The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Are Sorcs killing Cyrodiil?

Marcus_Aurelius
Marcus_Aurelius
✭✭✭✭✭
Half of my death recap are streaks and frags.
Where are all the Wardens you talk about? Have you lied to me all this time?
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you die from streak and frags, esp. on a warden if you have crystallized? o.o

That said, even without it, sorcs are so predictable that on my 8-9k armor characters with no shields I still manage to roll and evade them without dying fairly easily.

Streak is strong, yeah. But it also means they can't attack either when they use it. Using either roll or blocking after breaking free shuts down kill attempts pretty easily from what I've seen, unless the game is lagging bad. But during lag, DBoS is a problem, artic blast is a problem, petrify is a problem, ... you get the idea.

All of that is using a glass mag DK or mag templar too, so...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't we just have that thread asking if Wardens are killing Cyrodiil?

Tell you what...it's those stinking enemy players who're killing Cyrodiil for me. If ZOS would just ban everyone who kills me and my friends, Cyrodiil would be amazing. Make it so, Devs!

:lol:
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh hello again warden main xD Try playing squishy magsorc. Damage comes with a price contrary to stamden. Even then damage is only good against squishy players.
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Streak and fargs are the least of your worries. It's the overloaded cheese you have to worry about.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Streak is still an overtuned panic button that lets player crutch on it if they want to, but ball groups are back now! So sorcs are really not a big priority again.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    No. Streak is still an overtuned panic button that lets player crutch on it if they want to, but ball groups are back now! So sorcs are really not a big priority again.

As opposed to the overtuned panic button that let's you disappear at will, immediately make all incoming single target attacks miss, and suppress all dot damage. As well as provide an at will method to guarantee a crit strike.

I am not even saying that cloak should be nerfed, but streak is hardly as much of an issue as cloak.
    Streak puts you behind your target if used offensively.
    Streak still allows you to be hit by all damage skills.
    Streak costs increasingly more to use and can't outpace stamina gap closers.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcerer damage and defenses have allways been higher in damage and higher in defenses than all the other classes in eso.
    they need to iether delete sorcerers and wardens or they need to remove classes from eso.
    and no i am not joking, no i am not being sarcastic.
    im giving honest feedback.
    it has been this way going on 8 years+
    its simply just the truth.
    sorcerers are way too high in damage and defenses.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undoubtedly as strong as any for a 1v1 solo spec, but their only role in most Comp Groups is Negates, so, they're balanced in at least this sense. Classes have to have something OP about them, but they shouldn't be OP in every encounter.

To me, main thing about MagSorcs in No Procrodiil, from the get-go, was that they were, along with StamNBs, the only specs that got what were close to prior meta setups without access to conditional sets. On account of this, they were racking up the Ks during the first few weeks, but once other specs found out what worked with these 19 sets, once more players organized into Comp Groups to counter the No VD Zergs, the Solo MagSorc seemed to almost disappear from the landscape. That's what I perceived anyhow.

If you're only running around solo on a melee build, it's reasonable to have the impression that MagSorcs are OP.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undoubtedly as strong as any for a 1v1 solo spec, but their only role in most Comp Groups is Negates, so, they're balanced in at least this sense. Classes have to have something OP about them, but they shouldn't be OP in every encounter.

To me, main thing about MagSorcs in No Procrodiil, from the get-go, was that they were, along with StamNBs, the only specs that got what were close to prior meta setups without access to conditional sets. On account of this, they were racking up the Ks during the first few weeks, but once other specs found out what worked with these 19 sets, once more players organized into Comp Groups to counter the No VD Zergs, the Solo MagSorc seemed to almost disappear from the landscape. That's what I perceived anyhow.

If you're only running around solo on a melee build, it's reasonable to have the impression that MagSorcs are OP.

That's basically it. Mag Sorc has not synergized well with proc sets, so they weren't really able to capitalize on them during the proc meta to any great effect. So most mag sorcs, minus maybe some slight tweaks, like dropping a monster set, Bright Throat or something similar, didn't really need to change when the procs went away. Same skills on their bars, same build. And everyone else was used to crutching on procs for 9 months that it took a bit to adjust to the new sets and play styles and now, Sorcs are mostly good at running away and negating flags. And maybe they can blow you up in a 1v1. Anything more than that and their defenses melt pretty quickly.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is killing Cyrodil is exactly the same thing that kills virtually every RvR or open world(ish) PvP mode, the PvP isn't very good.

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Poor combat balance is killing Cyro. Again.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    crutching on procs for 9 months

Or, crutching on conditional sets for 6 years.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Leslik
    Leslik
    ✭✭✭
    Tell you what...it's those stinking enemy players who're killing Cyrodiil for me. If ZOS would just ban everyone who kills me and my friends, Cyrodiil would be amazing. Make it so, Devs!

