Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Farming Vateshran Hollows

ZorroDeMar
ZorroDeMar
✭✭
I was doing the Vateshran Hollows normal doing the hidden bosses and realize that I need to restart the hole arena. I had a checkpoint after I kill the first boss of the Red arena. I remove the quest from my inventory and travel out of the arena. I come back to the arena hopping that the hole thing have reset, but even when there was no quest to giver I found my self at the checkpoint of the first red arena boss. I finish the hole arena since that was the only thing I can do, got my price and when I come back to the arena que quest was available. I grab the quest and got another chance to get the final price. 2 loot on the same toon the same week. I then try the same with another toon but this time I remove the quest without a boss checkpoint. Travel out, no quest giver available. I finish the arena got my price but this time I was unable to get the quest again. Looks like removing the quest after a boss chokepoint can give you the opportunity to farm the Vateshran Hollows.

Can anyone try and let me know if that is the case?
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Vateshran Hollows the only thing that operates on a weekly basis are the leaderboards for completing the veteran version, and these alternate with Malestrom Arena so it's more like every other week.

The quest can be picked up each time you enter the arena, as long as you don't already have one active. As you discovered, it allows progress to be saved after boss fights, so you can leave the arena and come back to complete it later. In order to reset the arena, you must both abandon the quest AND leave for ~15 minutes (iirc).

As for farming, there is no loot cooldown so one toon can run it over and over again, and that is the intended mechanic so you don't have to worry about abandoning the quest unless you're trying to reset the arena for achievement hunting/score pushing.
    PC NA