The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What do we really need in furnishings

DoomGrunt624
DoomGrunt624
✭✭✭
- Instruments
- Armors
- Weapons
- Shields (other than factions shields like Nord or Breton shield)
- Wayshrine to teleport
- Bards Guest, talk to him to switch tracks (no more music box)
- Banker Guest, access to the Guild Bank & Store
- Merchand Guest, available to Buy stuffs and things
- Utility to teleport from Point A to Point B (example, downstair a ladder item to go to upstair a ladder)

Any others ideas ?
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All the different kinds of townguards as houseguests
  • Canperial35
    Canperial35
    ✭✭✭
    I've been waiting some planter furnitures for years now.
    Edited by Canperial35 on June 14, 2021 12:08PM
  • Dropstitch
    Dropstitch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think most of what I need is already there- unfortunately it is always attached to/ part of something that devalues the individual elements. In ESO the whole is less than the sum of the parts.

For example, I would love to have the individual windows within the Alinor greenhouse, but instead I get an entire greenhouse that leaks in the rain.

I would love to have some amazing effects, but they are almost always attached to some fugly statue.

I would love to have some rotating blades- but here you get an entire windmill that is entirely out of scale with everything else in the game? Did that windmill fall down the beanstalk?

You get the picture.
    Edited by Dropstitch on June 3, 2021 11:21AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with the banker and merchant needing more function than we already get.

I would add to the list general items such as brooms and mops and gardening tools.

Would also like to see some items like this. We get the appearance of a lot of tools but it only takes one slot. Could work with weapons racks and all kinds of other things.

awjjSaK.jpg

NF7frjA.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Goren
    Goren
    ✭✭✭
    A wooden staircase.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see combat dummies of regular enemies that we could place around our homes. Like imagine having a thunderbug, a hackwing, or a duneripper. That'd DEFINITELY add some more life to our places. Could even have exhibits or zoos for some of them.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A spiral staircase.

More personal items to give a lived in appearance.
    PCNA
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bathtubs that can turned on (fills with water) and turned off (drains). Sure I can place blocks around bodies of water to make it look like a floor then put a large bowl submerged to make it look like a tub, but meh.
  • DoomGrunt624
    DoomGrunt624
    ✭✭✭
    Wooden dummies and wooden circle target too
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been waiting some planter furniters for years now.

Planters with dirt already in them.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Water and dirt. As silly as that sounds they're much needed. Not more pots with plants in them and dirt under the plants. Not more baths, bowls of water etc. Just pieces of dirt and water in various sizes we can place ourselves.
  • mythlover20
    mythlover20
    ✭✭✭
    Mannequins we can display armour/costumes on. We know they exist: they're in the clothing stores in Leyawiin and Hew's Bane.

Water, dirt, grass, and the 2D flower patches in the various zones that haven't already been turned into furnishings.

More plants.

LARGER FURNITURE LIMITS!

More Plants.

Pipes of smaller diameters in metal and ceramic, specifically in similar sizes to modern pipes, and not the giant ones you can shove an entire teenager in to.

More. Plants.

Combinations of current items, such as the inkwell and quill, in a single item.

MORE PLANTS!

More structural items, specifically the walls, floors, windows, and ceilings that have already been used to make other houses.

MORE! PLANTS!

Separate effects, such as streams of running water.

MOOORE PLAAANTS!

Thank you.

P.S. Also, I would like some more plants, please.
    "In the darkness all is the same, all is equal. It is the light which casts the shadow, and turns to evil that which simply was." - Me.

mythlover20/The Plant Baron

Officer in Blood Moon Traders trade guild.

Blood Moon Traders is a laid back, werewolf-themed Trade Guild with a stable trader in Sentinel, in the Alik'r Desert. We have weekly raffles and auctions, as well as a variety of events throughout the week, and a monthly Yard Sale. Join us and you'll have access to a fully-stocked Guild Hall, a Discord Server, and a website. In return all we ask for is active participation in our events or making 25k gold in sales each week. Search for Blood Moon Traders in the Guild Finder or message me in-game for an invite.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windows, doors, water bodies (like ponds, etc.), bridges, railings, structural materials in a variety of geometrical shapes. Also, I second mannequins, especially if we could store gear builds on them, similar to what addons do, and that would be helpful for consoles as well, and give us more storage.
  • mythlover20
    mythlover20
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Windows, doors, water bodies (like ponds, etc.), bridges, railings, structural materials in a variety of geometrical shapes. Also, I second mannequins, especially if we could store gear builds on them, similar to what addons do, and that would be helpful for consoles as well, and give us more storage.

