The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does Bastian really not like tea?

Starlight_Whisper
Starlight_Whisper
✭✭✭✭✭
Wondering if it's true he loses rapport to this
Edited by Starlight_Whisper on June 12, 2021 6:03PM
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's the tea, it seems to be the Firsthold Fruit and Cheese Plate. But it doesn't seem to be cheese generally, because he's fine with Port Hunding Cheese Fries. The plot thickens...
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe he's a coffee guy
    Soupy twist
  • excusemydust
    excusemydust
    Soul Shriven
    I lost rapport when making Muthsera’s Remorse tea for a crafting daily. :(
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait - so he was fine with one serving of the cheese fries, but when I made 10 at once I lost 1 rapport. He doesn't like too much cheese?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it is true.

He will loose rapport if you cook all kind of things. It's weird.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait - so he was fine with one serving of the cheese fries, but when I made 10 at once I lost 1 rapport. He doesn't like too much cheese?

Could be that it was still under a timer when you made the one, but the timer was over when you made the ten? It's really hard to tell with the way they implemented this.
    I lost rapport when making Muthsera’s Remorse tea for a crafting daily. :(

Muthsera's Remorse is paired with the Firsthold Fruit & Cheese Plate in the crafting daily, so it can be confusing as to which one he doesn't like. I went back and tried Muthsera's Remorse and didn't get the rapport loss, but I then did the cheese plate and lost 1 point. He didn't make any comments about it, so I had no clue as to which one was triggering the loss at first.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭

Don't know about that but remember to dismiss companions in places (Mirri - Harbors) or situations (killing neutral NPCs) or harvesting butterflies/torch flies, and so on.

Mirri, however, does LIKE it when you craft alcoholic beverages so when I do Writs and I craft one beverage for her, or when you read a new lore book.

Bastian likes it when harvest runestones and Mirri likes it when I do antiquities. I haven't cooked with Bastian out but I will try and see I lose rapport (no problem, I know how to make amends with him). :smiley:

Mirri makes snarky comments when I steal something but there is no rapport lost. She also likes it when I open chests in general.

:smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please stop this madness ヽ(゚∀。)ノim going insane

unknown.png
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's the tea, it seems to be the Firsthold Fruit and Cheese Plate. But it doesn't seem to be cheese generally, because he's fine with Port Hunding Cheese Fries. The plot thickens...

Maybe it's the fruit?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't made any provisioning items on that character in days, so no timer. It's possible that the disapproval is for multiple items for some reason, which most players will have because of the passive that lets you make extra items with each crafting attempt. My first cheese fries was just one because I was on a new character, but then I levelled up enough to put a point in and made multiple at once and got the disapproval there. Hmm.

There's a difference between vocal reactions and actual rapport increases. Bastian reacts positively when I harvest runestones and negatively when I kill a critter, but he doesn't gain or lose rapport. They both gain rapport for reading a bookshelf every 15 or so minutes (there's a cooldown but I don't know exactly how long it is) and it doesn't matter if it's a skillbook or not, or one you've read already or not. Every morning I run into Stormhaven Mages Guild and hit the same bookshelf and get +11 rapport, +10 for being in either a Mages Guild in general or a Mages Guild with a portal to Eyevea specifically (not sure which), and +1 for reading a book. Reading placed books in the world like Mages Guild books doesn't give any increase.

They both gain from visiting Artaeum and looting Psijic portals. He gains from scrying and she gains from excavating. Mirri apparently gains from visiting the Library of Vivec with completed Vvardenfell scale model as well as the completed Vault of Moawita in Artaeum. The most efficient way to level is still their Guild dailies...lots of asking for shares in guilds and zones and you can easily outweigh the little drops that happen when you accidentally grab a torchbug or steal something.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't made any provisioning items on that character in days, so no timer. It's possible that the disapproval is for multiple items for some reason, which most players will have because of the passive that lets you make extra items with each crafting attempt. My first cheese fries was just one because I was on a new character, but then I levelled up enough to put a point in and made multiple at once and got the disapproval there. Hmm.

There's a difference between vocal reactions and actual rapport increases. Bastian reacts positively when I harvest runestones and negatively when I kill a critter, but he doesn't gain or lose rapport. They both gain rapport for reading a bookshelf every 15 or so minutes (there's a cooldown but I don't know exactly how long it is) and it doesn't matter if it's a skillbook or not, or one you've read already or not. Every morning I run into Stormhaven Mages Guild and hit the same bookshelf and get +11 rapport, +10 for being in either a Mages Guild in general or a Mages Guild with a portal to Eyevea specifically (not sure which), and +1 for reading a book. Reading placed books in the world like Mages Guild books doesn't give any increase.

They both gain from visiting Artaeum and looting Psijic portals. He gains from scrying and she gains from excavating. Mirri apparently gains from visiting the Library of Vivec with completed Vvardenfell scale model as well as the completed Vault of Moawita in Artaeum. The most efficient way to level is still their Guild dailies...lots of asking for shares in guilds and zones and you can easily outweigh the little drops that happen when you accidentally grab a torchbug or steal something.

When I took Mirri to visit the completed museum collections in various DLC the first time yesterday, she commented but gave no rapport. Visiting them all three hours later gave +5 rapport for each. A friend of mine experienced the same thing. I wonder if the first trip is bugged.

I had Moawita on my list as well as Wrothgar, the tapestry in S Elsweyr and the mural in N Elsweyr. I’ll have to try the Library of Vivec and the Thieves Den today.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's an INGREDIENT, Metheglin is alcoholic so anything using this ingredient (and anything else that falls under booze) counts

I know some tea recipes use Metheglin, IDK about the rest.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    I think it's an INGREDIENT, Metheglin is alcoholic so anything using this ingredient (and anything else that falls under booze) counts

But he's always commenting on wanting to go to tavern after looting chests.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isinglass will probably also count as it's mostly used for crafting booze.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »

But he's always commenting on wanting to go to tavern after looting chests.

The devs also kept changing his race, the poor guy is a mess.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, this is weirdly specific :lol: Ts ts those companions and their whims... :smiley:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cut it out, Bastian," Marcus Titus Alessian says, hands on hips, glaring at Bastian over the kitchen counter, a single bowl and wooden spoon on the counter between them. "Just because I invited you as a guest does not mean I'll put up with being criticized for how I cook in my own home!"

"Look, I'm just saying it's completely unnatural to make a fruit and cheese platter by only stirring a bowl. And then you didn't even wash your hands before tasting it with your finger!"
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 12, 2021 8:54PM
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, Bastian never specifies what he intends to do when you get to the tavern he's always asking to go to. Maybe he just wants a nice Mid-Year Green Salad and some Black Coffee.
    Edited by ectoplasmicninja on June 12, 2021 9:22PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muthsera's Remorse is a tonic that seems to be pretty much heated spiced mead mixed with bittergreen, which is probably chicory and would be a stomach-settler and a diuretic, hence my theory that it's a hangover cure tea (well, that and the name of it). Hair of the dog plus a general feel-better medicine.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally think this is ZOS' way of trying to convince people to put away their companions during writ crafting :D