The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has anyone found the chain of the werewolf lead?

• OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for responding to us, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Salthazar001
    Salthazar001
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, then it's time for a break for me
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Alrighty, all. We've verified that this lead is not currently dropping in the game due a bug that we are now working to get fixed. We'll keep you updated on timing. Thanks in advance for your patience, and apologies for the wild goose (lead?) chase. We're so impressed by all the creative theories you all came up with in this thread!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • superryan94
    superryan94
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't you do this with the fishing lead of the kilt? Would have been way more fun^^
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it took so long to verify it wasn't dropping, it looks like it might be the WW's that infect you, that drop it. ZOS had to wait till they cycled past.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alrighty, all. We've verified that this lead is not currently dropping in the game due a bug that we are now working to get fixed. We'll keep you updated on timing. Thanks in advance for your patience, and apologies for the wild goose (lead?) chase. We're so impressed by all the creative theories you all came up with in this thread!

Thank you for wasting players time.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO
    Thank you for wasting players time. [/quote]

If you weren’t hunting for Chain of the Wild Goose, what else would you have been doing? Staring at Nirnroot? Lolz
  • Valor
    Valor
    ✭✭✭
    Shaking my ass in front of the Hircine shrine and praying to find the lead...

but at least I'm not beating my head in front of a brick wall anymore and I can rest, but @Salthazar001 and I had been peeking under every single rock at anything werewolf-connected.
    Miniskirt Enthusiast

Jacob Black|DC|Nightblade|Emped on 9/8/17

#TeamJacob
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you weren’t hunting for Chain of the Wild Goose, what else would you have been doing? Staring at Nirnroot? Lolz
    [/quote]

Nirnroot gazing is a noble profession.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that they said it was bugged, but if it weren't, my money is on Moonhunter Keep or March of Sacrifices.

Especially since 2 new Mythic leads come from Cradle of Shadows and Ruins of Mazzatun

Just my 2 cents, won't know till it's unbugged.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would make sense, since the last boss on SC2 is a vampire and the last one on VoM is a lich... but it would also be the first mythic to have three out of five leads coming from dungeons I think.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nirnroot gazing is a noble profession.[/quote]

I think 'Chain of the Wild Goose' should totally be a thing.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think everyone in this topic who worked on trying to find it should be compensated with a free werewolf concubine. Except for me as I contributed nothing.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to know that it will be fixed. It's the main mythic that I wanted to try builds on.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very depressing (yet somehow not surprising) this exact same thing happened on the Public Test Server yet here we are, only discovering it is indeed bugged after more complaints post-launch. Pretty much every time I checked the Mythic/Antiquity topics there was a new "Where's this Werewolf lead?" post.

The lead was absent for the entire PTS yet it takes month/s later to get someone at ZOS to actually check? Surely somebody reported it so that's no excuse.

Come on.
    Edited by Transairion on June 9, 2021 9:00AM
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your mistake is thinking its a ww only mythic, it's not exclusive to them, try looking around vamps liars and necromancer dens.
  • Vonkarolinas
    Vonkarolinas
    ✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »

Seriously? You are that bitter over something so trivial?

• manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577376/pc-mac-patch-notes-v7-0-6

Unless the change was unlisted, this looks to still be bugged.

I really hope that in the future ZoS lists the drop location of all leads in a spoiler tag on the PTS patch notes.

This would allow actual feedback on the drop sourcing and bug testing of basic things.
    - Mojican
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, was this fixed with this patch and not added to the patch notes or do we have to wait longer?
  • kimhwee
    kimhwee
    ✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577376/pc-mac-patch-notes-v7-0-6

Unless the change was unlisted, this looks to still be bugged.

I really hope that in the future ZoS lists the drop location of all leads in a spoiler tag on the PTS patch notes.

This would allow actual feedback on the drop sourcing and bug testing of basic things.

Seems so. I checked there are no mentioned of the lead being fixed but still I am going to try out several good chances that we had mentioned previously.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to finally finding this lead. Hopefully we get more info on when it'll get fixed.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    nothing in patch notes

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom is this fixed?
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So still no update on if players can access the content they paid for?

I take the silence to mean that it has not been fixed and given current pacing the earliest it could be fixed is two weeks from now?

So players will be unable to access a part of the expansion for an entire month??

This is really absurd.
    - Mojican
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take the silence to mean that it has not been fixed and given current pacing the earliest it could be fixed is two weeks from now.

The community manager's statement above indicates that they are working on fixing the problem, not that they have an actual fix ready for the problem. It also says they will "keep you updated on timing," which means that once they actually know when the fix they are still looking for is going to be ready, they will let us know at that time when they plan to patch it.

Edited by Jaraal on June 14, 2021 5:46PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing drops, it is still bugged, like most of the game
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    I take the silence to mean that it has not been fixed and given current pacing the earliest it could be fixed is two weeks from now.

The community manager's statement above indicates that they are working on fixing the problem, not that they have an actual fix ready for the problem. It also says they will "keep you updated on timing," which means that once they actually know when the fix they are still looking for is going to be ready, they will let us know at that time when they plan to patch it.

You are missing my point, given the information we have two more weeks would be the earliest we can hope for.

IDK about you, but when I buy something I don't expect it to get it a month after its release date.
    - Mojican
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are missing my point, given the information we have two more weeks would be the earliest we can hope for.

IDK about you, but when I buy something I don't expect it to get it a month after its release date.

This is an online video game. Bugs are to be expected and sometimes they may take longer to patch. It's not spaghetti.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on June 14, 2021 6:06PM
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

This is an online video game. Bugs are to be expected and sometimes they may take longer to patch. It's not spaghetti.

Understanding and excusing are two different things. Stop trying to excuse the poor roll out of a piece of content.

ZoS should take this experience and improve for the future, but the community should not just roll over and ignore that something was poorly executed.
    Edited by manny254 on June 14, 2021 6:15PM
    - Mojican
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Understanding and excusing are two different things. Stop trying to excuse the poor roll out of a piece of content.

ZoS should take this experience and improve for the future, but the community should not just roll over and ignore that something was poorly executed.

Just because this lead isn't dropping doesn't mean it's some horrible rollout. There is no way to have a bug-free launch.
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about "Chain of the Vampire?" I found the lead, though I have no idea where as I don't pay that close of attention to antiquities/mythic stuff. I did excavate it though. That and the "Reinforced Clasp Anchor."

Nevermind, just saw that there are multiple "chain of..." leads.
    Edited by aipex8_ESO on June 14, 2021 6:41PM