YES! STORAGE! Thank you, Jaimeh. I knew I had forgotten something.

I would also like some more storage chests, please. All of mine are full. :(

Also, I would like some more plants, please and thank you.
    "In the darkness all is the same, all is equal. It is the light which casts the shadow, and turns to evil that which simply was." - Me.

mythlover20/The Plant Baron

Officer in Blood Moon Traders trade guild.

Blood Moon Traders is a laid back, werewolf-themed Trade Guild with a stable trader in Sentinel, in the Alik'r Desert. We have weekly raffles and auctions, as well as a variety of events throughout the week, and a monthly Yard Sale. Join us and you'll have access to a fully-stocked Guild Hall, a Discord Server, and a website. In return all we ask for is active participation in our events or making 25k gold in sales each week. Search for Blood Moon Traders in the Guild Finder or message me in-game for an invite.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A PVP/brawl option and furnishings that you can pick up and throw, for instance a chair that anyone in the brawl can pick and throw that will cause some effect such as stagger. Also please add the new *BYO-OYING* sound to any pots and pans that may be tossed at your opponent. ;)

>>> On a more practical note, please add more storage units and the other things that are suggested in this thread. In addition to plant and water features I have wanted dirt to change the lay of the land and ginormous boulders, much larger than the largest of the ones we have now ... "cave" large.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • 414NotFound
    Top of my list:

Fences, walls, platforms, stairs, etc. that match the housing of the various zone and faction styles; varying sizes for these items.

For example, our choices of stairs are Alinor, Markarth, and Elsweyr, and Solitude. They all have like 2 meters of foundation, so they don't work on a second story. None of them match a dark elf home.

Blocks.

The three or four blocks come in 3 colors and are huge. Different sizes could open up some creative options, like a flatter cap stone to top off walls or turned sideways around a garden, or some the size of the small Elsweyr platform for stone balconies, walkways, or steps.

Stairs and railings (and planks I guess?)

Wooden stairs, please. Short versions of stairs, too.

Horizontal handrails of various styles, materials, and lengths. Loose rails and support components for custom slanted stuff.

I don't like the idea of daedric platforms or argonian lattices to ramp everywhere. But, homemade stairs aren't usually nicely walkable. There's a trick where you can bury a plank in your shelf-steps, but planks are a million feet long. The item is called 'rough plank, long' but where's the normal and short versions?

Rotation axes, align, and straighten

What are these axes? They should go through the logical axes of the object but do not. Rotating something like a painting or block is not intuitive.

Align and straighten are tempermental.

Lighting

I would like some uniformity to the light intensity and spread of things like candles, lanterns, and the like. Indoril candles are very weak. Small psijic globes are way brighter than the large ones despite costing less materials to make.

Light bleed through (what should be) solid surfaces is annoying.

If there are solutions to some of these already I would love to hear them!
    Edited by 414NotFound on June 13, 2021 12:35PM
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bathtubs that can turned on (fills with water) and turned off (drains). Sure I can place blocks around bodies of water to make it look like a floor then put a large bowl submerged to make it look like a tub, but meh.

I would like to see a variety of containers that do this with different materials. Like the feeding troughs have an empty/food/water toggles. Pots/vases have a water/dirt/empty option.

More plants that are designed in a way that you can stick them into more of the pots, so many have stems that go off in odd directions.

More fields of colorful flowers for ground cover.

A larger hist tree with the colorful glowing hist flowers.

More groupings of stuff to go on shelves that can be crafted. Empty shelves are the bane of my existence, and most of the newer pre-filled items are a mess in how they are filled and don't look that great.

Readable books that align better so they aren't a major PITA to place on stuff.

Edited by maximusrex45 on June 14, 2021 5:05AM
  • Ienaore
    Ienaore
    ✭✭
    Windows, stained glass
    Structure (Doors, walls, wooden or stone, stairs, floors that aren't 10 foot thick)
    Buildings
    Water bodies
    Baths, bassins, pools
    Planters
    Plants
    Mushrooms, tiny and very big ones
    Flower fields
    Water flowers/plants
    Soil
    Clutter decorating.
    More slots. MORE SLOTS.
  • Eccentric_Vampire
    Eccentric_Vampire
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like some open books and alchemy ingredients to put in my study. Some wrought iron fencing and rose bushes for the yard would be nice, too. I want more clutter in general, especially small things that actually fit on my bookshelves.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really boggles my mind that weapons, weapon racks, target dummies aren't available as furnishings. The ones in the base game are perfect, I don't need some weird, flashy ones with saturated textures that don't fit in with anything. How is it not a no-brainer that a fundamental furnishing need for mighty heroes and warriors living in a world of sword and sorcery is a basic armoury? Do they really believe no one would ever want them, or has it just never occurred at all to the people selecting furnishings how important they might be.

