The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Quick access for custom chat commands

Lodorrsfluch
Lodorrsfluch
✭✭✭✭✭
In the gamepad mode there is a way to map emotes to a quick access wheel. Basically like the quick slots for pots etc, but for emotes.

Is there an addon that creates a similar kind of menu, but for custom chat commands rather than specifically emotes? So that I could use this wheel to do /readycheck or /script JumpToHouse(" @Player "), with just one keybind, and without having to open the chat and typing it?
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    This seems like a really interesting idea! Off the top of my head, I don't know any addon that does stuff like this, but it seems doable.

The main thing to keep in mind for an addon like this is that it will be unable to completely send the chat message, it can only prefill it. The user has to be the one who presses the send button.

After I finish up with finals, il take a look to see if I can't throw together something real quick to this effect.
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use pChat for that. Type /msg in the chat show the short chat editor.
    You define something like rc, which will be !rc then as chat command. So if you define rc = /readycheck, you are able to use !rc to put that text the chat editbox and only need to press the return key afterwards.

/msg also provides a small menu for defined short messages and keybind to edit/delete them.
  • Lodorrsfluch
    Lodorrsfluch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M0R_Gaming wrote: »
    This seems like a really interesting idea! Off the top of my head, I don't know any addon that does stuff like this, but it seems doable.

The main thing to keep in mind for an addon like this is that it will be unable to completely send the chat message, it can only prefill it. The user has to be the one who presses the send button.

After I finish up with finals, il take a look to see if I can't throw together something real quick to this effect.

Why can't the addon send the commands right away? In the emotes menu I also only have to select the icon, release the keybind, and my char is dancing already, without me having to touch the keyboard. Why wouldn't an addon be able to do that?

If there was something like this, I'd be all over it. I hate using the keyboard when I play while laying on my sofa, especially when the lights are off.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't the addon send the commands right away? In the emotes menu I also only have to select the icon, release the keybind, and my char is dancing already, without me having to touch the keyboard. Why wouldn't an addon be able to do that?

Addons can't send messages on the chat, they can only write them and you must send them manually with enter key. It's a limitation made most likely to prevent spambot-like addons sending automated messages every X seconds.
  • Lodorrsfluch
    Lodorrsfluch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »

Addons can't send messages on the chat, they can only write them and you must send them manually with enter key. It's a limitation made most likely to prevent spambot-like addons sending automated messages every X seconds.

Ok this makes sense for me.

• Calamath
    Calamath
    Soul Shriven
    You might want to give this new add-on a try. :)

Calamath's Shortcut Pie Menu :
    https://esoui.com/downloads/info3088-CalamathsShortcutPieMenu.html

Description:
    This add-on provides a pie menu (radial menu) for shortcuts to various UI operations, except for slottable items.

Features:
    - Supports the following UI shortcuts
    1. Using Collectibles - Assistants, Companions, Mementos, and Pets
    2. Playing Emotes
    3. Execute Chat Commands
    4. Travel to House
  • Lodorrsfluch
    Lodorrsfluch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh.. this looks really fine for me.
    I will try this soon.

Thank you very much.!