The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

All Bosses dropping 3-7 Gold and no gear/weapons

ZoM_Head
ZoM_Head
✭✭✭✭
Every boss in Auridon now is like that, my previous character got some gems and minor stuff, but i confirmed this with my 2 friends. We are all getting 3-7 gold and no gears at all.

Is something off? i mean all bosses?
mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can not believe that only 4 of us in the whole game is facing this.

Are you guys saying, that bosses are dropping more than just gold for you? even dark anchors?
    Options
  • zmanu
    zmanu
    ✭✭✭
    The bosses don't usually give that much at the lower levels and even in the vet areas the anchors usually give no loot. Even the dungeon bosses often only give some white gear. You're just having some bad luck.
    Options
  • Vehadrah
    Vehadrah
    ✭✭
    It is all random and depends if you are in the loot god's favor... usually even talking about then causes a drop in goodies o-o I fear I have said too much.
    Options
  • MasterFUNG_ESO
    MasterFUNG_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It might have something to do with the amount of campers killing the boss in milliseconds over and over. I cant wait for them to address that. They have mentioned a long time ago the more skill/tactics/dodging you use the higher chance of loot. So only getting one hit on a boss kinda fits in that.
    Edited by MasterFUNG_ESO on April 19, 2014 10:20AM
    Options
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't killed any bosses lately - but pre-patch I was having problems with some bosses. ... I don't think I ever got a good drop from the boss in Ondil and I solo'd that several times; mainly out of curiosity if it would ever improve. And I used skills and dodging etc. I finally gave up and was "attribute" farming the mobs there only. They really should guarantee a good drop the FIRST time you are involved in killing a boss and then go back to suck city RNG.
    Options
  • Mjoel
    Mjoel
    ✭✭
    Boss monsters have all a small chance to drop a blue item (lv1-vr10) dungeon bosses have a low chance to drop a blue (lv1-50) or epic item (vr1-vr10)

When your level is to high monsters stop droping items so you cant farm low lv mobs for materials
    Options
  • namekianerb16_ESO
    I encounter the same! Bosses even with higher level than mine are dropping just 2 to 5 gold and not even an item. In the beta days every boss droped something rerwarding, even the low level bosses and now just a few coins and sips, why should i grind through a dungeon like toothmaul gully or the anchors, for a few golds and a few low level items. And not to talk about the bots which are farming the bosses then it might happen very often that there is dropping nothing!
    Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had green and even blue gear, along with filled soul gems drop from mobs before the boss.

It feels like due to the farming bots, the system is going nutty....
    Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it is an issue with farming bosses in Auridon.

Bosses in Grahtwood drop loot now, green items (fine) are common and blue items (superior) are dropping every now and then, as well as more gold.

Just hit Greenshade, same thing. Green loot drops are more common now and more blue items.

It appears that bot farming is having a big impact in Auridon....but that is my opinion.
    Edited by ZoM_Head on April 22, 2014 11:24AM
    Options
  • ariella321
    I've been seeing just gold drops from bosses, too. But not every time.

Seems potentially related to the recent patch that puts a timer on boss drops. If it takes me a couple of tries to do enough damage to get loot, I think I just get gold. But if I manage it the first time, seems like I get regular loot.

Will have to watch things more closely to confirm this...but it's the impression I've gotten recently.
    Options
  • freddy_hgnrb18_ESO
    It may have something to with level brackets?
    I only found out last night, after clearing a public dungeon, and killed the end boss, (with only 2 people doing it) that I got no loot.

I was clearing the final AD zone, (i am now level 44) and the end boss of the cave was 38. Apparently if you are 5-6 levels higher than the enemy you kill, you get no loot.

This was frustrating to me as I have been progressing through quests in their level order, so now I fear getting to my level 40 quests that I'll be getting no loot from any of the enemies at all, let alone the bosses.
    Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    It may have something to with level brackets?
    I only found out last night, after clearing a public dungeon, and killed the end boss, (with only 2 people doing it) that I got no loot.

I was clearing the final AD zone, (i am now level 44) and the end boss of the cave was 38. Apparently if you are 5-6 levels higher than the enemy you kill, you get no loot.

This was frustrating to me as I have been progressing through quests in their level order, so now I fear getting to my level 40 quests that I'll be getting no loot from any of the enemies at all, let alone the bosses.

Yeah, i noticed that as well, but with me, there are less bosses in Greenshade now and more/better or just loots are dropping.

Auridon was nothing but one massive bot invasion and no loots or just gold from bosses, even if my level was the same.

Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    The patch notes had been edited:

"We have also added the following patch note to the Exploration & Itemization category:
    You now need to wait several minutes after looting a delve or overworld boss before you are eligible to receive loot from these types of bosses again."

Nice, at least it is a step forward, small but a step.
    Edited by ZoM_Head on April 23, 2014 3:37PM
    Options
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are too high in level you get no loot.
    Options
  • Kinsaven
    Kinsaven
    ✭✭✭
    The best loot tends to come from treasure chests, bosses don't really seem to drop many useful things (at least not for me). I hope they will increase the rewards that you get from killing bosses eventually, since there's not much of an incentive (besides completing the dungeon) to actually kill them at the moment.

Bosses in Grahtwood drop loot now, green items (fine) are common and blue items (superior) are dropping every now and then, as well as more gold.

Just hit Greenshade, same thing. Green loot drops are more common now and more blue items.

It appears that bot farming is having a big impact in Auridon....but that is my opinion.

That's good to hear. :) I haven't actually been the higher level zones yet, but it's nice to know the loot will improve!

Next to all that, there are often so many people camping the spawn spot of a boss in a dungeon, that I barely manage to get enough hits in to actually be eligible for looting said boss.
    Options
  • masterdtox
    masterdtox
    ✭✭
    this " The best loot tends to come from treasure chests," so true rest if u kill bosses in solo dungeons or a 4 man dungeons is chance on loot and kinda low chance to get anything. That's why there are chest's and now i understand why those are even in 4 man dungeons. GJ ZEN lets all hope they have same loot system in craglorn would be so much fun to fight for chest loot in TRAils/Raids ;p
    Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinsaven wrote: »
    The best loot tends to come from treasure chests, bosses don't really seem to drop many useful things (at least not for me). I hope they will increase the rewards that you get from killing bosses eventually, since there's not much of an incentive (besides completing the dungeon) to actually kill them at the moment.

That's good to hear. :) I haven't actually been the higher level zones yet, but it's nice to know the loot will improve!

Next to all that, there are often so many people camping the spawn spot of a boss in a dungeon, that I barely manage to get enough hits in to actually be eligible for looting said boss.

I get nice loots from bosses in Grahtwood and Greenshade than any master chest i found so far. Karma is a btch somethings i guess...
    Options
  • Lysistrata
    It might have something to do with the amount of campers killing the boss in milliseconds over and over. I cant wait for them to address that. They have mentioned a long time ago the more skill/tactics/dodging you use the higher chance of loot. So only getting one hit on a boss kinda fits in that.

They're not campers - they're bots. And they're in pretty much every public dungeon.
    Edited by Lysistrata on April 23, 2014 8:54PM
    Options
  • rdfarley89
    rdfarley89
    ✭✭✭
    Nomrally get some gold, handful of white items, a filled soul gem, occasionally a green or a blue item. Pretty normal tbh. BUT think about it those white items can be deconstructed and used to make green or blue items ^.^
    Options
  • poochie
    poochie
    ✭✭✭
    I think any Tiered elite should always drop loot. It shouldn't matter if the player is way past its level range or not. Also I find it ridiculous how veteran mobs drop same amount of gold as a 1-50 zone. I guess if a player really needs cash then go loot chests since to me they seem to have 30 something gold.
    Options
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    3 gold is better then 2 gold
    Options
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosses have generally been gimped for me so far. I have gotten one blue and that was off a deadroth outside a dungeon. Even when I have farmed bosses just to see if I could do better I maybe would get one armor/weapon out of 5 tries and its usually even a green. This is nothing new - I have been noticing it for at least 2 weeks. The first time you kill a boss you should get something reasonable no matter what your level are and then it can go back to the current state of crap if you kill them.

[edit: just noticed I responded twice to the same thread. LOL]
    Edited by zhevon on April 24, 2014 12:41PM
    Options
  • Caillronb14_ESO
    The drops for bosses generally suck. I get more loot from the trash mobs pulling my way to the boss than the actual boss itself. The boss will generally drop around 5-11 gold, a couple of whites, and a soul gem (Sometimes not all of that usually just one or two of those things). This is an issue that needs to be addressed very soon. Horses in the game cost 42k gold, for the best, and bank / Inventory space is ridiculously expensive. I've only seen around 4 epics (One from the fighters guild quest) and those didn't even drop from a boss.
    Options
  • dnotecmb16_ESO
    9 out of 10 bosses, no loot worth mentioning. That 1 other time, usually a blue, sometimes a purple.

In general though, you get crap from bosses.
    Options