The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Change Solo Queue to Solo/Duo Queue

iFilthyRich
iFilthyRich
Soul Shriven
A simple fix for those that play duo.
Group Queue can stay the same. Playing as duo against a full synergized 4 pre made group is pretty much not even worth playing sometimes when your matchmaking is poor and your teammates are too incompetent to fight .
Consistently you get a team filled with people who do not belong in your MMR against organized pre made groups.
I assume Zos is counting your score to help determine your MMR. This is not a good way to do it. I think score should affect MMR in some way, but clearly should not be the main thing that determines your overall MMR.
You want to be matched with people who are actually on the same fighting level, Not someone running a reflect set holding block on a flag just getting a ton of score or someone running flags the whole match cloaking who has ZERO concept on how to even fight. Those people are just getting filled in probably because of long Queue's, but I don't think that is the case. I believe its because they are just getting high scores and avoiding fights which is putting them in high MMR. You don't want those people on your team, when you already have a challenge in fighting a organized group on coms. It can be pretty miserable at times and there needs to be some sort of change. I just suggest turning solo queue into Solo/Duo. Simple and Easy. This change has no negatives in my opinion. A strong duo can be shutdown easier in a Solo/Duo Queue than trying to shutdown a full 4 man with a duo.

Also,
I would like to see some game modes that encourage fighting more. That would be nice.
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭
    are you talking about 2v2? And encourage fighting more? What? Personally I don't even want to play with you in a match anymore. If they make a separate 2v2 deathmatch mode. would you promise to stay out of every other mode so you don't keep killing off the community with your op build? No matter how long your qeues get? lol
    Edited by CooloutAC on May 5, 2021 3:38AM
  • iFilthyRich
    iFilthyRich
    Soul Shriven
    CooloutAC wrote: »
    are you talking about 2v2? And encourage fighting more? What? Personally I don't even want to play with you in a match anymore. If they make a separate 2v2 deathmatch mode. would you promise to stay out of every other mode so you don't keep killing off the community with your op build? No matter how long your queues get? lol

No, I'm not talking about 2v2, but I wouldn't be against having a 2v2 game mode though. I'm talking about the Solo Queue that we have right now. They just need to add Duo's into that playlist.
    Yes, I want game modes that encourage FIGHTING more. Too many times you see people in there avoiding fights to go for the win which ends the game too soon. A lot of people just want good fights and pvp with minimal lag.

I'm running ZERO procs on my build. I don't believe my build is over powered at all, So I can't promise you that lol
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CooloutAC wrote: »
    are you talking about 2v2? And encourage fighting more? What? Personally I don't even want to play with you in a match anymore. If they make a separate 2v2 deathmatch mode. would you promise to stay out of every other mode so you don't keep killing off the community with your op build? No matter how long your queues get? lol

No, I'm not talking about 2v2, but I wouldn't be against having a 2v2 game mode though. I'm talking about the Solo Queue that we have right now. They just need to add Duo's into that playlist.
    Yes, I want game modes that encourage FIGHTING more. Too many times you see people in there avoiding fights to go for the win which ends the game too soon. A lot of people just want good fights and pvp with minimal lag.

I'm running ZERO procs on my build. I don't believe my build is over powered at all, So I can't promise you that lol

You can't fault anyone for playing the objective. You can fault ZOS for curating a PvP matchmaking system which too often rewards players for avoiding PVP combat.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    A simple fix for those that play duo.
    Group Queue can stay the same. Playing as duo against a full synergized 4 pre made group is pretty much not even worth playing sometimes when your matchmaking is poor and your teammates are too incompetent to fight .
    Consistently you get a team filled with people who do not belong in your MMR against organized pre made groups.
    I assume Zos is counting your score to help determine your MMR. This is not a good way to do it. I think score should affect MMR in some way, but clearly should not be the main thing that determines your overall MMR.
    You want to be matched with people who are actually on the same fighting level, Not someone running a reflect set holding block on a flag just getting a ton of score or someone running flags the whole match cloaking who has ZERO concept on how to even fight. Those people are just getting filled in probably because of long Queue's, but I don't think that is the case. I believe its because they are just getting high scores and avoiding fights which is putting them in high MMR. You don't want those people on your team, when you already have a challenge in fighting a organized group on coms. It can be pretty miserable at times and there needs to be some sort of change. I just suggest turning solo queue into Solo/Duo. Simple and Easy. This change has no negatives in my opinion. A strong duo can be shutdown easier in a Solo/Duo Queue than trying to shutdown a full 4 man with a duo.

Also,
    I would like to see some game modes that encourage fighting more. That would be nice.

so, u want to fight duo vs full randoms? don't u feel something wrong in this... wish?
    @Anethum from .ua
  • iFilthyRich
    iFilthyRich
    Soul Shriven
    Anethum wrote: »
    so, u want to fight duo vs full randoms? don't u feel something wrong in this... wish?

No, Obviously there will be a mixture of other duo's, hence the name Solo/Duo Queue.