I don't understand, that would be awesome!

Thank you!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YouTubers:

A bit of everything: Deltia
    (Competitive) PvE: Alcast
    (Competitive) PvE / tanking: Nefas QS, Woehler
    Solo PvE, "lower level" PvE: Hack the Minotaur
    (Solo) PvP: Kristofer ESO, The Real Godzilla
    (Solo) magsorc PvP guru: Malcolm
    Making Gold: Arttea
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I'd check out the guild recruitment section of the forums or else scroll through the guild finder in-game. There are tons that advertise being friendly for new and returning players.

From last year to this, the antiquities system was introduced and I know Alcast has a guide about it as well as info on all the mythics, and I'm sure other content creators will have information on them as well. Mythic items are very strong so you'll want to invest in the antiquities system if you bought Greymoor or sub with ESO+.

The other biggest change was CP 2.0, and the best advice for you there, as someone who was also a returning player at a loss in the new system, is to follow someone else's build (all of the youtubers above will probably include CP allocation in their builds), then once you have a feel for it change how you allocate and slot to fit your own playstyle. Also, don't forget to slot stars and confirm your changes afterward, as I and so many others have done.
    PC NA
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    The other biggest change was CP 2.0, and the best advice for you there, as someone who was also a returning player at a loss in the new system, is to follow someone else's build (all of the youtubers above will probably include CP allocation in their builds).
    If you do this, make sure to follow a recent build. IMO (some) YouTubers who put out build videos right after Flames of Ambition did not have a handle on the new CP system at all. If you want to min/max it is also important to build for your use case. For example see the following thread and note the contrast between my recommendations - rooted in PvP and somewhat crude (only burst counts) - versus those of MashmalloMan, which are much more refined and adapted for dummy parsing and trials (sustained damage counts).

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7255567/p1
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)