Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Main or Alt crafting

bridgetrose
bridgetrose
✭✭✭
My main is about mid way in crafting. 30 to 40 on most things. I decided if I was going to have alts I might as well start now. My alt is certified and I went to deposit a few things in the back and I realized that it looks like anything that can be put in the back is shared across account?

With my main I've been doing a bunch of research as soon as I get anything. Thing is, I my main always has more blacksmithing and clothing than she can go through. If I have left over and the alts don't have anything should I let them do the research or should I save it for the main who is so much farther ahead?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, anything your main character deposits in the bank can be picked up by your alts and either researched or deconned.

Once your character reaches level 50 in crafts and you have a lot of traits learned, you can start getting master writs sometimes if you turn in daily crafting writs. Those require crafting with certain styles and traits and give you vouchers when turned in. That’s where the fun begins, especially if you are interested in housing. Then you can buy special housing furnishing plans.

The reason for having alts at that point is to have all of them doing daily crafting writs and getting master writs, so you have more of them.

Even if you aren’t into housing, you can do research on all of your characters at the same time, and if you invest skill points into the crafting skill you are also able to research more than one trait at a time.

Hope this helps.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on May 13, 2021 4:49AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, anything your main character deposits in the bank can be picked up by your alts and either researched or deconned.

Once your character reaches level 50 in crafts and you have a lot of traits learned, you can start getting master writs sometimes if you turn in daily crafting writs. Those require crafting with certain styles and traits and give you vouchers when turned in. That’s where the fun begins, especially if you are interested in housing. Then you can buy special housing furnishing plans.

The reason for having alts at that point is to have all of them doing daily crafting writs and getting master writs, so you have more of them.

Even if you aren’t into housing, you can do research on all of your characters at the same time, and if you invest skill points into the crafting skill you are also able to research more than one trait at a time.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. That does help. I'll work on getting the main up to 50 and then worry about the alts and yes I"m into housing. I just bought a house last week and love it.

It was suggested to get a few alts and get them leveled up to make more money to buy more stuff for the house!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats on taking the step into housing!

There are many furnishing plans to be found in the game. I like to craft the furnishings myself for my houses, it gives me a sense of accomplishment.

It does take time though, so if you are in a guild it might be helpful to find someone who can craft items you don’t know yet. If you provide the mats, most guildies will do it for free that way (though it’s always nice to tip them for their time).

Have fun!
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• hundergrn
    hundergrn
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the first house! Take your time and make it your own. :smile:

As for crafting with main and alts:

-Let your main take priority for all research and decons up until they hit 50.
    -Bank Space allowing, funnel extra decons to your alt to let them level.
    -Prioritize Traits that you want/will be using for each toon. Each known trait per item increases research time and waiting to learn a wanted trait can be grueling once it starts hitting the 15-30 day mark.
    -Daily writs can earn you an extra 2-5k a day per toon. Easy money
    -Master Writs can be earned through daily writs and chance of acquisition of them can be increase by traits/motifs known, blue/purple/gold recipes known, alchemic/runic known.
    -Alchemy, Provisioning, and Glyph Master writs don't give much but can be done anywhere. They can add up quickly, best done in batches.
    -Writ Vouchers earned from Master Writs can be used to buy 2 motifs, furniture, recipes, instant research, special mats.
    -Master writs can be done in bulk. Can only activate one per skill line on turn in. Bulk turn in with xp scroll = heafty xp gain.

If on PC, look into:
    - FCO Item Saver - Takes a little bit to customize but will allow marking and auto marking of things to keep from accidental decon of gear you want to keep.
    - Craftstore Blackwood: Trait, Motif, Recipe, Blueprint tracker for all your toons. (Can mark wanted traits per toon and warp to craftable gearset locations by nearest wayshrine)
    - Lazy Writ Crafter- A freaking godsend for daily and master writs... as long as you have the mats and knowledge, writs can be done in seconds. Master Writs can queued without starting the quest and knocked out in the same way.
    - TraitBuddy: Similar to Craftstore minus the tracking and with different UI but a little quicker to check research time and motif progress.

TL:DR: Prioritize Main but don't forget to give the alts some love. Maxed craft = more money/daily. More max toons = more more money. More toons know = more master writs. More master writs = more xp, money, furnitures, etc.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    hundergrn wrote: »
    Congrats on the first house! Take your time and make it your own. :smile:

TL:DR: Prioritize Main but don't forget to give the alts some love. Maxed craft = more money/daily. More max toons = more more money. More toons know = more master writs. More master writs = more xp, money, furnitures, etc.

I read every bit of it. Thanks for taking the time for the advice.

• twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're researching all the traits on several toons, consider starting at the bottom of the trait list on some of the alts and working to the top of the list at the same time you're working your way down on the first group.

That way you don't need the same traits for research at the same time on all your alts, plus, when you get half way through - the two groups of alts can easily craft for each other's research. The last part can be important in that they can research for each other rather than relying on guildmates or luck to keep your research progressing. You only need one set of everything to make you self sufficient.

The sooner you can be doing everything simultaneously on all toons - the sooner you get done watching a timer/calendar.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    If you're researching all the traits on several toons, consider starting at the bottom of the trait list on some of the alts and working to the top of the list at the same time you're working your way down on the first group.

That way you don't need the same traits for research at the same time on all your alts, plus, when you get half way through - the two groups of alts can easily craft for each other's research. The last part can be important in that they can research for each other rather than relying on guildmates or luck to keep your research progressing. You only need one set of everything to make you self sufficient.

The sooner you can be doing everything simultaneously on all toons - the sooner you get done watching a timer/calendar.

thanks. I'll watch for that but first I still have to get my main completely leveled. Getting there but still some work.