The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How to trade loot from dungeons?

jessica_1403
Hi I'm a new player and yesterday I tried for the first time the dungeon finder and after waiting almost 15min I could finally start my first run with a group of 4.
I normally play solo cause I'm the only gamer nerd of my friends lolol So I wanted to experience the game with a group.
After some time, I realised there was nobody healing so I guess someone applied as false healer but that's not the point, I lost 2 of my group members after a fight they were nowhere to be found.
so me and another member helped out another half group lolol

Suddenly we found our 2 missing group members so we followed them and they were going to the entrance (I don't know if that's normal, if we actually completed that dungeon or not?)
I had 3 items colored blue with a timer counting down from 2 hours.
I saw that after I got a message that member had left so we all left and then I saw the items. Now you can trade them ONLY with the other 3 members. I wanted to trade an item but I had no idea how to do that. The game doesn't tell you how. There is no button that you can press to let them know that this item is up for trade.
And can I trade outside the dungeon or do I have to be inside where we are as a group together? How do I let them know I want to trade and what are the steps to do the actual trade?

I still have A LOT to learn since its my first online game, I normally play Zelda or animal crossing on Nintendo lolol. I played skyrim on Switch and that's how I found my way to ESO PC but its nothing compared to skyrim omg! I didn't even know what PVP was few weeks ago hahaha
so please please please help me
Thank you
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what the default keybinding is (my personal control scheme is heavily modified) but there's an Interact with Player prompt that shows up in the lower center of your screen when you hover your cursor over another player when you're within ~5 meters of them. You hold that key down, a menu pops up with a bunch of options; the one that looks like most browsers' Refresh button is for trading items -- it's like two arrows chasing each other in a circular shape.

Welcome to ESO! :smile:
  • jessica_1403
    Thank you for your reply. I had better mentioned that I play with a controller because I'm used to play Nintendo and I felt lost playing with mouse and keyboard. Now and then I use my keyboard to acces something cause my controller does not have that much buttons haha. Aaaaand I also changed a lot of key binds so it's possible that when I press that key, something else will pop up (why did I do that aaaarrrrgggghhh)
    But I tried to get a menu pop up from within my items and then hover over that with the 2 arrows but I did not get anything where I could trade. I was then already out of the dungeon without the others. I did notice before someone left, that they were all standing there (I think) with some kind of map in their hands, probably so others can see that someone is bussy in the menus (not sure) so maybe they were trying to trade?
    But how will I know? And how can I talk with them? I wrote a lot in the /zone chat but nobody ever replied...

Oh and thank you for the welcome, that's sweet lol
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi I'm a new player and yesterday I tried for the first time the dungeon finder and after waiting almost 15min I could finally start my first run with a group of 4.
    I normally play solo cause I'm the only gamer nerd of my friends lolol So I wanted to experience the game with a group.
    After some time, I realised there was nobody healing so I guess someone applied as false healer but that's not the point, I lost 2 of my group members after a fight they were nowhere to be found.
    so me and another member helped out another half group lolol

Suddenly we found our 2 missing group members so we followed them and they were going to the entrance (I don't know if that's normal, if we actually completed that dungeon or not?)
    I had 3 items colored blue with a timer counting down from 2 hours.
    I saw that after I got a message that member had left so we all left and then I saw the items. Now you can trade them ONLY with the other 3 members. I wanted to trade an item but I had no idea how to do that. The game doesn't tell you how. There is no button that you can press to let them know that this item is up for trade.
    And can I trade outside the dungeon or do I have to be inside where we are as a group together? How do I let them know I want to trade and what are the steps to do the actual trade?

I still have A LOT to learn since its my first online game, I normally play Zelda or animal crossing on Nintendo lolol. I played skyrim on Switch and that's how I found my way to ESO PC but its nothing compared to skyrim omg! I didn't even know what PVP was few weeks ago hahaha
    so please please please help me
    Thank you

Happy to help you figure some stuff out if you like.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• jessica_1403
    yes please :)
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, you need to be in proximity to a player to trade, and the items from dungeons lock after two hours from pickup; items not eligible for trade simply do not show up in the trade interface.

For me (as a fellow controller user on PC) assigning the Interact with Player button to be HOLD Left Bumper (Xbox) works very well, since I can reliably do it while controlling both thumbsticks during combat or whatever. It's the same button you use to revive a fallen ally, if you're familiar with that; works at about the same range, too.

And there are different chat channels. /zone chat is the "everyone in this instance, no matter the distance" channel, but many people just spam this channel with nonsense so lots of players turn it off entirely. /say will show up to anyone in the immediate area (not sure how large a radius, but it's not that big; town size perhaps) and you have a better chance of people seeing stuff written here since fewer people turn it off. /yell works similarly, but has a larger radius and shows up in red letters; but again people abuse this channel for dumb BS sometimes, so many players disable it. /group is the channel specifically meant for, you guessed it, groups; but it's super common for people to simply not acknowledge you at all in random groups even if they see what you type, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Failing all those channels, you can try /whisper ing players by their @names (I'm not sure if /whisper works with character names, since I never go by those). It sends them a direct (private) message. So for example you'd just type "/whisper @GreenHere" in the chat, hit enter, then proceed to attempt to message them. You can also use just /w for short. If you type a message and it doesn't go through, the player is either appearing offline, truly offline, or has blocked you; so it can be a good idea to just send a quick period or something to someone before typing out a full message that may be wasted.

