The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

some pvp designs are backwards and need reworks, simple fixes.

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
right now the emperor and scroll system are poor for pvp and need rework.

the scroll system further empowers a dominant faction and creates a snowball effect. a faction thats already dominant gets further stat bumps? this is like playing an FPS and the team in the lead gets more hp and deals slightly more damage, are you serious?

if this has a side effect of slightly reducing the value of taking scrolls, thats fine, most are achieved in off hours by imbalanced factions and / or PvDoor. perhaps this would proxy encourage more fighting.

emperor acquisition, buff, and de throne is a similar problem

a faction thats able to emp is clearly dominant, as a reward they get to have their most productive player have massive combat bonuses? and the end *hope* is that BOTH factions will inevitable show up and try to dethrone at a single keep, creating a massive three way fight in a single location?

first, thats bad for cyrodill and lag by design. and clearly its intended because assuming parity among factions there is no chance an emp faction with the advantage of defense at a single keep is going to lose against a single faction forced into offense against them.

so all three factions is assumed (as was the point when pvp was first designed) however pvp cannot support that gameplay anymore, the game cannot handle the intended gameplay of all three factions fighting at one keep for a de throne.

so do two things, severely cut emp bonuses, its pretty much only achieved for the bragging rights anyway. and also have dethrone happen at 1 ring keep remaining rather then 0, this means that the emp faction would have to hold two keeps to maintain emp, and makes it much more easy for the other two factions to de emp, as then the emp faction cannot just faction stack a single keep for hours.

so in summation, fast pvp changes for the health of Cyro
-remove scroll buffs, it creates an unhealthy snowball effect not good for any pvp game.
-cut emp buffs a bit and de throne at 1 held ring keep rather then 0, this splits up the fight and encourages the 2 v dominant 1 that cyro was designed around, as well as taking into account gmae performance.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Cyro needs alot, but these are tweaks that could be implemented tomorrow, dont effect the larger game as a whole, and will improve the health of pvp in Cyro. please move forward with them.

PS: the EP / AD bridges are still BS compared to milegates, widen the bridges and put a single milegate in the center of the bridge please, for parity and balance.
Edited by Wing on May 20, 2021 6:15PM
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally im of the opinion that scrolls, keeps, and maybe even emp should only give bonuses that do not effect combat.

Like giving out an AP boost for everyone online when your faction successfully emps would be acceptable, but giving everyone in the faction actual stat buffs would not. Scrolls going towards the score is fine, but again giving actual stat boosts is not.

There are plenty of alternatives stat boosts can be replaced with. Boosted AP gains, mount speed boosts, discounted siege, boosted Exp for your alliance war skill line (like the war tortes), extra mini quests from your home base, special vendors that only show up when conditions are met. People should be rewarded for their efforts, but not in a way that directly effects combat.

And as for Alessia bridge, they should make the whole thing 1 structure, and when it is made impassable, the EP side tower collapses entirely and the AD side tower should slump over the gap giving us a similar level of 1 way passage as the DC/EP gates do.
    Edited by Greasytengu on May 20, 2021 8:09PM
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And as for Alessia bridge, they should make the whole thing 1 structure, and when it is made impassable, the EP side tower collapses entirely and the AD side tower should slump over the gap giving us a similar level of 1 way passage as the DC/EP gates do.

thats always been my problem, milegates favor one side by design, the bridges never have.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think the milegates encourage fights in that area rather than traversing the bridges. I also find it ridiculous how long it is to tear one down compared to repair to passable.

I really don't know what the right answer to adjusting PvP is but anything is better than sitting on their hands right now.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    I do think the milegates encourage fights in that area rather than traversing the bridges. I also find it ridiculous how long it is to tear one down compared to repair to passable.

I really don't know what the right answer to adjusting PvP is but anything is better than sitting on their hands right now.

i think the destruction is because of the sheer amount of siege that can be brought to bare on the milegates, i watched a raid drop like 20+ ballista to nuke a milegate. the bridge your lucky to get 7 siege hitting the right section.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as scrolls go I think they should debuff the alliance that steals one, and buff the alliance that gets it stolen. I mean reading enough of them will make you go blind. They should also give a significant AP buff to the alliance that steals one and an AP debuff to the alliance that has it stolen. Something like 25% per scroll. So if your alliance has all 6 you get 100%AP buff but have 4 different debuffs on you, one per scroll. If your alliance is missing both scrolls you have a negative 50% AP debuff, but get an offensive and a devensive stat buff. Defensive scrolls with defensive debuffs for captors of scrolls and defensive buffs to those who lost the scroll, same with offensive ones. That way the AP buff plus the score is the reason to take them, balanced out by the buff/debuff system.

I am also really starting to think that once they have been out of their temple for 3 scoring ticks they should rematerialize back in their temple. They are way to easy to steal in off hours, and way to hard to get back during prime time. The points gained by the ease of stealing them with a population imbalance lingers for way too long when they are that easy to get at times.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changed my reaction from Agree to Awesome because the rationalisation of de-EMP when one keep remains is amazing. Just a simple thing like splitting defence across two keeps would make emperorship tilt the scales much less than it currently does (which is a little too much, in my view).
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    Changed my reaction from Agree to Awesome because the rationalisation of de-EMP when one keep remains is amazing. Just a simple thing like splitting defence across two keeps would make emperorship tilt the scales much less than it currently does (which is a little too much, in my view).

thanks for the support, and for being the point that got me to forum rank 10 XD
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. :D there is a big issue with the zone buffs. Leading should be much more of a hot potato that you have to juggle between scoring max points and being effective in ground combat. Scrolls should be a debuff, to provide a catch-up mechanism.