:lol:

Yeah, *** those enemy players. You accept the quest and 2 mins later you got to be back at base to hand it in.

• rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    rbfrgsp wrote: »

As opposed to the overtuned panic button that let's you disappear at will, immediately make all incoming single target attacks miss, and suppress all dot damage. As well as provide an at will method to guarantee a crit strike.
    Don't worry, cloak doesn't actually do any of those things in-game.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a few post, we would like to remind everyone that all posts be kept civil, constructive, and within the Community Guidelines. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine complaining about last playable magicka class when cyro is dominated by stam.
    I am not saying sorc Isn't strong. But i really doubt its stronger than stamden

I have both. Stamden is strong in both deff and off. Plenty of useful skills and strong, delayed damage
    Magsorc is little squishier. You have wards, yes but paper thin. Only stacking wards can really help you but thats not something you can do often. Lets assume you are under pressure. You spam wards every 2 seconds to keep yourself alive. Thats 9k mag every 2 seconds. Equals to 9000 mag recovery to sustain it which Isn't possible at all.
    What bothers you on streak? Stun? Or just they are running away?
    Edited by Anyron on June 10, 2021 6:16AM
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc last playable class in Cyro? Are we playing the same game?
    Rawenwatch is full of magsorc constantly bombarding you from behind and streaking away as soon you just look at them.

Frag. haunting curse, rune prison. All from ranged. You look at me? I streak away.

I prefer to fight a warden where I can hit him then to have to put up with this nonsense.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc last playable class in Cyro? Are we playing the same game?
    Rawenwatch is full of magsorc constantly bombarding you from behind and streaking away as soon you just look at them.

Frag. haunting curse, rune prison. All from ranged. You look at me? I streak away.

I prefer to fight a warden where I can hit him then to have to put up with this nonsense.

How much dps curse has? You can heal it easily you can even purge it for free.
    Frag is ranged atack which you can see literaly seconds before it hits you.
    And rune prison Isn't worth of magicka. Only thing that skill does is delayed stun which you can roll.

Also i am not surprised they are running. Fighting warden melee with sorc is suicide.
    How much mag players and stam players you can count while playing proc cyro? Magicka is dying kind in pvp and only sorc remained here despite countless nerf cries here on forum.
    Edited by Anyron on June 10, 2021 10:02AM
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭
    Strange... half my deaths are from going in a keep door and right back out.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    120i4c.jpg
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    Magicka is dying kind in pvp and only sorc remained here despite countless nerf cries here on forum.
    Where is actual nerf to streak ? I'm sure that the sorc class is the main reason why magicka classes and their weapon line are ignored by devs. It's like: "How can u guys say that magicka underperform - everything flooded by sorcs"
    Edited by Andre_Noir on June 11, 2021 8:49AM
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andre_Noir wrote: »
    Magicka is dying kind in pvp and only sorc remained here despite countless nerf cries here on forum.
    Where is actual nerf to streak ? I'm sure that the sorc class is the main reason why magicka classes and their weapon line are ignored by devs. It's like: "How can u guys say that magicka underperform - everything flooded by sorcs"

Streak fatigue that was added few years ago.
    Removing stun from bol

And thats just few. I don't remember it all. I wasnt talking only about streak btw

Ward duration decreased from 20s to 6
    Ward strength capped at 50% health
    Wards can be critically hit
    Added cast time to dark deal
    Overload 3rd bar nerf
    Overload damage nerf
    Rune prison nerf
    Removed stun from crystal fragments
    Constant damage nerf to crystal fragments

And i could go on. Thats just what i instantly rembered. There is probably only one class that was nerfed more than sorc and that is Dk
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So best shield, and if. It best escape; the 2nd best (arguably 1st while gap closers cause desyncs so the counter is not viable right now) Allows them to build offensively Where they have meta delayed burst skill behind only Warden and necro, delayed execute second to none because it's delayed and automatic, and a proc that's better than NBs. Then we can throw in the fact it's all ranged and; they have the best sustain tool.

It's easy to say they are OP based on that. The good thing is; a lot of that stuff does not scale in a larger fight. But that best escape become maybe the best CC or the best ranged defense in game again after Warden. But they just become obnoxious at that point and fold in group pushes. Kind of balances it out a bit.
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ward duration decreased from 20s to 6
    Ward strength capped at 50% health
    Wards can be critically hit
    For every class, not sorcs exclusive. After the nerfs it's remain the only class using shields so seems problem is the sorcs, not wards
    Added cast time to dark deal
    The question is why it hadn't it with such numbers
    Removed stun from crystal fragments
    Constant damage nerf to crystal fragments
    It had stun only on a non-proc morph with long cast time
    And the damage... are u serious ? NB's bow has almost the same tooltip but has to be stacked, double-casted and fly for an hour
    About ult's: every classic class got a nerf
    Edited by Andre_Noir on June 14, 2021 9:26AM