The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Four Things That Need To Be Changed/Fixed

NightWolfe978
NightWolfe978
Soul Shriven
Four Things That You NEED to Change because it is making the game unenjoyable.

1. Ultimates - you need to get rid of the reset timer on them, half the time they reset while you're building them. Also, why can't I charge my ultimate while fighting enemies 5 or more levels below me? It seems im always fighting enemies like that, but that could just be because (I DID ALL THE QUESTS IN THE CORRECT ORDER!!). It also makes doing dungeons impossible if you don't do them when you first run into them.

2. Experience - Seriously? I can't earn xp from enemies 5 or more levels below me? Once again, every enemy i face is just about that. Thus making many quests and dungeons pointless.

3. Dungeon Loot - Did 4 different dungeons in a row today, the only loot dropped was rawhide scraps. WTF?! The point of dungeons is to get cool loot and earn experience, not receive rawhide sCRAPs. And as said before cant earn the experience either due to my level.

4. Hotkeys - Only 7 hotkeys, 5 for attack, 1 for item, and 1 for ultimate?! Even the worst MMOs ive played had more. Makes combat repetitive and rather boring. And if your defense is that it cluttered the screen, take a page from DC Universe Onlines book and add a button you hold down for the expanded hotkeys.
  • Keiffo
    Keiffo
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have much to say about ultimates or hotkeys, but for dungeon loot and experience....

When you get to Coldharbour and beyond, everything will drop loot forever, from that point on. The field mobs in Coldharbour are good to grind to 50, if you don't like some of the quests.

Public dungeon loot in the VR areas are great. Better still, there are 10 of them, since there are 10 VR maps. Plenty to explore, and you can farm in those types forever.

The delves are obviously there in larger numbers for every map, but they do tend to offer less loot and EXP.

The reason you only got scraps is because the mobs you were fighting are too low level for you. Move onto the next area.
  • NightWolfe978
    NightWolfe978
    Soul Shriven
    So i just shouldn't do the dungeons?
  • aeroch
    aeroch
    ✭✭✭
    You could finish the lower level dungeons to complete the quests for skill points. After that, check your group finder to see what dungeons are your level
  • Koloki
    Koloki
    ✭✭✭
    Not receiving xp and loot from low level mobs is pretty basic, it stops people from farming mobs they can kill with 1 hit.
    If all the mobs you face are 5~6 levels below you, you should move to the next questing area, you can return later to finish the left-over quests if you are a completionist.

The Ultimate reset is kinda dumb, but again i think it's there to stop farming and encourage you to move to other areas.

The amount of hot-keys has been discussed to death, it's like this to encourage you to think strategically on the skills you select and make choices meaningful. Also with weapon swap you can have another set o hot-keys doubling your options.
    War Dogs
    MMO, lore, quests, diversão, cerveja, mulher, carros, barcos, iates e outros tantos prazeres da carne!
    Rage. Goddess, sing the rage of Peleus' son Achilles,
    murderous, doomed, that cost the Achaeans countless losses,
    hurling down to the House of Death so many sturdy souls…
  • NightWolfe978
    NightWolfe978
    Soul Shriven
    Thats the thing, I am a completionist which is what put me over level. As for the ultimate, it resets at random points. A lot of the time while its halfway charged and im in the middle of battle
  • NightWolfe978
    NightWolfe978
    Soul Shriven
    As for the hotkey strategy, I get that. But it's incredibly repetitive because of this. At least give us 7 spots for attacks and 2 for items and 1 for ultimate. I'm not asking for 25
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    I kind of get why there's 5, because the average man's left hand fingers can't stretch to the 6 button whilst WASDing. But I think 7 would be much appreciated since at least 1 slot will be for a buff skill, which you use very seldomly.
  • ragamerb16_ESO
    ragamerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So i just shouldn't do the dungeons?

You should do them when they are actually a challenge... And think on what happens when a L50 cleans out dungeons in seconds for ppl actually going there at the right level looking for some fun... I like how I was protected while leveling and, while using the Group Finder tool to fill the gaps of my usual group I never got a player with an alarmingly high level that made the Dungeon Run trivial.

