Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Collections question

Castagere
Castagere
✭✭✭✭✭
OK, the armor you can use at the outfit station I understand how that works. But the part has armors you unlock but can't use what are they for? Yeah, they have a gold cost on them too. Is this another system?
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing you mean the ones that are still greyed out, at the end of the lists? Like you have all the ones you can apply, but then all the ones you can't listed after/below?

Those are the ones available for unlocking/buying/discovering/etc. but you haven't yet obtained -- they're in that menu so you can preview them before obtaining them. Which is great, actually. They may show you the price to apply them (I'd never paid attention to notice that or not, honestly), but if they're just grey silhouettes that means you still need to buy the associate motif (or whatever the unlock method is for that particular piece you're looking at).

Am I understanding you correctly?
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the ones with the price you can buy?
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Castagere wrote: »
    So the ones with the price you can buy?
    The prices to "apply" are how much it costs to make it part of your outfit. But you have to already have unlocked those pieces by reading an outfit page or style motif.

More importantly, try to put your motifs on just you main crafter first. You can put your extra motifs on your other characters, but it probably makes more sense to sell the motifs since you only need one character to know the style/motif in order for your account to use it!

Lastly, you can get style-pages from event rewards, and the event merchant, battlegrounds, etc.

EDIT: But motifs you must buy, find them in lootable containers, or get as rewards for daily quests in some areas. Some bosses have drops called "leads" which is basically treasurehunting, and you can dig up some motifs that way also.

Style-pages = Outfit style ONLY (skin over your armor)

Motifs = Craftable styles, and you can also use that style in outfit styles also. Double dip.
    Edited by Syrpynt on June 2, 2021 4:56PM
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Castagere wrote: »
    Thank you
    Of course! Also, clarification for "selling extra motifs/style-pages"-- I mean to sell them on guild traders by joining a guild and listing those items for a price!

I highly recommend that you NOT sell them to the standard NPC merchants (unless the guild trader prices are about par with the standard item value). This is because motifs and style pages tend to sell for hundreds, thousands, and sometimes hundreds of thousands of gold!! Well worth listing it to make extra money for those ever-evasive set items and drops later on.

If you don't know the "player value" of an item, a great starting point is searching on Tamriel Trade Centre . com (yes, the 'r' is before the 'e'.) Search your item similar to how you search using the guild trader menus. Then if you want to sell immediately: Sell it at the lowest priced item you see, or slightly lower. I made 200,000 gold just this last weekend by selling extra motifs, mats, and rare set items.

Goodluck, and feel free to ask more set/motif/outfit questions you have (: