The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Group Dungeons Fragility

ragamerb16_ESO
ragamerb16_ESO
✭✭✭
It's good to see the ammount of concurrent players needed for certain activities increase but...

...To do that without fixing the "geometrically growing" disruptive events is a disaster awaiting to happen.

The initial PTS patch notes have arrived with the Group Centric content been tested as I type this but... NOTHING is mentioned about the miriad of problems Groups find in their day by day operation while into Dungeons.

The following list of features are needed, well-known and already implemented in most MMOs I have tested/played to date (not going to enter into the credentials game... Read the list and just think in the times on ESO you would have liked this or that feature to be present and then you will have to take my word on the fact that none of this is neither original nor created from thin air... Some other Devs on some other games ALREADY use this features).

Forced Teleport OUT. At the very moment you leave a group for whatever reasson a brief timer (around 30s) should start. If by the end of it you haven't returned to the Group/Raid you will be immediatly teleported out of the Instance.

Group/Raid Leader Persistence. Leader transfer should ONLY happen on command or if the person goes offline. ATM there are a plethora of situations were the group Lead changes or even becomes invalid forcing groups to reform or making them incapable of asking for reinforcements.

Dungeon Questlines Permanence. The Quests needed for making the Dungeon evolve are generally broken when 1 or more members of the Group already done them. This literally make some Dungeons impossible to repeat, or requiring full resets when a new member is invited. Dungeon quests should ALWAYS be repeatable (But the reward could only be obtained the 1st time) and should be always synchorized to the state of the Group/Raid leader. This is the easiest way to keep having dungeons were player actions modify their layout/state while allowing groups to recover from ppl going offline, replacements, etc, etc... Without having to reset or even worse finding themselves lacking the minimum number of "questers" to activate certain steps.

I repeat... All the above are requirements for decent Group Dungeon flow to keep on going and the events that are now plaguing us on ESO usually require a single player to screw the efforts of the entire group...

...That's why it's geometrical when you increase the size of the group... More chances for disruptions to happen and affecting more ppl each time.

Trials are going to be a patience test for leaders if they go live with all the above list of features still uninplemented.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the length... English is not my native language, I hope you have the time for adding your own frustating experiences regarding the above situations so ZOS realizes how important is to address all this.
  • Keiffo
    Keiffo
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with all of these points. Lost track of how many times my group had to remake in order to invite another player, because nobody was the leader.

At the end of Banished Cells I have to keep telling whoever is on the quest that only one person can talk to the final NPC, or he will glitch.

A big problem is the way a troll can be in your group who refuses to fight, and cannot be kicked.