Basic weapon and armour pieces would also be amazing.

I agree it would be fantastic if we could get mannequins upon which we can display our armour. Maybe a bit more challenging to implement, but one of my biggest desires for housing.

I also agree that having soil/planter boxes etc are a confusingly obvious oversight. Basic ones like those already seen in the world are essential. Additionally, another dear wish would be to have ones you could plant with your own food or alchemy items. Nothing economy-breaking is necessary, but just another really cool use for housing that I strongly suspect would at a lot of value and desirability to housing.

More containers! Wardrobes, cupboards and barrels with a few slots each would be amazing, because they would add further functionality and interact-ability to housing. I personally didn't see the need for the weird, random-looking coffers and chests they gave us that don't fit in with anything at all when they have always had at their disposal the basic furnishings that would behave as they do in the rest of Tamriel. Racial variants of each one would be nice so that they could coordinate with our Khajiit or Nordic decor. Maybe just one or two with each new furnishing style?

More magic! Tea cups and pretty vases are all well-and-good, but a sorcerer's options for the magical arcaneum or chironaseum are very limited. Give me more summoning circles or geometric rune patterns. Implements like sickles, knives, more scrolls! Generic magical effects or permanent specific spell effects. Arcane barriers. Bound flame atronach guardians.

I think more structures would be good, to be able to make satisfying structures for the "open" housing plots such as Moon Sugar Meadow or Surreal Estate. Some complete structures would be pretty epic - I don't know to what degree they have the scope to do that sort of thing, though.

Oh, and a personal one: racial style boats! There's an awesome nordic longship I have nowhere to put, and meanwhile my Tel Galen has docks suggesting my character might receive visitors from the Telvanni Peninsula, but there's no furnishing Dunmer boat to complete the illusion, even though beautiful examples, both large and small exist in the game.
    Edited by Supreme_Atromancer on June 27, 2021 6:25AM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have a variety of fishing equipment. Various fishing rods, nets and, above all, containers with baits in them, as well as plates on which baits and hooks are prepared.
  • Warndihr
    Warndihr
    ✭✭✭
    I like the ideas here, they could be achivment unlocks.
    - Instruments - When you played any instrument 1000 times, Achievment - Bard... or something, you could buy Instrument furnitures or crafting motifs
    - Armors - Achivement - When you fully researched all items and traits
    - Weapons - Achivement - When you fully researched all items and traits
    - Shields (other than factions shields like Nord or Breton shield) When you fully researched all items and traits
    - Wayshrine to teleport - Achivement - When you found all Wayshrines in the game (should still cost gold to use)
    - Bards Guest, talk to him to switch tracks (no more music box) - Achievment - When you played any instrument 1000 times
    - Banker Guest, access to the Guild Bank & Store
    - Merchand Guest, available to Buy stuffs and things

• Imperial1995
    Imperial1995
    ✭✭✭
    I’d like to see a lot of the base game structural furnishings (Breton, Dark Elf, Wood Elf are common requests from what I’ve noticed) as well as assets like chicken coops, wooden fences, stables, grass/2D plant textures, as well as the already mentioned dirt, water, stained glass windows and personal items.

I’d also like to see more use of housing tools, like a toggled night/day cycle, a weather cycle, light intensity, interior brightness slider, ect. As well as an option to repair the more run down/broken aspects of the house itself. Another thing would be the ability to color/dye/change texture on many structural and parlor items.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. A day/night toggle. There's no reason we can't decide what time of day we'd like it to be in our homes. It's a drag when my vampire wants to throw a party and it's a blazing bright afternoon! What's more, ZOS already has the ability to give this to us.

2. Structural items! Wooden staircases in both fancy and plain versions. Spiral, curved and straight with a landing piece as well. WINDOWS! All kinds of windows. MORE DOORS! Doorways, walls and floors as well as ROOF PIECES!

Just give us more things like Moonsugar Meadow and let us build to suit...but give us the items we need to do so easily!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Writ boards and drop off furniture so we can finally do writs at our homes if we wish so.
    I would pay good crowns for that.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.