The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update ruined my addons

PandaPalace
PandaPalace
✭✭✭
After I updated eso this morning I can no longer change any addons. ALL my addons stay on, I can't turn any off. If try and than reloadui, nothing changed, still all on.
I tried deleting all my addons and files and minion and reinstall everything, nothing changed.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not AddOn related or caused:

We hat this on the PTS a few months ago already, maybe ZOs re introduced the bug...

The addons you enable pre-game (At character selection) and ingame (via the addons menu) are stored in the file live/AddOnSettings.txt

The entries got some headlines whichd escribe which server and character you configured the addons for, and one #Default which is the "All characters" from the character selection screen.

On the PTS there was a problem that some character names were written in CAPITAL LETTERS and thus the game did not find them anymore.
    As my addons all still work properly and my AddOnSettings.txt looks normal, like #EU-Megaserver-Baertram, I asume this only happens to a few users now where there are special characters or spaces in the character names.

I'd do the following:
    Logout, add the file live/AddOnSettings.txt to your antivirus whitelist/allowed files, explicitly!

Backup the file!
    Check this file live/AddOnSettings.txt if it got a readonly tag. Right click it -> properties -> remove read only checkbox if it is set.
    Check the contents of the file if the server and character names are shown properly, and not all UPPERCASE e.g.

Repor the issue to ZOs officially via /bug ingame and the forums here.
    I bet someone did already.

• PandaPalace
    PandaPalace
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    This is not AddOn related or caused:

We hat this on the PTS a few months ago already, maybe ZOs re introduced the bug...

The addons you enable pre-game (At character selection) and ingame (via the addons menu) are stored in the file live/AddOnSettings.txt

The entries got some headlines whichd escribe which server and character you configured the addons for, and one #Default which is the "All characters" from the character selection screen.

On the PTS there was a problem that some character names were written in CAPITAL LETTERS and thus the game did not find them anymore.
    As my addons all still work properly and my AddOnSettings.txt looks normal, like #EU-Megaserver-Baertram, I asume this only happens to a few users now where there are special characters or spaces in the character names.

I'd do the following:
    Logout, add the file live/AddOnSettings.txt to your antivirus whitelist/allowed files, explicitly!

Backup the file!
    Check this file live/AddOnSettings.txt if it got a readonly tag. Right click it -> properties -> remove read only checkbox if it is set.
    Check the contents of the file if the server and character names are shown properly, and not all UPPERCASE e.g.

Repor the issue to ZOs officially via /bug ingame and the forums here.
    I bet someone did already.

I reinstalled everything. Now I don't even have a addon or user settings file. I added everything else I could to the whitelist, nothings working