The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Resources Pve Vs Pvp

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
It really is frustrating on how big of a difference on how fast your resources deplete in pvp versus pve! Your resources continue to deplete even if you're not being hit with resource drain poisons. You can run the same sets and notice how you can maintain your resources in PvE, but the minute you step into pvp it's as if having 25k mag or stam recovery doesn't help nor work.
Edited by regime211 on May 28, 2021 11:43PM
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    In combat regeneration really seems to be bugged in PvP at the moment.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if you are aware that you kill much less in PvP then in PvE?
    There are several resource back options on kills and you miss them in PvP.
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You mean 2.5K? Buffed with potion or unbuffed? With or without Continuous Attack? Certainly in CP 2.5K is on the high end of what you need, if unbuffed. Depends on class and playstyle. If you run out of resources quickly and die, that could be a sign of casting too many (expensive!) defensive abilities and never managing to go on the offense. It may be a sign that you are blocking or dodge rolling too much or casting damage shields more frequently than needed. It may be a sign that you are not running self-sustain skills, such as Siphoning Attacks, Dark Deal, Restoring Focus, Netch, or you lack ulti-gen as a DK (try Bloodspawn). Also, the better you become, the more offensive you can play and the fewer resources you need. Offensive skills cost far less and offense does not drain your stamina pool from blocking or dodge rolling. This is the main difference to PvE. In PvE you are mostly on the offense and in PvE group play you get sustain synergies you generally do not get in PvP.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Arbiter7070
    Arbiter7070
    ✭✭✭
    If you are having resource problems, typically that is a sign you are doing something wrong. On some builds I run recovery stats below 1000 to sell out for damage in BG’s and still have no sustain problems. Heavy attacks are your friend. Try to analyze your gameplay and see if you’re spamming too many abilities or just playing out of position and taking/blocking a lot of damage which is bound to burn resources. Also if you are having sustain problems, try slotting the Psijic order Meditate ability. I use it on all my high damage, low sustain BG builds.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There’s been a recovery bug in cyrodill for almost 2 years now. At this point I think they just don’t know how to fix it just like the break free bug.

• regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    There’s been a recovery bug in cyrodill for almost 2 years now. At this point I think they just don’t know how to fix it just like the break free bug.

Yeah for whatever reason resources seems completely bugged good to know it isn't just me.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes changing gear, in combat triggers it on your tooltip shows zero stamina recovery got so annoying I’ve respec to mag ( still happens but less detrimental) very frustrating still waiting for a fix
    :/
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    Yes changing gear, in combat triggers it on your tooltip shows zero stamina recovery got so annoying I’ve respec to mag ( still happens but less detrimental) very frustrating still waiting for a fix
    :/

Im on console and can’t change gear in combat. When this happens you’re recovery stops or in some cases keeps draining while not using any skills.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO PvE problem.

I like PvP in this game so much because it's multi-dimentional, you need burst, sustain, tougness, and you also might want dps, healing and utility. PvE? You need dps and one guy needs enough toughness to survive heavy attacks from boss *yawn*

Like, no PvE content in the game requires team to have strong heal. No PvE content in the game attacks players sustain.

PvP, on the other hand, eats 5k stam to break free and 3k to roll dodge. Generally nobody will give you orbs. You will sprint. You will block. You will roll when needed. And you will use more costly skills too.

Resources as a factor is good, imo.
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really strange. I came back to the game after more than 3 months and I jumped right into pvp. Of course builds not even optimised for new cp so I did some non cp. 1,055 stam recovery on my stamsorc.
    Low on resources? Just do a heavy attack while your cc immune and dark deal.
    I was surprised how well I can sustain that! I even asked my friends what is different about sustain now.
    Thing is - you do not roll dodge 3 times in a row, do breaks kiting and heavy attacking, do not permablock and expect not to run out. You have to be smart about your sustain.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milllaurie wrote: »
    and dark deal.

This part changes everything.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    IMO PvE problem.

I like PvP in this game so much because it's multi-dimentional, you need burst, sustain, tougness, and you also might want dps, healing and utility. PvE? You need dps and one guy needs enough toughness to survive heavy attacks from boss *yawn*

Like, no PvE content in the game requires team to have strong heal. No PvE content in the game attacks players sustain.

PvP, on the other hand, eats 5k stam to break free and 3k to roll dodge. Generally nobody will give you orbs. You will sprint. You will block. You will roll when needed. And you will use more costly skills too.

Resources as a factor is good, imo.

You ever done vss hm portals? XD
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For PVE:

1. Your rotation is essentially statically mapped (for the most part) out to the timing of your buffs, so you can adjust your recoveries to match those timings.
    3. As mentioned above, many things give you resources back by killing mobs in PVE.

For PVP, you can't map out a rotation to a set time frame the same way which means you can't line up your resource generation sources to keep you topped off. Everything you do in PVP is dynamic because you are always reacting to what other people are doing. And there are no real static rotations per se outside of buff management. You're looking for windows of opportunity to go for a burst combo, then you are back to surviving incoming damage. PVP is more of a See-Saw experience in that sense.

With all of that said, that means PVP at the core is a war of attrition. The first one to run out of resources will probably lose a fight, and it's not as easy to build for sustain while building for high damage, at least not as easy as it is for PVE. It can be rough, but once you find that build that has enough sustain, and dishes out enough deeps to blow people up during your burst windows...it's the most satisfying feeling ever.
    Edited by Goregrinder on June 10, 2021 5:21PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything a few classes plus procs give people too much sustain, not too little.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭
    Champion tree no longer helps recover resource with heavy and light attacks. Weaving does not help as much. I am having lots of problems with my resource sense the DLC dropped. Suck
    Edited by Sagetim on June 11, 2021 12:36AM