Returning to loot... What would be the point on giving you loot you outlevel? If you want to farm... The game provides means for doing it outside group content... And if you care about the Skillpoints/Achievement they work flawlessly even on "speedruns" on outleveled dungeons.
  • ragamerb16_ESO
    ragamerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I kind of get why there's 5, because the average man's left hand fingers can't stretch to the 6 button whilst WASDing. But I think 7 would be much appreciated since at least 1 slot will be for a buff skill, which you use very seldomly.

Close... The number of buttons on this game is restricted by the potential release on Consoles, I don't know if it will be ever done but it's a fact... Console Market = Reduced set of controls.

The complexity of gameplay is not linked to the controls you use... It's about the decissions you have to take... And believe me, most octopus-only schemes of controls on other MMOs always result in the same... Fixed sequences (or "rotations") "compiled" into 2 or 3 macros you smash blindly...

...And what's even worse, the underlaying gameplay/challenges variety is so close to non-existant that players smashing those rotations are extremely effective.

But you talk about a detail that IMHO really matters on ESO...

...The problem on ESO is that the 5 "free" slots are the same type, which, in turn forces the players to decide if a "party buff" or "utility" power has to take place of a power he needs for whatever role he is currently focused into.

GW2 or the "still-to-release" Pathfinder-online got a better aproach while keeping the number of activable slots under control.

ESO could benefit of 1 or 2 slots dedicated to special types of powers:

- Aura Slot. A passive power that affects the player and nearby allies that doesn't require activation but that encourages the player to select the more appropiate to each circumstance. A true passive power doesn't require any decission making... Just when to buy it.
    - Toggle Slot. A power that's not designed to be activated often but keep active for certain periods (At a resource cost... Usually).

Notice that a dedicated player could still choose to sacrifice activable slots on powers like the above... But, without sacrificing ease of control, a system like the above will increase the variety of effective builds (While on groups specially), and will help keeping variety in the active powers.
    Edited by ragamerb16_ESO on April 26, 2014 12:06PM
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I kind of like some of the AoE traits on GW2, like Empower Allies on your Warrior: it increases the Power stat of all nearby (well, up to 4) allies by 150 if you take it. Doesn't need a slot, but definitely makes you think if you want to take it because then you have to give up a passive for yourself in that slot, and plays a very interesting and direct role in combat (allies have to stay relatively close).
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    Four Things That You NEED to Change because it is making the game unenjoyable.

1. Ultimates - you need to get rid of the reset timer on them, half the time they reset while you're building them. Also, why can't I charge my ultimate while fighting enemies 5 or more levels below me? It seems im always fighting enemies like that, but that could just be because (I DID ALL THE QUESTS IN THE CORRECT ORDER!!). It also makes doing dungeons impossible if you don't do them when you first run into them.

2. Experience - Seriously? I can't earn xp from enemies 5 or more levels below me? Once again, every enemy i face is just about that. Thus making many quests and dungeons pointless.

3. Dungeon Loot - Did 4 different dungeons in a row today, the only loot dropped was rawhide scraps. WTF?! The point of dungeons is to get cool loot and earn experience, not receive rawhide sCRAPs. And as said before cant earn the experience either due to my level.

4. Hotkeys - Only 7 hotkeys, 5 for attack, 1 for item, and 1 for ultimate?! Even the worst MMOs ive played had more. Makes combat repetitive and rather boring. And if your defense is that it cluttered the screen, take a page from DC Universe Onlines book and add a button you hold down for the expanded hotkeys.

Your game is not my game, I guess. Your "NEED to change list" differs from mine by 100%.
    Tackling your points:
    1. Ultimates: I really don't get your point. FIRST: there is no correct order of quests. You can freely roam and skip what you like (except main story quest line). SECOND: My ultimates never reset, don't know.
    2. XP: You don't get XP from low level or ult power through level farming, why should you ? Ever played a mmo where you received xp for that?! Go seek a challenge and fight 3 level above you, you will get xp. So dungeons are pointless when you can't farm them with 5 levels above? *sigh* You should do dungeons when you feel ready for them, e.g. going to spindle clutch is perfectly possible with lvl 10.
    3. I do not believe a word. Did you miss ALL the chests? Did you never receive boss loot? Pfff, all lies or just bad RNG luck. Get over it. Oh or you out leveled content again, missed that. Your problem.
    4. Play more. Get lvl 15. There are a thousand threads about that. The system is there for a reason. Learn about it. Think about it. Like it or leave.
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    4: the defence isn't that it'll get cluttered, its more so that letting you use too many abilities means you won't need to make a choice.