You'll see players have different animations for things like looking at their map, digging through their bags, shopping in the Crown Store, etc. I can't say definitively, but I'm ~90% sure that when you see someone looking at a scroll/map that they're actually looking at the Map (as in finding a place to fast travel to) since digging through inventory has its own animation. If that "looking at the map" animation is shared with another menu, I'm not aware of it.

People do sometimes trade things after dungeon runs, but it's the exception more than the rule ever since the Sets Collections feature came out. Most folks aren't really looking for items too often anymore, it seems; and if they are they're in chat letting everyone know. Like I said above, most of the time you're lucky to get even one person that tosses a "tyfg" (thank you for group) in the chat at the end, let alone have any kind of interaction. If you're looking for socializing or (reliable) item trading or anything along those lines, you'd do well to find a friendly guild to run with. It really can make the whole ESO experience a lot better!

Sorry for wall of text. I'm wordy. :P
  • jessica_1403
    GreenHere wrote: »
    Yeah, you need to be in proximity to...

OMG Thank you so so sooooo much for that info! It really is super helpful!
    To bad that so many players ignore you, its not that much of an effort to reply but hey, what can you do...
    I'm in a guild but I never ask or let them know that I want to join them cause most of the time they do bosses or asking for vet dungeons or you have to be cp level idk
    so me, only level 25 doing probably only around 5000 damage is not something that they would like to have with them. I have bought my first house with yard now and someone from the guild donated 200.000 gold to me so I could buy that house and buy a skeleton.
    I just installed an addon to have a full rapport on the damage i do and so I could try out the best rotation. So that way I will be more confident. The guild says that I for now just have to focus on level up and don't have to worry about dps
    But that is the reason why I always solo.

about the revive, i don't know since I run solo haha. Oh and don't worry about wall of text, I'm probably much worse than you lolol
    But you have been super helpful and I can't thank you enough
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happy to help! I remember my early days in ESO, and were it not for helpful strangers on the internet I would have had a much harder time with things. I'm glad I can pay it forward, so to speak.

If you find yourself struggling for DPS, there's a lot of good info to find out there. One avenue a lot of folks who struggle end up finding success with is super-simple Heavy Attack builds; note that a lot of what people call HA builds are not at all simple, though. The super simple ones where you only are worried about like 3 or 4 skills are they type I'm referring to.

Glad to hear you got a target dummy and (I assume) Combat Metrics to set you on the right track. Those are both instrumental tools to "gitting gud" so it's super cool that someone helped you out with that early on.

Just so you know, don't feel shunned or like you should hide away until you're all leveled up, though. There are a lot of players who are more than happy to run with newer or lower-power players. In fact if you browse the forum a bit, you'll see quite a few disgruntled folks who are tired of feeling rushed by veterans who want to do things at a pace that makes them uncomfortable. If you can find and hook up with players who want a more normal pace/experience, you're basically good to go for that sort of group content right now; most group dungeons are super doable on Normal right from the start.

Furthermore, as a low level player you're particularly valuable in the Random Dungeon queue, because the way ESO selects Dungeons for random groups is based on the lowest player's level, as outlined here. (UESP is the best source for all things Elder Scrolls, btw! Lots of questions can be answered by poking around there.) Note that you can manually go into any dungeon you like at any level; those "minimum level" requirements only apply to when the game is finding random teammates for you in matchmaking.
  • jessica_1403
    GreenHere wrote: »
    Happy to help! I remember my early days....

Yeah I think many ppl have forgotten that they all started out as a complete noob. Maybe they had already a good understanding on what to do on ESO due to previous somewhat similar online games but regardless what their first game was, we all started like me, clueless and having a lot to learn. Although I have encountered also many players who are very helpful and answered all my questions.
    I turned for help here instead of my guild (I'm member of 3 guilds) because I'm worried that they will grow tired of me asking this and that lol
    Few days ago I was asking guild something about a potion and one of them answered go look it up, so I'm a bit scared that they will think, "oh dear, there she is, asking questions again" haha

That addon is indeed combat metrics, I haven't used it yet for my dummy cause I just got it but I accidentally pressed the button that I had bind for this and OH BOY, so much info, I didn't understand one bit of it. So I'm gonna search on how to use it, it will be alright.

Also thanks for that link, to find people who like to do dungeons or quests at a slow pace would be awesome. Cause I get so easily distracted on my own. I never completed a quest without interruptions! I have a goal and that is to complete this quest but then I see the splashing from fish and bam I start fishing or I see an mysterious npc and I go talk to them and suddenly I'm doing another quest, or I go chasing butterflies, and so on....

But that I like about open world games, you are free to do and go wherever you want. Really, ESO has stolen my heart <3 (they probably are member of thieves guild cause they stole lots of ppl's heart) lolol
    And also you have stolen it and I hope someday I can do the same for other beginners that struggle. That I think is a beautiful thing :D
  • Argonianv2
    Hey, welcome.

For loots; they are enabled to share/trade with dungeon/trial mates. The math is if you play with me and my friend, you are free to trade with us. However, we killed the first boss and I left the group & the area. The following loots are not tradeable with me because I was left the group after the first boss. The player can not claim to trade previous loots after he joins a group that processing the dungeon/trial.
    Taunts-Like-Permablock